AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

Okay so last night I saw the latest PlayStation State of Play Video and it wasn't all that great. It was a a 40-minute presentation with some new game announcements but also with previously announced games with new trailers and some guest appearances talking for a bit as well.

So, let's talk about the announcements that the January 2024 State of Play video that it showed. First up was another trailer for Helldivers II which is that coop Third Person Shooter which the gameplay shown for it was kind of decent but doesn't look like it could top the first one.

Next, they went in depth with the upcoming Stellar Blade game which did look pretty good, I do like the combat on that.

A new Sonic game is announced called Sonic Shadow Generations which will be a Sonic Generations sequel I think that will have Shadow and the return of Black Doom from the 2005 Shadow the Hedgehog game.

Hoyoverse's Zenless Zone Zero game is on its way to the PlayStation 5 very soon.

Foamstars was that Splatoon rip-off game that is coming out from Square Enix and owners of PlayStation Plus can get their hands on it free this upcoming February. I'm more looking forward to seeing how long it lasts alongside Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis before the games go offline and disappear.

The popular indie Dave the Diver is getting a release on PlayStation consoles and also a collaboration with the king of the monsters Gozilla and the trailer showing the legendary monster rise from the water was pretty cool.

Next was a game called V Rising from Stunlock Studios which looks like a top-down action game which looks kind of decent not nothing really special was shown for it.

Next were two Slient Hill announcements, first was a free to download Silent Hill game called Silent Hill the Short Message which looks to be like that P.T. type game. The other game is a remake of the acclaimed Silent Hill 2 which will be using a Third Person camera like what has been done with the recent Resident Evil games. These Silent Hill games could look fun but however after how Konami has been with the recent Metal Gear Solid Master Collection, I don't have much hope for the Silent Hill games.

A previously announced game Judas revealed more story and gameplay with a new trailer and the shooting did look okay but the story could have shown a bit more.

Metro Awakening VR is going to be a VR game in the Metro universe and the gameplay for it looked okay.

Another trailer was shown for Dragon's Dogma 2 and everyone is looking forward to that game coming out and the gameplay and storyline revealed for it was nice.

There was an in-depth look at the storyline and gameplay of one of the other previously announced games which was Rise of the Ronan and the gameplay shown for it looked promising.

The trailer of Supermassive's PS4 masterpiece Until Dawn showed that it is coming to not only the PS5 and also the PC as well and it looked pretty good. So now PS5 and PC players can experience one of Supermassive's cinematic story driven masterpieces where choices matter.

Lastly was a trailer for the sequel to Death Stranding with Death Standing 2 On the Beach which it showcased the storyline and a bit of gameplay which I hope it is much better than the first one. Hideo Kojima appeared on the show to talk a little about the game and also his upcoming new project which will start after the development of Death Stranding 2 is complete.

So, it wasn't a great PlayStation State of Play announcement video, I liked the Steller Blade, Dragon's Dogma 2 trailer, Dave the Diver getting a Godzilla collaboration and Rise of the Ronan which all looked decent whereas the other announcements were not all that good. They also could have shown off some in-depth look into Marvel's Wolverine or the Metal Gear Solid Delta Snake Eater remake but instead just a bunch of uninteresting titles that aren't worth talking about. They are also doing another PlayStation State of Play video which will concentrate on the upcoming Final Fantasy VII Rebirth which will be on the 6th February but all I need to say that there is no point to that. They could have just shown a simple quick & short trailer of it and just left it there without trying to give too much away. Seriously Square Enix is really spoiling out too much of the new storyline of Final Fantasy VII Remake Universe and I just know that the second part is not going to be good after how Final Fantasy VII Remake ruined the storyline of the Final Fantasy VII Universe.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

@AQWBlaZer91: I honestly doubt Zenless Zone Zero hitting PS5 in 2024.