CaveatEmptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaveatEmptor
Member since 2016 • 2 Posts

This is the second account I've made to counteract this problem but the same thing happened - I rate 5 games and past that point there is an 'error while saving' message when rating. I'm thinking it's because there's some daily limit rule, but I haven't found a definitive answer in any forums and it's acting more like a bug than a limit as there is no message just an 'error'. Thanks!

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 595

#2  Edited By hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

Hey, I get this other problem with the rating system and its whenever I try to change score on a game that I already rated it doesn't actually change after I refresh the page. The popup message that says "Rating has been saved" still pops up though.

I wonder what the problem is and I hope you can fix it. Ratings on games can change with time when game develops and I like to keep my library up to date. Help appreciated.

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#3 wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@caveatemptor: There is a limit of ratings you can post per day for new accounts. Just keep at it, and eventually the limit will disappear.

@hxce : What game(s) were you trying to change the rating on when you saw the issue?

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hxce

@wemmick: Hey thanks for the reply, right now it seems like Fallout 3 is the problem. But I know I had problems with other games as well.

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@hxce: What browser/OS are you using? Thanks!

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hxce

@wemmick: I use Safari, could it be that simple? I will try another browser when I get at the computer. I tried this on my mobile device as well (Iphone also using safari) and it didnt work either.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hxce

I'm updating this to let you know that I've tried Firefox and Chrome as well and I still can't change the rating.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d764cbb53c20
deactivated-5d764cbb53c20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#8  Edited By deactivated-5d764cbb53c20
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

The same problem here and no real answer

whatever61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By whatever61
Member since 2020 • 3 Posts

I am posting thist already in 2020 and still same issue exists.

I wanted to make a collection of my played games and their rankings. basically, just move it from GamesFaq to Gamespot.

After 5 I cannot save any rankings (at least put a friendly error message, geez).

I just want to make my own collection, I don't care about public reviews or stuff like this.

Is it possible on Gamespot or not? Just need a clear answer, not to waste my time..

Thanks in advance.

blazin8925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 4

#10 blazin8925
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

@whatever61: You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm trying to do the exact same thing and I'm having the exact same problem. Hopefully you get an answer.