DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

Dragon Dogma 2 - one of the most anticipated RPGs from Capcom - will be anounced today at 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT / 10pm CET / 2am in my country.

Source: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023/11/dragons-dogma-2-release-date-will-indeed-be-revealed-today

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Day one buy.

Wanted this sequel for a very long time.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

ROFL we have a release date for the release date.

GTFO of here with this hype.

I mean seriously, c'mon..."Guys, we have an exciting announcement. We are going to announce today an announcement for when we plan to release the game!"

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39389 Posts

Looked amazing.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DanishAnwar

Wow!!! Really impressed by the reveal video. This is what I was expecting of BG3 in terms of gameplay and graphics. Capcom is a godsend for us gamers.

I am downloading Dragon's Dogma 1 for Switch today in anticipation of this game.

March 22, 2024 - Can't wait.

Loading Video...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

Yeah this looks like a day one for me too.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

looks amazig

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RSM-HQ

@danishanwar:

This is what I was expecting of BG3 in terms of gameplay and graphics.

Wait, wait wait. . Hold up!

The reason you've thrown threads trashing Baldur's Gate III since joining the forum is because you wanted BG3 to be an Action Role Playing Game like Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, & Monster Hunter. . Despite the fact Larian Studios (the team behind BG3) has been making CRPG/SRPGs for over fifteen years?

@mrbojangles25 said:

ROFL we have a release date for the release date.

GTFO of here with this hype.

Capcom release games in the Q1 period, and have done for the past decade. March has always been a popular month for the companies releases, it's when they release Monster Hunter games, Resident Evils, etc. So not shocked that DD2 is releasing in March. Anyone with common sense saw it coming.

This is why those expecting Monster Hunter 6 anytime soon are foolish.

Dragon's Dogma 2 is Capcom's big release of early next year, with maybe something in Summer or Winter as well. Probably a smaller project like a new Final Fight/ Legends collection or something. They'll probably show MH6 at next years TGS.

I don't think anyone on the boards is as big a MH fanboi as I am. But right now it's Dragon's Dogmas time to shine.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1137 Posts

I realized I got the first one on PS Plus in 2013, I didn't realize it had been that long since the original game came out.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44355 Posts

Looks great. Loved the first game so this is a definite day one purchase for me.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9581 Posts

One of the games I've had on a list for a long time with many more to come. Easy day one buy.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

I wasn't a huge fan of Dragon's Dogma the first time around when it came out back in 2012, I was super late to ever trying it, I actually picked it up on Steam winter sale 2yrs ago. Didn’t bother installing it until I saw an announcement for the sequel. Thought huh, I should check it out. Jumping into the tutorial, I thought the menu was super dated and kind of put me off a bit. I pushed through the little things that bothered me. As a few content creators have said, we are getting to pampered by modern gaming standards. I just beat my first playthrough, I can honestly say it was worth it and I am fully on-board ready for the sequel...but not super hype for it, but it is a day one purchase cause I made a mistake with the first game. I'm bummed I never played it back in 2012 on either Xbox 360 or PS3 for that matter.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DanishAnwar

I am playing DD: Arisen right now on my ahem, Switch. And in my opinion it's an underrated gem.

The graphics may seem outdated now, but still I am enjoying the experience. The story is engaging and the gameplay has a Skyrim vibe to it. But it's totally unique and original.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ
@davillain said:

I just beat my first playthrough

Define 'beat'.

Kill Grigori (Red Dragon)?

Complete the Everfall.

Beat Bitterblack Isle.

They all have credits after competition. Killing Grigori however is considered a halfway point/ fake ending. Which a lot of reviewers got caught by and never experienced the Everfall.

@davillain said:

I'm bummed I never played it back in 2012 on either Xbox 360 or PS3 for that matter.

Honestly the game wasn't very good in 2012 namely due to the Waystone system, wasn't till the changes made even in the base-game for Dark Arisen that Dragon's Dogma was worth praise. Even the director was pretty ashamed how Dragon's Dogma launched.

When many praise Dragon's Dogma they're talking about the Everfall and Bitterblack Isle.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Didn't notice you reply to me until I came back to this thread.

Spoilers:

Upon killing Senaschel the Arisen, takes their place to rule the world. Senaschel is shackled to the word in an endless cycle and can only be slain by Godsbane. This puts the current rule to an end where you, the new Senaschel can rule.

Something I love about Dragon's Dogma is that the world always treats you like a pawn in the grand scheme of bigger things to come. It never really matters how much you rise in the game, because all the characters are really interested in what you can do for them, Shown many times throughout the story that most people aren't interested in the dragon's defeat. much less believing it can be done.

Honestly the game wasn't very good in 2012 namely due to the Waystone system, wasn't till the changes made even in the base-game for Dark Arisen that Dragon's Dogma was worth praise. Even the director was pretty ashamed how Dragon's Dogma launched.

