Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3108 Posts
  • Will be the same physical size and form factor as the current PS5 Slim
  • Will retain the removable 4K drive from the current PS5 Slim
  • Two SKUs, one with a 4K drive and the other without
  • 1440p120 will be the performance baseline
  • Very few current PS5 games will be patched to benefit from the extra horsepower (will rely more on upscaling)
  • No upgrade to internal SSD, will be the same 1GB from the factory
  • Will retain the NVME drive slot
  • Three USB-C inputs with only one USB-A input on the back
  • System RAM doubled to 32GB
  • No support for Dolby Vision
  • No change to DualSense
  • Release in Q125 (around March)
  • Sony will retain the current PS5 Slim as the cheaper version with no price cut
  • PS5 Pro will have black or silver plates to differentiate from the regular PS5
  • PS5 Pro will cost $600 for the disk console, $550 for the digital console (rumor is that Sony greatly regrets launching the PS5 for only $500, they believe they should have charged more, they did not learn their lesson from overpricing the PSVR2 and the PS3 so they will try for more cash with the Pro)
Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 691 Posts

So your release date is this month?

Of a product that has not been announced?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3108 Posts

@nirgal: I meant Q125. I edited the post.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 691 Posts

I don't think there will be a PS5 pro, but If it did exist, I would not disagree with your predictions (except price, I think it will be 550 for the one with the driver, and 500 for the all digital one).

I also think they will go with the last time approach of double gpu power, same cpu and also add a bespoke ai resolution scaler.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15932 Posts

$550 for the digital version is a steal if we get 2x performance and I hope they priced it at that. Though I personally think they will sell the PS5 Pro digital at $600 and if you want physical disks you can purchase the disk player addon.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7239 Posts

From the specs it will probably be set around £599 can't see it being any lower.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11672 Posts

Predict PS5 Pro

*Did anyone actually give a **** about the PS4 Pro?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17826 Posts

Sony have been making remarks that they can't really get the price of the BOM of the current PS5 down. Inflation is nasty. So I have to wonder what they can realistically put in a box that could potentially cost just 100 bucks more.

Specs wise, using the PS4 pro as a template, suspect a slightly faster clocked Zen 2 CPU, a 6800XT with maybe a slightly higher clock and 20GB of ram.

However the newer process nodes are expensive and such a system would take up a fairly sizeable die space.

So my bolder predictions: It's going to release along side GTA6 for 700 bucks. They may do a deal with R* to have an SKU with GTA6 as a pack in for 750 bucks. Maybe a discless version for 650.

I'll also add that pro consoles are just pointless e-waste. Neither sony nor MS should be even thinking about releasing a new console until we get a a point that they can cram a GPU that can do full path tracing at 4K at 60FPS without framegen for 500 bucks.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1074 Posts

More interesting than what hardware is inside would be what it would do for games, and how developers would take advantage of it. Hopefully there will be some interesting use for it. Maybe Alan Wake 2 could take advantage of it, but I wonder what other games will be built to make the most of such an upgrade.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38980 Posts

It'll be just like the PS4Pro. A pathetic upgrade, but this time around with 120fps/4K and 60fps/8K stickers on the box to attract the clueless. Price will be $599.99.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#11 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2954 Posts

All you need to know is that it will be a flopus maximus.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56155 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

Predict PS5 Pro

I don't know about that. I do know few gamers gave a damn about the Xbox One X though.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9406 Posts

Is the PS5 running into memory limits for 4K textures? I don't see a great reason for Sony to increase the RAM that much and consoles are all about minimizing cost.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1074 Posts

@pyro1245: Maybe ray tracing, higher quality shadows

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9563 Posts

Oct to Nov this year makes the most sense to me. Will be marketed as the go to system to play GTA 6. SONY is waiting to release a few 1st party games until after the release in order to hype up the new console with perks that only it can give you, including better framerates, faster loading, longer draw distances, and built in frame buffering. I say there will be two options a 1tb discless version for 500 and a 2tb disc version for 600 to 649. Both will offer internal storage options, premium controllers with longer battery life, improved haptics, and removable faceplates.

I'm also guessing we will hear more about a couple of the live service games and another big unexpected announcement or two to make it a little more appealing to those on the fence. One can dream, but how about a SOCOM announcement. With a release date within a few months of the release.

Ok ok.. the more I go on with this the more I notice I'm not making a guess, I'm describing what I want to see and hear.. either way, make it happen. lol

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#16 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

I hope they hire more studios to make more PS5 exclusives and lower the price instead of having no games.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4374 Posts

and its still a no to t his day

@RSM-HQ said:

Predict PS5 Pro