dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16010 Posts

I'm simply curious. I recently picked up Persona 5, Devil may Cry 5 and Starfield at a reduced price (they were second hand). It ended up costing me significantly less than if I had bought them digitally. I rarely buy full-priced games. There are some games that make me feel like I must have them on day 1, but that's pretty uncommon. What do you guys do?

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1074 Posts

Yes. Sometimes it is a better deal, and sometimes it is the only way to get the game.

One reason new games come down in price after launch is to make someone pick a new sale rather than buying used with no money going to the publisher.

Even if you don't buy used, or even physical, it helps that this exists so that we can see lower prices in some situations.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3642 Posts

I can't since I have a digital PS5 and Series S. Though if I probably would buy used or new if they were cheap compared to digital games.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 285 Posts

Used to do that a lot actually especially as a kid when I was near the fairgrounds ,it's a real good place to score some good and obscure games ... how else would I find out about the eccentric snes port of Drakkhen?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58352 Posts

Nope, I'm all digital, so not much chance of that happening haha.

Thankfully, between sales and independent game prices being so low, I'd say my average game purchase is around $25 these days.

Plus I like holding on to my games. Though I admit it would be nice to have the option to sell, or at least gift, games that I don't intend to play again. If only to share it with people, and to have others share with me. I imagine there'd be a nice little marketplace out there for obscure and niche games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44235 Posts

I use to but it was kind of rare for me to do so. Haven’t purchased a used game in well over 20 years ago. Just always preferred buying new.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56155 Posts

I'm basically more of a digital gamer at this point mainly due to gaming on PC, I rarely buy used PC components for that matter. So no more buying used games for me. Unless I'm buying retro stuff, then sure.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator

@Archangel3371: Do you buy used retro gaming?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44235 Posts

@davillain: No. I’ve thought about getting some retro stuff but it’s just too expensive and a pain in the ass to get what I’d want which would mostly consist of SNES and Neo-Geo. Any retro games I do get are rereleases of old games on current systems or things like the mini NES Classic and mini SNES Classic.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 691 Posts

No, due to widespread piracy (before) and digital purchases (which did a lot to replace piracy due to regional prices), my country never had a good 2 hand market for games.

It's one of the things that I thought was very cool about japan when I went there.

Ps: regional prices are great. It really included as from non developed countries in to the legal video game market.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator

@Archangel3371: Oh that's right, Canada taxes, That sucks retro stuff in Canada are expensive. I don't have any retro stores anymore. So Craiglist is my only option.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34629 Posts

Nope. There are barely any videogame stores where I live, and they sell used games for largely the same as new games, so I don't see the point. Can get a used game for 50 bucks with bumps and scratches, or just get it new for a little more.

Guess I could order shit from ebay or something, but there's no real point there either. Can't find Mario Maker 2 (for example) for less than 40 bucks with 10 bucks shipping. I'd rather just go and buy the game new for 60, and not risk getting a broken/scratched/dirty/smelly game.

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ospi
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts

Just no point anymore. Can get nearly anything for under $20 new looking in the right places and especially if you're willing to wait a little.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#14 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11672 Posts

Yes.

If I have a choice I will always go physical over digital, namely games I plan to trade-back in or add to my return & play more pile.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8778 Posts

Yes. Just got Super Mario Bros. Wonder for $10 off. The majority of what I buy is 2nd hand. Paid full price for the newest Shiren the Wanderer and Astlibra. But other than that, it's been a while.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

I use to but I stopped at PS4 era. I believe only time I bought used video games was when I bought a PS3. I mostly bought them from GameStop as I didn't have $$ back then.