Is Disney Dreamlight Valley a hit or a flop?

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1074 Posts

Why is Disney announcing a partnership with Epic just as they released Dreamlight Valley on December 3, 2023?

They want to create a connected universe with Epic, but that seems to be exactly what Dreamlight Valley is already. It already has the in-game purchases and content updates that service games usually get.

What more do they want to do with Epic? Is it going to be a different product, or is it going to eventually suffocate Dreamlight Valley?

Maybe the Epic deal will be for more mature properties owned by Disney such as Simpsons, Family Guy, Marvel, etc?

I don't care much about service games but I wonder what the point of this one is.

everett4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By everett4
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

It was very much worth it for me. I have never been in to video games AT ALL. and now I am obsessed with this one haha I earn plenty of moonstones for free for anything I've been interested in. But even without looking at the premium stuff, I have more than I can handle already for decorations n stuff that didn't require moonstones.. https://1921681254.mx/

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11672 Posts

What's the point in the game? money. During COVID Animal Crossing: New Horizons was extremely successful. Disney wanted some of the pie.

It's a semi-competent Animal Crossing clone with a different business model. AC on Switch has the base game, an expansion and countless free add-ons. Dreamlight is F2P with a store that if purchased everything currently would cost twice the price of AC and its expansion, with maybe 1/10th the content AC offers.

At anyrate Disney Dreamlight Valley doesn't compare to the real deal that is Animal Crossing; just as From Software Soul clones or Monster Hunter clones do not compare to the real deal.

Yet, considering majority who play Dreamlight are on other platforms outside the Nintendo Switch, it's an experience they've never quite had. For those who like that game and everyone else? Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the winning option and would recommend it over the lesser clone anyday_

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26103 Posts

I’ve seen friends play this game for a good year now, seems to have been a good success.