What is the main video game streaming platform that you guys choose to stream or to watch? and what is the reason?

feeelingg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 feeelingg
Member since 2023 • 12 Posts

I know that most people choose Twitch but what is the reason behind it? or are you guys also streaming and watching from other platforms as well? like cross-platform to multi-homing

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

I watch Twitch sometimes. Don't know of any other platforms, which is why I go there. Would I know of other platforms, I doubt I'd go there, since Twitch is the biggest one. Easy to find what you're looking for.

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

I go wherever the wind and my whims go. Twitch, Youtube... I've tried Kick, but it seems a bit meh. Needs more people actually gaming on it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

Only really watch like one or two streamers and they’re on Twitch so that’s where I go.

feeelingg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By feeelingg

@Archangel3371: What of your favorite streamers move to other platforms? Will you go with them?

feeelingg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 feeelingg

@YukoAsho: So your main incentive is not the streamer, but the platform itself? or the game?

feeelingg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 feeelingg

@Litchie: So you mainly look for the content you want to watch not a specific streamer, right?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371

@feeelingg: Yeah, most likely.

feeelingg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 feeelingg

@Archangel3371: but what if there is a switching cost between platforms, are you still going? or you think it's better to find new favorite streamer in the same platform?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371

@feeelingg: I’m just a viewer so no cost to me.

feeelingg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 feeelingg

@Archangel3371: I know, it's just a what-if scenario like if there is a cost for viewers, will the decision change?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371

@feeelingg: Doubt they put a fee on all viewers. If they did that then I’d question whether I’d watch anything on it then.

feeelingg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 feeelingg

@Archangel3371: Can I ask you one more question? Do you think friends have anything to do with your decision in choosing the streamer or the platform?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

None.

I don't understand this trend of watching people playing games instead of actually playing games.

Maybe I'm just old.

I might watch a consolidated clip of a game's plot and story, or a video strategy guide, but that's about it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Archangel3371

@feeelingg: For me not really. While I do check out recommendations from friends I kind of watch what I like instead of watching just because a friend likes it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Archangel3371

@mrbojangles25: I don’t just watch simply to see someone playing a game myself. They have to be entertaining, converse frequently with the viewers, have interesting things to discuss both about the game or outside the game. I also enjoy seeing their reactions to moments in a game that I’ve already seen and hearing their thoughts on the game or gaming in general. For me it’s more a community kind of thing that people are enjoying and experiencing together.

feeelingg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 feeelingg

@Archangel3371: Aha, got it. Btw do you do subscribing or like donating?

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 YukoAsho

@feeelingg: Naw, just that in the few times I'm looking for gaming content that I'm not playing, I look around. There's good stuff wherever if you look hard enough.

feeelingg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 feeelingg

@YukoAsho: After experiencing all the platforms (Twitch, YouTube Gaming, Facebook Gaming, Kick, etc.), what is your opinion on each one? What attracts you the most on each platform? maybe like pros and cons

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archangel3371

@feeelingg: I haven’t subscribed or donated but I’m not necessarily opposed to it and may do one or the other in the future.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

@feeelingg said:

@Litchie: So you mainly look for the content you want to watch not a specific streamer, right?

Yup.

@mrbojangles25 said:

I don't understand this trend of watching people playing games instead of actually playing games.

Watching Twitch beats trailers if you're interested in a game. Or if it's a highly competitive game, you can get the excitement without the commitment.

Same as watching sports, really.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3453 Posts

I don't get the point of watching other people playing games, and worse even, talking over said game. I just use YouTube to check some gameplay if I'm curious about it.

That being said, if it's some big competition like Evo or GT finals I might watch a bit on YouTube.

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 YukoAsho

@feeelingg said:

@YukoAsho: After experiencing all the platforms (Twitch, YouTube Gaming, Facebook Gaming, Kick, etc.), what is your opinion on each one? What attracts you the most on each platform? maybe like pros and cons

Honestly? Not much, as I'm not really interacting. Video quality's good enough on most, though Twitch's ads are by far more annoying than anyone else. Other than that, one spot's as good as any other. YouTube can be a bit of a pain to find live content if you're not already subbed, though. They're still very much focused on VOD.

@kathaariancode said:

I don't get the point of watching other people playing games, and worse even, talking over said game. I just use YouTube to check some gameplay if I'm curious about it.

That being said, if it's some big competition like Evo or GT finals I might watch a bit on YouTube.

There's plenty of reason to watch someone. Fun personalities can really make a broadcast, especially when playing something social like Mario Party or Cards Against Humanity. You also have people who can talk about a game's history in an amusing way, or people who can do crazy ass tricks or the like. Obviously you mentioned competition, but that's not limited to VS games. I love watching people race randomizer seeds for games like Megaman 2, Dragon Warrior and Zelda.

There's plenty of reason to watch someone playing a game.