When many praise Dragon's Dogma they're talking about the Everfall and Bitterblack Isle.

Back in 2012, I was on IGN for most of my years before I started lurking here on GS back in 2013 and 2014, I made my grand debut here and left IGN. All I remember from IGN users saying the game was praised for its gameplay while the narrative was lackluster at best. Hard to believe its been 10yrs...well 11yrs now this game is still being talk about.

If I may ask, why did Capcom waited a decade later for a sequel?

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DanishAnwar

@RSM-HQ: Interesting insight. I thought there was only one game.

Playing the Dark Arisen version, and it seems good enough to me, although not in the league of Elden Ring. The narration and gameplay seems better than Skyrim.

I wonder what was changed from the base game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain: Hideaki Itsuno san fought for Dragon's Dogma 2 because it's his IP his team created. He had to convince Capcom it was worth trying again. This is not the first time he attempted to get a sequel greenlit either & was turned down in past attempts.

Because a lot of Itsunos projects in the past had corporate interference; when he directed DMC5 he noted that the game had to be made 'his way' or he was leaving the company (as was many in his team), and because his vision was well received post release and reflected in sales, Capcom seem to let him make the calls that are right for his games.

You need to keep in mind Itsunos team outside of Dragon's Dogma is the studio that brought back Devil May Cry with DMC 3, 4, & 5.

So if you expected a Devil May Cry 6 next year? fat chance, 2025 would also be highly unlikely.

@danishanwar said:

@RSM-HQ: Interesting insight. I thought there was only one game.

Technically Dark Arisen is an expansion. But at the time of PS3/ 360 it was a 'forced' upgrade. Similar to how Super Street Fighter IV was handled. In those years the company was heavily influenced by a man called Inafune Keiji, who almost bankrupt Capcom with his poor decisions.

Itsuno (director of DMC3/4/5 & Dragon's Dogma) was always quite vocal about disking Inafune's decisions for Capcom.

Luckily as far as Monster Hunter teams are concerned at Capcom they have a lot of freedom, and never got involved with the troubled politics during the PS3/360 generation.

Dragon's Dogma Online also exists but outside borrowing assets from DD has little in common with Dragon's Dogma, was outsourced and not developed by any team at Capcom. I have played DDO and can say it's highly disappointing.

although not in the league of Elden Ring.

I enjoy Souls games, really I do. I have seven platinums from DeS to ER, but not everything feels good in those games. To be frank, dragon battles in a Souls game are usually always a chore/ terrible in which you are ankle slapping the entire fight. It's stupid and never improved. Hordes in a Souls game due to lock-on always feels clumsy. Also magic is just a gun in a Souls game, whether magic in Dragon's Dogma actually has something interesting and impactful.

I think Dogma does a lot of things better than even the most modern Souls game. However Souls games are very good at the core that they've refined from many sequels. Dragon's Dogma has great combat that could benefit from a sequel to refine and polish the game, not to mention make quests less clumsy and poorly designed.

Then we have Monster Hunter. Which personally I think is the most refined and perfected combat of any ARPG gaming franchise. Likely helps that MH also has more sequels than all the other mentioned ones put together. And that's not a insult to Souls games, however facing Fatalis in Iceborne compared to Placidusax (one of the rare good dragon battles in a Souls game) in Elden Ring shows the massive difference in quality and refinement.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DanishAnwar

Agreed with your perspective about Dragons Dogma. I am at level 21 at the moment with a strider as my main and having a hell lot of a fun. It's challenging but in a positive way. I am literally hooked to this game and played it 8 hours straight this Sunday.

I am working today but still thinking about strategies to finish the next quest.

The open world and non-linear gameplay provides us with a unique opportunity to explore and interact with the game world in a way that is both creative and strategic. The freedom to choose your own path and make your own decisions can lead to a more immersive and engaging experience.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DanishAnwar

After going deep into the game, I realized Dragon Dogma 2 is a remake of DD and not a sequal. The story and gameplay is similar to the first game.

If you are expecting a new game, DD2 will disappoint. Buy this game only if you want to experience the story again, or you have not played DD before.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DanishAnwar

I finished the game today with strider class as my main at level 45. And man this was one of the most enjoyable underrated gems I have ever played.

Whether you call it JPRG or WPRG, the fact is Japanese are the kings of RPG games that none can compete. And Capcom is one of the godsends in this genre.

The graphics and story may not be stellar. But I found the the gameplay of DD way more fun than similar genre games like Skyrim.

I really liked the unique gameplay elements such as pawns, ferry stones, port stones and waystones. The team based combat was also unique and fun. The game has also lots of unique spells and huge enemies.

Loading Video...