tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tpz4sheezy
Member since 2017 • 80 Posts

First of all I like most far cry games. I really liked the one with the cult. The one after that was mediocre. I just recently started far cry 6 the other day and I gotta say it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. I mean it’s typical Ubisoft but it’s actually pretty fun. I just did this one mission where they straight up copied stranger things including the theme and intro. It was one of the funnest missions I’ve played in a game in a long time.

Those that have played it what did you think of it? I dont think it’s game of the year or anything but so far I would give it an 8.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

As a fan of the series, I found FC6 to be my least favorite. It feels the most gimmicky, the least immersive.

It's not necessarily bad but I would definitely call it a step backwards.

Still, I give it points for not being a modern military shooter or a historical shooter, despite taking place in a somewhat real world.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Everyone has preferences.

Knowing it's the typical Ubisoft formula makes it close to unplayable for me. If you like the modern open world recipe that hasn't changed in two decades, you'd have a good time, and don't let my sour note take that away if you're having fun. Games are suppose to be fun, and it can vary on the individual.

Only ever played Far Cry 5 and I found it tedious, admittedly as implied I'm also not into these kinda games.

On request I gave Red Faction: Guerrilla a go when the remaster dropped and it was the most boring game I played that year.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 276 Posts

It looks nice, and I love the character that reminds me of Sonny Crocket, but the game is more standard fair that's grown old and formulaic. It's kind of boring after playing so many of these games in the series that are so similar.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

I plan on giving it a shot some time soon. Far Cry 5 was enjoyable.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

I played 3-5 and 5 was definitely my favorite, and 4 was my least favorite. I got 6 on a Steam sale but I didn't really like the gear system they did and refunded the game. It wasn't a bad game from what I played, I just had a bunch of other open world shooter options available that didn't take 60 to 100 GB of space to play.

Agent_Stroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Agent_Stroud
Member since 2020 • 540 Posts

Fun fact, poor little Chorizo as well as Chicharron couldn’t ride in the passenger seats of vehicles originally, but due to popular demand, Ubisoft patched it in so they can both ride with you now as well as all small Amigos being able to ride in military Jeeps which was strangely not allowed prior to this patch.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#8 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1181 Posts

Far Cry 6 is my favorite Far Cry. I have played 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. I can understand how some people may not like 6: It is not everyone’s cup of tea.

I like the difficulty of 6 and I prefer Far Cries where you take on a military, not drug lords like in 3. Far Cry 6 delivers there.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I really like the setting, the map, the gameplay, etc... I just prefer 3. Didn't like 4 and Instincts holds a special place in my heart.

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

Everyone has preferences.

Knowing it's the typical Ubisoft formula makes it close to unplayable for me. If you like the modern open world recipe that hasn't changed in two decades, you'd have a good time, and don't let my sour note take that away if you're having fun. Games are suppose to be fun, and it can vary on the individual.

Only ever played Far Cry 5 and I found it tedious, admittedly as implied I'm also not into these kinda games.

On request I gave Red Faction: Guerrilla a go when the remaster dropped and it was the most boring game I played that year.

You say that, but at the very least they haven't ruined the games by over-saturation (Hello, Assassin's Creed). That said, I find Farcry 2 and Farcry Primal the best of the games for gameplay, with 3 having the most interesting assortment of characters. Also, yeah, open-world games can be a drag if they don't hook you right away. Hopefully more publishers will realize that and we can get back to more structured games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

I started playing it on XSX, but fell off of it... it's not a bad game but just doesn't feel as satisfying to me as even FC5.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts
@YukoAsho said:

You say that, but at the very least they haven't ruined the games by over-saturation (Hello, Assassin's Creed). That said, I find Farcry 2 and Farcry Primal the best of the games for gameplay, with 3 having the most interesting assortment of characters. Also, yeah, open-world games can be a drag if they don't hook you right away. Hopefully more publishers will realize that and we can get back to more structured games.

I've played some good open world games, even in recent years.

Just find a lot of them pretty brain-dead and have no substance. Selling point of the common open world game is the scope, rather than what it offers in these large maps and what you are spending your time doing in them. Far Cry 5 and Red Faction: Guerrilla are examples to these standards. More than not it's mediocre 2001 combat, driving sections of similar quality, along with some very questionable (stupid) A.I.