RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Monster Hunter: Wilds aka Monster Hunter 6 (not World 2 kiddos) isn't coming out anytime soon so it doesn't clash with Capcoms other massive ARPG Dragon's Dogma 2_

Personally I'm fine with this even as a huge MH fanboi, let it cook (offer as many monsters, armor, maps, Hubs, and weapons upon release as possible)

Dragon's Dogma 2 will also benefit for not being fed to Capcoms biggest franchise; MH.

Since Generation 3 upon release it should be no surprise to veterns MH supports a full-years-worth of free content after release and a G/ Master-Rank expansion after; along with another years worth of free content with the expansion (that's two years of free content)

Wilds is being worked on by the same team behind World and Iceborne. Know dam well I'll sink at least 3,000 hours into the game, and yes I have a problem enjoying this series too much.

Wilds was also confirmed not to be openworld by legendary series producer Tsujimoto Ryozo san. The landscape certainly more dense and focused on environmental influence. Something they wanted to achieve in World.

So did the weather effects or scope of the new game catch any interest, like the new mount or miss your Palamute doggos from Rise?

Feel free to share your thoughts and discuss below.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

I'm not the biggest fan of Monster Hunter myself but I did find enjoyment in Monster Hunter World, whenever Monster Hunter: Wilds releases, I'll be ready to read reviews and purchase.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RSM-HQ

@davillain: How much World did you play? recall the last monster you hunted.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

I'm hyped for it. Scale looks cool, mount looks nice. Can both run and fly, it seems.

Really want to see more. I hope there's climbing and stuff like in Rise, and that the pace is more like Rise than World. Tried playing World recently and just wish I played Rise instead since it felt so slow.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Litchie: I doubt it'll play like Rise, which was developed by the Portable team (prior games consist of XX/ & Portable 3rd). Rise/ Sunbreak being the teams 5th generation MH game.

World/ Iceborne is by the team that did 4G & Tri.

Wilds will most certainly play closer to what fans dub 'traditional MH games'. Which does involve it being slower. More focused on Monster Hunters ecosystem, species living quirks/ patterns, and overcoming intense threats. With a follow-up game & expansion a few years later being the portable teams successor to Rise/ Sunbreak, which will focus more on fast-paced combat and the teams continued trend on hunting styles & momentum.

Rise went for a more fast-paced frantic experience. Which honestly I didn't hate but the monsters A.I. clearly couldn't adapt to the players wire-bug tools and made the game stupid easy. By the time of Sunbreak we had so many OP tools the game was childs-play. Zero challenge.

It's not all that far off from those that prefer XX to 4G. You'd fall more on the Portable fans side. Which go for more of an over the top arcade'y experience. Closer to a Devil May Cry/ Bayonetta gameplay loop. I love those games very much but don't like that really in my MH experience personally.

Neither are bad or wrong but both teams have different gameplay philosophies. I prefer the traditional Monster Hunter experience myself as struggle to find anything fun with Rise & Sunbreaks endgame when you're too overpowered for the monsters to deal with. & I honestly didn't like XX at all.

Can respect that both MH teams have a different spin on the franchise though.