robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2151 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7272 Posts

AC Mirage enjoying it so far going back to the AC roots. Graphically stunning in places.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#2152 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3659 Posts

Uncharted 4(Legacy of Thieves Collection)

I had this game since 2016 and never played it till now. Definitely fun though I am taking my time with the game and only on Chapter 6. Game looks beautiful on PS5 and I can't go back to the PS4 version.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2153  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

Playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Switch version at the moment.

The game may seem a bit of a chore at the start. But once you hang in there and get to level 17 with all the gears, the game really shines.

Beating down large beasts like the one eyed monster with pawns at your side and getting 4000+ XP is ultra satisfying. The graphics although old still looks good.

The key to a satisfying experience to this open world game is exploration. If you like linear gameplay, you will be frustrated with this game.

MirBlecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2154 MirBlecker
Member since 2023 • 5 Posts

I'm currently playing Minecraft, and I'm really enjoying it. Have you played it before, or do you have any game recommendations?

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2155 pillarrocks

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

I got the booster xp pack cause I am level 9 and missions at level 8 are difficult even on easy. I upgraded a few of my weapons though feel underpowered. Mainly exploring ancient Greece to level up my character and find all of the enemy locations and fast travel locations.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2156 pillarrocks

Angry Videogame Nerd I & II Deluxe

Beat Angry Videogame Nerd I last night. Definitely a good game though challenging. I started Angry Videogame Nerd II and it's better and I like world map being like Super Mario Brothers 3. Soundtrack is great and I like the upgrades that the Nerd has. The levels having a theme is great as the first game they just looked like homages to NES games.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2157 pillarrocks

Killzone Liberation

It's a fun game though controls are awkward given it's a PSP game. I used to have it on PSP years ago and it looks good on PS5. Probably finish it tonight even it's short.

alijos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2158 alijos
Member since 2023 • 11 Posts

I'm currently playing mostly Minecraft. Also, I've recently discovered Mahjong online. It turned out to be interesting.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2159 pillarrocks

Dead Space Remake(PS5)

Played it last night and the adaptive triggers definitely make it better than the Series S version. Can't wait to play this tonight again and explore the world of Dead Space.

Sonic Frontiers(PS5)

I have mixed feelings about Frontiers, the world is huge and love how you explore it to open up areas with keys that enemies have. Sonic having a leveling system is interesting for speed. I do like the Titans as they are huge and the towers are cool as well. Just the world feels empty as you only have few enemies to destroy compared to Sonic Colors Ultimate. $23 for Frontiers isn't bad though I am hoping the game gets better.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2160 pillarrocks

Sonic Frontiers

Upgraded Sonic's abilities and leveled him up a bit in speed and ring capabilities. I find it weird you can't have both speed and ring capabilities so it's either one or the other. I like how Roger Craig Smith lowered his voice for Sonic. Gives Sonic a more mature tone compared to Sonic Colors and Forces.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2161 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8783 Posts

Baldur's Gate 3 is starting to suck me in.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2162  Edited By GNS
Member since 2015 • 923 Posts

On weekends, been playing Mass Effect 1. >5 hrs. in... hmm... you know what? The combat, even with Legendary Edition upgrades, did not age well... it feels... not fluid? For the lack of better word. Also, did they nerf difficulty? Because I'm playing on veteran and... it's a piece of cake...

gamingking123i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2163 gamingking123i
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

I'm currently playing Free Fire battleground, but I personally prefer its updated version, Free Fire Advance Server, to play every day. I have downloaded it from https://freefireadvance.net, and it's working fine. The thing I like about Free Fire Advance Server is its battleground, features, rewards, and many other things.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2164 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8783 Posts

Control

BG3

FFX Remastered

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2165 pillarrocks

Sonic Frontiers

I leveled up Sonic to 20 and unlocked a few more of his abilities. Cyber levels are a great throwback to Generations though find getting the S rank impossible for 2D stages. Probably save those for later when Sonic is a higher level.

timemasheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2166 timemasheen
Member since 2015 • 489 Posts

Dark Souls 2. It's my first play through and I didn't try it before because I read how everyone said it's the worst in the series and it sucks...but I actually enjoy it a lot!

I wish I tried it sooner.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2167 GNS

Played Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition), ~ 10 hrs in, just recruited Liara.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2168 pillarrocks

LA Noire Remastered(PS4)

It's been years since I played this and replaying it on PS5, the game holds up still with the graphics and facial technology and voice acting. Can't wait to finish it tonight.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2169 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2478 Posts

Elden Ring

I have no idea what's going on.

Pretty, but looks washed out. Like a modern Roger Deakins movie, whose work I don't care much for. (I have never seen fire so dim as in 1917.)

If I can't read the item description when I pick it up, I probably won't bother. Figure it out, From!

Wouldn't Souls multiplayer make more sense in a science fiction setting, where the adventure is played in an infinite number of parallel universes, with some technobabble reason for them intersecting?

Parry is dumb. Have played every Souls game except the Demon's Souls remake, and parry has always been dumb.

