dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16021 Posts

Cheat codes have been around for a long time. I hope that none of you cheat in online games, but do you ever cheat in offline games? (like the Contra code for example)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Yeah.

Younger-me would probably chastise current-me for resorting to short cuts, but as it stands I've got real-life responsibilities and there are too many games to play these days (and great games, to boot! Man what a year it's been), so if I can use a cheat, mod, or console command to make things a bit more efficient then I tend to do so.

Why spend hours scavenging the woods or mines of Skyrim when I can just type in a code and get the lumber or ore I need? Sure, you can make the argument that exploration is part of the game and you'd be right to an extent, but at the same time I don't want to waste time grinding for resources I need to build a piece of armor or a section of my house. Plus I can always go exploring on my own time when I want to and have time to waste; right now I want to do something specific, and I don't want to waste time getting resources.

Likewise if a game is particularly difficult, it's nice to have that crutch available to get past a certain spot. I usually turn off the cheat when I get past it, but sometimes when I want to get through the game efficiently, I might give myself an advantage.

I'm not going god-mode wholesale, but I give myself aids and assistance as needed so I can get through a game.

*Oh and I never cheat in online games!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7266 Posts

Do cheat codes even exist in 2023.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 GNS
Member since 2015 • 923 Posts

I mostly use mods that change the game features, like unlimited saving or not needing to eat in Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

Yes, it's called GTAV using them cheat codes. Same with RDR2.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

Absolutely. I am replaying the KH all in one collection right now and fking hating the level 99 trophies. Not many areas to grind in most KH games except in KH Chain of Memories and KH3. would have loved to get some cheats for that level 99 and all item synthesis. Also learned to love KH Chain of Memories its a pretty good game.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts
@robert_sparkes said:

Nowadays you got to pay for it like RE Remakes unlimited ammo dlc or most jrpg exp, money or level multiplier. Honestly surprised FF16 didn't have one.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14816 Posts

Sometimes when playing RTS games and I forgot to save. No way I'm starting from the beginning. I've enjoyed unlocking cheats for the Resident Evil games. By the time I unlock them I'm bored and don't end up playing anymore.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

No. I don't know when I used a cheat code last. GTA2, maybe?

@sakaixx said:
@robert_sparkes said:

Nowadays you got to pay for it like RE Remakes unlimited ammo dlc or most jrpg exp, money or level multiplier. Honestly surprised FF16 didn't have one.

lol. Modern gaming is laughable.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1352 Posts

I haven’t used cheat codes since the PlayStation 2. I used to use a lot on GTA games and freedom fighters for fun. Nowadays I google a lot of tips or walkthroughs when I get stuck on a level or quest in a game just to speed things up.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#11  Edited By pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3658 Posts

Haven't used cheat codes in years unless it's a retro game from the 90's that has them.