tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tpz4sheezy
Member since 2017 • 80 Posts

Before you guys recommend a game or two for me to play let me explain what types of games I’m playing and what types of games I prefer. I am currently playing Jedi survivor (it’s the only souls type game I’ve ever really gotten into , the others I never really tried more than an hr or two. and I’m About to beat it.

A few weeks ago I beat Zelda totk and I’m still going through gaming withdrawal from that game. It’s one of the few games that I regret beating because it was that freaking good. Now every game I play feels super shallow and linear. Like if I come up on a cliff in Jedi survivor I expect to be able to climb it or build something to allow me to traverse it but nope, like most games my guy can jump twenty feet but he can’t jump over a 2 foot tall rock lol.

I enjoy western rpgs. Some of my fav games of the last few years were the Witcher 3, all of the mass effect games , all the Bethesda games, prey, divinity 2 original sin, Rdr2, the resident evil games and remakes and last but far from least Zelda totk and I’ve been enjoying Jedi survivor.

I want a somewhat newer game if possible and here are the ones I’m thinking of mostly.

Elden ring , bloodbourne, far cry 6 , dead space remake and the new final fantasy game. I also have gamepass and PlayStation premium or whatever its version of game pass is. Oh yah another game that I was thinking of playing was that one zombie game where you are a biker on ps4?c get It got horrible reviews but I’ve heard alot of people say it’s a really good game. Also how do the uncharted games and the last of us games look and play on ps5? I haven’t been played those either.

The only reason I haven’t decided on elden ring outright is because I’m kind of burned out on the whole mid evil fantasy setting having put 100s hours into Zelda even though I know they are totally diff games and I also am currently playing a souls like game (Jedi survivor ) and I’m afraid I will get burned out on that type of game. Plus I keep getting paralysis from analysis when starting games like this because I want to make a perfect character and can’t come to decide what stats and skills I want points in lol.

I hear bloodbourn is amazing but the same worries that apply to elden ring apply to that as well.

Oh another one is the new dead island game. I enjoyed the first one quite alot so if you guys have played that and recommend it let me know. I know it’s mindless fun but it’s the keyword is fun. Well at least the first one was fun. Btw I already beat and played dying light 2.

So of those games I listed which do you think I should buy and why? Thank you so much everyone.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

if you liked Jedi Survivor I'd recommend Rise of the Tomb Raider or Shadow of the Tomb Raider, they are very similar games.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7333 Posts

I'd say go with Dead Space. It started out as a System Shock sequel, and that was also the inspiration for Prey. It will be a nice break from midevil fantasy, and Soulslike gameplay. Then once finished, you should be ready for Elden Ring, or Balder's Gate 3 if that's out by then.

tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tpz4sheezy

@R4gn4r0k: yah I already beat those games and really enjoyed them. Thanks for the advice though.

tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tpz4sheezy

@judaspete: you know that’s not a bad idea at all. I think I just may take your advice on that. Maybe I can get it for cheap or on sale.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9410 Posts

A bit of a palate cleanser before Elden Ring sounds like a reasonable path.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7333 Posts

@tpz4sheezy: Cool. The remake of DeadbSpace is supposed to be excellent, but if you want to save some money, I say go ahead and play the original. It holds up surprisingly well, even visually.

TOUCAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 TOUCAL
Member since 2023 • 7 Posts

Perhaps you should try some small games while playing famous titles.

Franklin007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Franklin007
Member since 2023 • 4 Posts

Hey there! It sounds like you've got quite a gaming background, and I totally get that post-Zelda gaming withdrawal. It's hard to find something that lives up to such an epic experience.

Given your preference for Western RPGs and your current enjoyment of Jedi Survivor, here are my thoughts on the games you're considering:

Elden Ring: If you're concerned about burnout on the medieval fantasy setting and Souls-like gameplay, it might be worth holding off for now. The paralysis from analysis can be real, and jumping into a game like this requires a commitment.

Bloodborne: It's indeed an amazing game, but considering your concerns, it might be worth waiting until you feel ready to immerse yourself in another challenging Soulsborne experience.

Far Cry 6: Offers a different experience from the RPGs you mentioned, but it's an open-world game with its own appeal. If you enjoy exploration and engaging stories, it could be a good choice.

As for Uncharted and The Last of Us on PS5, they look and play fantastic with enhanced graphics and performance. Both series offer compelling narratives, and if you haven't played them, they could be a great addition.

Ultimately, I'd lean towards a game that offers a different experience from what you've recently played. Given your enjoyment of open-world exploration, perhaps Far Cry 6 or revisiting a classic with the Dead Space Remake might be refreshing. Happy gaming!