#1  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

Top 10 best-selling games of 2023 so far:

1. Hogwarts Legacy

2. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

3. Madden NFL 24

4. Marvel's Spider-Man 2

5. Diablo IV

6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (2022)

7. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

8. Mortal Kombat 1

9. Starfield

10. Resident Evil 4 Remake

Interesting, no Bladurs Gate 3 or Alan Wake 2 in top 10 despite being cross platforms.

Source: https://www.gameinformer.com/news/2023/11/15/marvels-spider-man-2-was-the-best-selling-game-in-the-us-last-month-ps5-remained

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9831 Posts

Interesting. Balders Gate won all the awards, but was nowhere near as popular as people thought…..meanwhile the most popular game wasn’t even nominated for an award?

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 GNS
Member since 2015 • 923 Posts

Not really surprising, for all of its quality, BG3 is really a niche game that for the most part, is kinda hard to get to grips with.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

@sealionact: Well the link leaves a lot to be desired and it's hyperlinks are Twitter feeds, lol very informative GameInformer.

Baldur's Gate III has currently sold over 22 Million copies. And while I won't argue that other games have probably sold more, BG3 has already sold way more than Larian Studios prior game Divinity Original Sin:II. Which in its lifetime has only sold little over 2 Million copies.

Also worth noting that 22 Million also means BG3 has factually sold more than some of the mentioned games on that list. Mortal Kombat 1 for example just went past 3 million. & Resident Evil 4 R is over 5 Million so why is it below MK1 for sales from the entire year?

List is full of shit.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9831 Posts

@RSM-HQ: If that list is full of shit, then the source you provided is a shit container filled with shit.

I was surprised it didn’t make the chart at all but 22 million? Please.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DanishAnwar

LoL 22 million! Gamefaq that you cited is not a good source. It is full of rumors. I deleted my account from there and blacklisted the site as users were spreading lies and mods were supporting them. When I pointed to them about the fallacy of BG3 as an overhyped niche game, they deleted my posts.

Game Informer posts that I had cited above are well researched. The article cited Circana that is one of the most authentic marketing research firm based in Chicago, Illinois.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ

@danishanwar: @sealionact: Your notion is ignorant. Anyone who understands numbers can look at that list and realise how wrong it is.

Now if this is US only sales, or even physical only? fair. that is not what the article or your post entails.

As noted why is Mortal Kombat 1 higher than Resident Evil 4 Remake? it has sold less (currently) by a few million.

If this is actual global sales, list is shit and has no solid sale listings to boot. Say what you will about GFAQ it has a better hyperlink displaying actual sales, Larian also celebrated selling over 20 million copies so it's within line. The Game Informer one goes to Twitter/X with no solid sale information.

And again, the order of yearly sales alone makes it known the list is false. I have no doubt Hogwarts has sold more than the others. Diablo IV being below Spiderman 2 already makes this list fall apart Diablo IV=13 Million, Spiderman 2=6 Million.

FriendBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

#8 FriendBear
Member since 2003 • 353 Posts

Lest us not forget though number of sales doesn't necessarily mean the game is good, take Diablo IV for example. It made a huge profit but as a Diablo game it is significantly lacking and a poor excuse for a Diablo game, then another hot take you have political manipulation artificially increasing game sales such as Hogwarts Legacy where the anti-woke crowd purchased the game just to make a political point, sure HL as a game is fine but look at the award nominations and its not even listed.

Lets talk about Zelda: TotK, as a Zelda game its basically BoTW 2.0 but more flawed but since its Zelda, the fanboys will buy it anyway, heck over the years I've championed the idea that Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon could be remastered for new generation consoles, and the Zelda fanboys would bust a nut over it and critics would rate it 100/100

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

That list is wrong. Is there a real one?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ

@FriendBear: It's true, sales does not equal quality. However when a list is this atrociously incorrect with people using it as a benchmark to dismiss good games (Baldur's Gate III) they check how reliable the sources is. When it backs up to a Twitter feed with no data, that's nothing. Hot air and made up rankings.

@Litchie said:

That list is wrong. Is there a real one?

Game Informer have been a bunch of clowns for years so unlikely. Game Spot covers more reliable news than they do (and that's saying something)

The two supporting this list and its reputation/quality should join a circus. Doesn't take a genius to know 13 million is higher than 6 million.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6985 Posts
@RSM-HQ said:

@danishanwar: @sealionact: Your notion is ignorant. Anyone who understands numbers can look at that list and realise how wrong it is.

Now if this is US only sales, or even physical only? fair. that is not what the article or your post entails.

As noted why is Mortal Kombat 1 higher than Resident Evil 4 Remake? it has sold less (currently) by a few million.

If this is actual global sales, list is shit and has no solid sale listings to boot. Say what you will about GFAQ it has a better hyperlink displaying actual sales, Larian also celebrated selling over 20 million copies so it's within line. The Game Informer one goes to Twitter/X with no solid sale information.

And again, the order of yearly sales alone makes it known the list is false. I have no doubt Hogwarts has sold more than the others. Diablo IV being below Spiderman 2 already makes this list fall apart Diablo IV=13 Million, Spiderman 2=6 Million.

Not sure how accurate the list is it may be NA only? But a large portion of BG3 sales came from the early access period which was two years ago.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

BG3 isn't listed in Circana, if it was they'd be a top 3-5 seller on the year. OP is clueless.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DanishAnwar

The last two posts makes sense. Thank you gentlemen.

I was just asking questions not starting a game war. The other posts made me feel like I was in a circus.

Franklin007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Franklin007
Member since 2023 • 4 Posts

Thanks for sharing the top-selling games of 2023! It's always fascinating to see what captures the gaming community's attention. While the list is impressive, I personally think that GTA RolePlay deserves an honorable mention. The role-playing community within GTA V has grown immensely, creating an engaging and dynamic experience for players.

It's interesting to note that despite the popularity of cross-platform games like Baldur's Gate 2 and Alan Wake 2, they didn't make it into the top 10. The gaming landscape is so diverse, and different titles resonate with various audiences.

Speaking of GTA RolePlay, I encountered the need for dollars in the game. Does anyone know where I can buy them safely?

Penley51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Penley51
Member since 2023 • 3 Posts

I completely agree with you about GTA RolePlay—it's fascinating how the role-playing community within GTA V has flourished, offering players a unique and immersive experience. It's a testament to the versatility of the game and the creativity of its player base.

As for your question about needing dollars in the game, I've actually come across a website where you can safely acquire them. I've seen positive feedback about this site, and it seems to be a reliable source. Check out https://vs-rp.com/