dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16010 Posts

When you play video games, do you sit on a couch, a bed or a chair?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14809 Posts

Herman Miller gaming chair. Use it for everything, tv, console, pc, office work.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1074 Posts

A couch or recliner or a chair or a bed. There's different gaming spots in the house.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7239 Posts

Got an old armchair that was in the sitting room .

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 348 Posts

An antique wooden armchair as it's so comfy.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8778 Posts

I used to sit on a gaming chair, but now it's at the point where I can't bear it. Instead I use a recliner.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3640 Posts

Got a GTRACING Footrest Series GT800A gamingchair with neck pillow and back pillow and it's amazing. Played for two hours and didn't feel any backache like my regular wooden chair. Got a second one for my computer room since I hate sitting on a regular chair.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9562 Posts

I sit on my couch with my foot rest out, although I don't always use my footrest since it's the home of my lap board, keyboard, mouse, and Elite controller for my Ally.

Sitting at a desk in a chair sounds awful, so I'll be happy, lazy, and chill on my couch and still hammer people online with their PC, 27 inch 144fps monitors, and gaming chairs, all while playing on an 85 inch tv... lol.

(Note: I'm not actually being cocky, I know I'd probably play a little better if I changed it up, but I'd rather just have fun and be comfortable)

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 285 Posts

The bed ,couch, office chair that's in the hallway,patio bench ...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58349 Posts

A got a good deal on a DX Racer. I didn't get it because it was necessarily a gaming chair, but I need something that could support my size at the time and they were one of the few companies making a chair that could support someone as big as I was.

Anyway, sitting on that right now. It's really not that comfortable anymore now that I have less padding in my ass from losing weight, thinking of getting something that's a bit more contoured or softer.

@DEVILinIRON said:

I used to sit on a gaming chair, but now it's at the point where I can't bear it. Instead I use a recliner.

Thinking of doing something like this as well.

How do you deal with the lack of mobility in a recliner? I Would be gaming on PC and sitting at a desk with mouse and keyboard, so it's different from a controller setup (I'm assuming since you had an office chair initially you were on PC?).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58349 Posts
@WitIsWisdom said:

I sit on my couch with my foot rest out, although I don't always use my footrest since it's the home of my lap board, keyboard, mouse, and Elite controller for my Ally.

Sitting at a desk in a chair sounds awful, so I'll be happy, lazy, and chill on my couch and still hammer people online with their PC, 27 inch 144fps monitors, and gaming chairs, all while playing on an 85 inch tv... lol.

(Note: I'm not actually being cocky, I know I'd probably play a little better if I changed it up, but I'd rather just have fun and be comfortable)

What do you use for your lapboard? Sitting on the couch sounds nicer by the day, but I need my PC and M+KB

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34629 Posts

Comfy office chair when PC gaming, sofa or beanbag when console gaming.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8778 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@DEVILinIRON said:

Thinking of doing something like this as well.

How do you deal with the lack of mobility in a recliner? I Would be gaming on PC and sitting at a desk with mouse and keyboard, so it's different from a controller setup (I'm assuming since you had an office chair initially you were on PC?).

I use a tray table for my keyboard and mouse. As far as mobility, I paid extra to have my recliner swivel. However, I've found myself in the portable realm (Switch, Vita), most often these days. So I haven't been playing my PC as much. When I do play on my PC, I'm usually leaning forward on the edge of my seat.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9562 Posts

@mrbojangles25: My lapboard is from Amazon, it's an extra large one since I thought I'd need the extra space, and I was right, I love it. My tablet lies on it's side in the slot at the top right so I can watch a game like the Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks, poker, youtube, or a movie, and my phone goes in the slot on the left so I can make sure I don't miss a text or call. I also put my LED light tower remote in the slot on the top right beside my tablet if the mood hits me to change the ambiance.

The wrist rest keeps everything in place and allows you to sit or lay in whatever funky position you want without everything just sliding off the tray.

Edit - the link wasn't working, so look up "Extra Large Lap Laptop Desk - Full PU Material Mouse Pad Gaming Tray" on amazon.com. it should be around 45 to 50 bucks I think.

On the board I use a Steel Series Apex Pro TKL Wireless keyboard.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-pro-tkl-wireless-2023

I went with that because it's the closest thing I could find to the practicality and usefulness of a controller. It has pressure sensitive keys and 2 keystroke programmable commands. Which allows you to not always be running like a normal keyboard and effectively works like you're using an analog stick for the speed you want to move. It might be a little overkill but I absolutely love it for all of its useful features, smaller form factor without the 10 key on the right side fits the board perfectly with enough space for everything else, and the fact it lasts like 40 hours on a full charge even with custom light RGB patterns, and it came with a long braided cord that reaches my couch so I don't have to stop using it if it needs to charge.

For the mouse I went with the Steel Series Aerox 9 Wireless.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/aerox-9-wireless

It's super light weight, durable, a charge lasts forever, it syncs perfectly to the light patterns with the paired SS keyboard and my ROG Ally, has 12 buttons on the left side that don't get in the way, and has a multi purpose scroll wheel with left, right, center button presses and is fully programmable. On the plus side as well it also comes with an amazingly pliable cord that feels like there aren't even any wires in it (for when it needs charged).

I got that mouse because I wanted to play mmos, rpgs, and other games I could put shortcuts on for different menus and abilities and I haven't been dissapointed to say the least.

Something I got at a later date, and is pretty much a must have for any type of serious gaming is a nice mouse pad. If you get the official steel series pad it fits PERFECTLY between the top right slot and the bottom of the board edging up to the top of the wrist rest. That just happened to be a happy coincidence, but hey, sometimes things are just sweet occurrences.

Look up Steel Series mouse pad on Amazon, its less than $10 and is a must have. The fact it fits PERFECTLY on the board means that even if you don't use any of the other items (other than the board and pad) it will still be spot on.

The whole setup is so bad ass and features enough room to put my Xbox Elite series 2 controller on the top left and still have a bit of room. It fits perfectly on my lap and has padded cushions that help keep it in place so you can pretty much sit, lay back, or recline in any way you please and still be comfortable while being able to reach everything with ease.

At some point in time I'll likely upgrade to a stronger mini PC or gaming tower so I can disconnect my Ally and use it purely handheld, but for now it's perfect since I have a dock with dual cooling fans, and plenty of USB ports and 100 watt charging so I can keep the power on the highest setting without losing charge. If anyone decides to go that route you also need to get a 100 watt charging brick/cord since out of the box the Ally is set up for 60.. which just doesn't cut it to maximize its potential.

I know I went above and beyond what you asked for, but I'm proud of what I pieced together and it's really cool. I spent a LOT of time researching and it really paid big dividends with a killer setup that feels like it was meant to be.

Just remember whether you decide to use a handheld hybrid device, mini PC, or tower that wireless devices work the best so you're comfortable and don't have 100 cords strung out across your living room.. lol.

Edit - sorry for the fact you can't just click on the links... I wrote this on my tablet and I'm not sure how to do it.. never had a problem on my laptop.