Camera rotation speed is weird. Slow if you hold the stick even slightly the wrong way.

Ocarina of Time got lock-on right over twenty years before FromSoftware continues to get it wrong. By assigning it to the back button or left bumper/trigger instead of R3, you can strafe and run backwards even when there is no target. Let the player decide if the camera moves behind the character when it's pressed and there is no target and let them switch targets with a second stick as is common now and it's perfect. Only reason FromSoftware does it the way they do is because controllers never evolved with the shift to orbital cameras and heavy use of aiming. You can't easily use the face buttons anymore because every game now uses the right stick so much. But pressing L1 or L2 to target was common back then. Metal Gear Solid 3 did this too, since it originally came out with only the "fixed" camera. Snake can strafe and run backwards just like Link when there is no target. FromSoftware could try opening up the field of view more for a proper L1 targeting system with attacks on the face buttons. That or allow the player to strafe and move backwards by holding the parry/block button. That might seem redundant with R3 already locking on, but how often are you people really turning left and right with the shield up? Do you really need to? Imagine skeleton archers shooting at you from across a chasm and then running sideways along your path while keeping your shield up, still able to see where you are running, the camera still free. Not targeting them, but just defending yourself as you strafe with L1. Would prefer Zelda's system, though, since it also allows for different attacks including thrusts depending on how you hold the stick and holding feels more natural than toggling.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2170 GNS

My quote from reddit:

Been playing Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition). If my memory serves me, two or three main missions left until the end (cause now last stop is Virmire, then should be Ilos, and then Citadel). Might finish it this week.

Um, the game shows its age, not going to lie - your issued commands basically mean zilch, because your squadmates just follow you anyways and most of the time get in front of you (or, as I see, they get stuck in Feros tunnels and you have to reload the game (just like in the original version; wow, they did not even patch that out, because I strictly remember that thing from decades ago)); the enemy AI sometimes is laughable - like, for instance, on Feros, those Thorian controlled zombies were running around in circles while I kept shooting at them; the gameplay is just playing peekabo from around the corner; and, oh yeah, Liara's voice actress, damn I never actually noticed before, but she's kinda monotone, isn't she? Every sentence delivered as if falling asleep.

Other than that, it's actually still kinda pretty fun to play it.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2171 pillarrocks

Sonic Origins Plus

Playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles and made it to Carnival Night Zone. The new soundtrack definitely is terrible compared to the original soundtrack. I hope Ice Cap Zone and Launch Base Zone aren't worse sounding. Sonic 3 is still fun though challenging as Carnival Night Zone is my least favorite zone.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2172 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4261 Posts

@pillarrocks: quick question. Do you know if sonic triple double and sonic 3 & knuckles are related in that they are practically the same game?? I tried googling it and I can’t find the answer.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2173 pillarrocks

@outworld222:

Sonic Triple Trouble is a sequel to Sonic Chaos.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2174  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4261 Posts

@pillarrocks: ooooh….got it. It has nothing to do with knuckles. Strictly a handheld sequel. Ok. Thank you.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2175 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7272 Posts

Like a dragon ishin story getting interesting really enjoying the yazuka combat with weapons.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2176  Edited By Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

Nobody Saves the world. Interesting RPG.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2178 pillarrocks

Sonic Origins Plus

Playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles and having trouble with Launch Base Zone. It's been years since I played Sonic 3 and facing Dr. Robotnik in Act 3 is difficult. Gonna give it another try tonight.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2180 pillarrocks

Quake Remastered(PS4)

I never played Quake before so decided to try it out last night. It's honestly amazing how fast paced this game is compared to Doom. Beat a few of the levels and I am having a blast with this game and I am only playing on easy difficulty.

Turok The Dinosaur Hunter Remastered(PS4)

Never played the original Turok on N64, the remastered version looks amazing and like the updated control with using the right analog stick for turning around. Plan on finishing it tonight before I start Turok 2 Seeds of Evil.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2181 pillarrocks

Retromania Wrestling

Played it last night the story mode and was surprised how good it was. Roster is small though with Stevie Richards, Blue Meanie, Nick Aldi's, Colt Cabana, Super Nova, Johnny Mundo(John Morrison), Nikita, Road Warriors, Zack Sabre Jr the game reminds me of WWF Royal Rumble for Sega Genesis/SNES. You have a grapple system and a punch, kick, and drop kick and run. The 10 Pounds of Gold is really great like a tower mode where you fight random people to get a show at the World title. Then you have to defend that title again against the former world champion in a second tower mode.

yoporahh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2182 yoporahh2
Member since 2023 • 5 Posts

@timemasheen: Make sure to go through the DLC areas. The level design and some (not all) of the bosses are pretty good. Shulva Sanctum City is a highlight.

timemasheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2183 timemasheen
Member since 2015 • 489 Posts

@yoporahh2: Of course. I'm in Shulva right now! I'll complete all the dlcs for sure.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2184  Edited By pillarrocks

