GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3112 Posts

I’ve posted once or twice about how evil the video game industry is, how socially maladjusted and personal hygiene deficient the average gamer is, and how both deserve each other. But games sometimes have uses.

2020 was a bad year for me. My company did a mass layoff during the pandemic, older relatives got COVID-19, I broke up with my girlfriend, and I was in a general state of malaise.

Since I had nothing better to do, I worked through my log. Experiencing Geralt encounter new adventures and interesting people on the Continent, seeing Cloud grow from a pure mercenary to part of a group, the wonder of Link when he first awakens and he sees the expanse of the world that could freely be explored really helped me emotionally. I beat all three games in record time and I cannot wait for the sequels.

So has gaming ever helped you?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Eye–hand coordination for games that require swift inputs and thinking.

Puzzle solving helps the brain from what little I know as well and I do like puzzles in games (not the brain-dead ones they seem like needless padding).

Otherwise gaming does nothing for me outside being a source of entertainment that I desperately need after a stressful shift.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16021 Posts

They saved me from suicide. I don't feel suicidal any more, but when I did, I would play a Tony Hawk game and it helped me fight off those thoughts.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Sort of grew distant from my childhood friends in middle school and never really made new ones in high school, so yeah, video games helped me during that time. Between music, gaming, and sports, it's how I got through my teenage years more or less.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#6 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

I'm not good at sports but Vidya gave me great hand eye coordination!

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 706 Posts

age of empires helps me spend time with my brothers despite the distance and persona 4 taught me a lot of japanese.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#8 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3658 Posts

When my grandfather passed away videogames were there when he was in the hospital. I was never close to him but took my mind off his death as he was second grandfather.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 GNS
Member since 2015 • 923 Posts

Well, they did make learning English when I was a child easier (along with Cartoon Network), but, other than that... help in any meaningful way. I'm going to say that's a no.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8782 Posts
Loading Video...

Word Munchers and Number Munchers in school.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

Playing Bloodborne taught me patience and to challenge myself so I attempted a BL4, it went rather well and gave me the confidence to then try DS3 as well, but I haven;t played them for a while downloaded the Old Hunters DLC, but need to allocate the place and time to play it.

• Games tied with making videos on them improved my skill to be able to commentate over them and share tips and why I love games, and of course simple video editing skills which I then transferred over to the work place because my boss now asks me to make how to videos on processes there.
  • Videogames increased my critical thinking and knowledge, general logic and greater attention to detail
  • And they helped me to determine what kind of gaming I like and what I don't
  • Made friends
  • Video games help me escape, gaming is my thing to do alone primarily and I haven't lost my interest in it yet
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

DK Junior math.

Also I think video games can help with depression.