WWE 2K23

Tried the MyFaction mode and it's actually fun doing the matches. Only thing I hate is your limited five wrestlers for both men and women though I have Drew McIntyre who is the best. Pretty easy to complete the challenges for the matches. Plan on finishing the mode as it only has 8 weeks. I just hope you don't need to buy any of the cards with real money. I never done MyFactionmode before in 2K22 so don't know how it works. I know you can timed challenges to unlock superstar cards for MyFaction

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2185 GNS

Been playing Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order, and I remembered now why I gave up on it a couple of years ago - the level design is really not user friendly and getting back to the ship combined with no fast travel option is the most frustrating I've ever encountered.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2186 pillarrocks

Uncharted 4

I honestly don't know why I never played this back in 2016. The PS5 version is obviously good and I enjoying the story and the dialogue between Nathan, Sam and Sully is hilarious. I almost don't want the game to end though am close to beating it. Really challenging at times though I somehow manage especially the gunfights with multiple enemies.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2187  Edited By pillarrocks

Uncharted 4 Legacy of Thieves Edition

I was on Chapter 11 last night and came into this glitch/bug where Nathan Drake jumped from a jeep with the grappling hook. Nathan was on the ground trying to climb the rope and his body literally starts going all of the place like he's having a seizure. Had to die a few times before getting through that level as I was unable to climb the rope. Luckily I was able to get to a check point where I was on a truck and able to reach Sam.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2188 GNS

Alan Wake II (PC). At first, after taking control of that fat Josh Whedon looking naked MOFO, thought that it would be interesting, and it was... until Alan Wake showed up and you had to control him. Let me tell you, the devs that thought up those puzzles in the Dark Place (and I'm not talking about the light stealing and transferring mechanics), can go to hell.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2189 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

Doing a third playthrough of Donkey Kong Land trying to master it to a point where I can play it damageless

snazzymoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2190 snazzymoon
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#2191 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6104 Posts

Resident Evil 2 Remake on Gamepass.

Halo Infinite multiplayer. Hopefully Capcom releases RE3R on Gamepass as well.

Riofox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2192 Riofox
Member since 2024 • 4 Posts

@fanboymctroll: @tryit: Fortnite of course! The main reason here https://shrinkme.us/bVNMkqx

Riofox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2193  Edited By Riofox

@timberfams: @fanboymctroll: @tryit: Fortnite of course! The main reason here https://shrinkme.us/bVNMkqx

Riofox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2194 Riofox

@fanboymctroll: Fortnite of course! The main reason here https://shrinkme.us/bVNMkqx

Riofox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2195 Riofox

@fanboymctroll: Fortnite of course! The main reason here https://shrinkme.us/bVNMkqx

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2196 pillarrocks

Catquest 2

Finally beat the final boss after getting my character to level 103. Now I need to finish the side quests and collect the rest of the trophies. Can't wait for Catquest 3 to come out.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2197 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

Just started playing Bomberman Hero this morning ,I'm on the first planet .... so it hasn't been infuriating yet ... not bad for my 1st transition in 3d in while

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2198 Warm_Gun

Started playing The Last Guardian again after three years. Because I never turn the PS4 on, I needed an update and was not connected to the network. The controller that I purchased as a replacement for the dead zone on the original not long after getting the console has such a terrible dead zone that the boy could not run towards the camera, but only walk, forcing me to use the original controller whose dead zone is not so bad. Meanwhile, my PC controller is still perfectly fine after a year. Ended up playing until the battery life on the controller was almost out, maybe ninety minutes.

I know it will get tiresome like the first playthrough in parts, but I'm impressed for now, even with it running so poorly. Impressed on a technical level and also by the world and lack of handholding. Sometimes the narrator will hint at what to do, but it's not even close to the on-rails/corridor design that's standard now. Also nice to play a modern Sony game without upgrades, skill trees, inventories and all that shit. But I know this is only because it was greenlit before they started being so boring (delayed for so long that many thought it was cancelled).

"Puzzles" are alright. Ico's were better. Quoted the word puzzles because most so far haven't really felt like puzzles, but rather just exploring for the one way forward. I have forgotten almost all of it, but still of course remember how mechanics/items work and how the creature behaves, since you repeat the actions over and over through the adventure.

What bothers me more than the performance is the camera speed. One of those games where pushing the stick slightly makes the cam move slowly and pushing it far makes it move much faster, with no degrees in between. The foot movement is like that too. He walks very slowly and runs, with no degrees in between. If they ported this to PC, a keyboard (with mouse helping to control orientation) would perform almost as well as a controller, because of how the range of the analog stick is wasted.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2199 Warm_Gun

I beat Streets of Rage 2 for the first time. Used both continues. Yeah, I know. Played as Axel. My favorite Mega Drive game so far.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2200 pillarrocks

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cowabunga Collection

Finally got the platinum trophy after beating Tournament Fighters on SNES. Story mode was pretty challenging though I had to change to Leonardo as Donatello was getting his butt kicked. Karai was challenging in the second round which surprised me.