tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tpz4sheezy
Member since 2017 • 80 Posts

I was looking at games on gamepass to play and I’ve narrowed it down to a few. I figured I would ask you guys which one is best and which I should play?

The first is monster hunter rise. I really enjoyed the last monster hunter on Xbox so I figured I would like this.

Next is fallout 76. I love me some fallout but I’m not big on multiplayer games and games as a service. I want a game with a story I can beat and be done with it. I don’t want to beat it snd then six months later thereis some new random stuff I have to do.

The next game is pillars of eternity 2. I have never played a pillars of eternity game but it looks cool. I love rpg like divinity origins of sin, wasteland 2 and 3, dragon age, the original fallout games etc, so this looks cool. I dunno if it’s anything like those though.

Last but not least is a plague tale requiem. I hear the story is amazing my only problem is that I’ve never played the original. I’m worried that I won’t understand the story or what is going on and won’t get the full effect of the game. Maybe I can watch a video online that summarizes the first game.

So which of these do you guys recommend?

Which one is the most fun?? Thanks alot I really appreciate your guys insight.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Monster Hunter is always a good time (for me). Rise is fun, with an excellent Hub-town and NPCs. Sunbreak too is excellent in this area. This is the one area I think the portable team did a fantastic job in for these entries.

However, it is worth channelling your expectations coming off World/Iceborne. MH has two teams for game development, the main team which made World and Iceborne. And its portable team which is behind Rise and Sunbreak. They both put a different spin on the franchise.

I could ramble all day on what Rise/ Sunbreak did well and poorly; but I already have a review for base-Rise. And this review is still pretty relevant considering the game didn't really fix any of its issues, even after the expansion.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Pillars of Eternity 2 or Plague Tale. Either are great.

Fallout 76 is hot garbage. Or it was when I played it.

Monster Hunter has a good reputation but I personally do not like.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 514 Posts

Pillars of Eternity is my vote, but I'm biased to that game. I loved that game, and if you liked wasteland and Divinity Original Sin, it's right up that alley.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7333 Posts

Pillars was meant to be a throwback to stuff like Baulder's Gate and Planescape, so you will probably enjoy it if you like Dragon Age.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

Yeah, I'll echo MH Rise (see RSM-HQ's post) and Pillars of Eternity 2 (which I have not played but heard is good). Both of those are long games though, so I'd personally not play them with Gamepass, I'd rather own them.

Fallout 76 is what it is, and I want no part of it. Could rant about it, but let's just say I don't recommend it to anyone.

Plague Tale is very cinematic, and the focus isn't on gameplay, which I personally find much more important than anything else in games. I don't like such games, but many others do.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts
@Litchie said:

Fallout 76 is what it is, and I want no part of it. Could rant about it, but let's just say I don't recommend it to anyone.

Pretty much my thoughts, it's sadly a beaten horse. Prime example of a video game that claimed to be more than it is/ couldn't live up to the developers previous successes/ boastful false advertising similar tier to Anthem and CyberPunk.

I know many Bethesda Studio loyalists shout "FO76 is pretty good now", however it is worth noting FO or even Bethesda Studio fans have very low standards these days. What with The Elder Scrolls: Blades. They'd take pee in a cup and smile about it.

Skyrim is a twelve year old game folks, and Fall Out 3 (which I know many of the fandom love) is fifteen years old, time to wake up and move-on.

*Mind you, maybe calling it early. Let's see how Star Field turns out. I probably won't ever buy a Bethesda Studio product ever again. But lets hope they've learned from FO76 so the fandom can play a game that's not complete garbage.

bitnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bitnights
Member since 2021 • 25 Posts

I think Fallout 76 can be a relaxing way to pass the time if you like grinding.

But if you want something that you can just beat without investing a huge amount of time then go for plague tale requiem although be warned: if you do not get invested in the story and settings it will not be as enjoyable as Fallout 76

mikecrci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikecrci
Member since 2017 • 68 Posts

Sizzling hot take: Fallout 76 is the 2nd best FO game in the franchise, after FO4.

Fallout 4 was also my first Fallout game, so I have no basis of comparison to the older games.

neogeo2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 neogeo2k2
Member since 2019 • 145 Posts

My vote is Pillars of Eternity 2.

I also really enjoyed FO76.

I’m not a fan of the MH series so I would never recommend those 😆

jiamail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jiamail
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

Monster Hunter is always a good time (for me). Rise is fun, with an excellent Hub-town and NPCs. Sunbreak too is excellent in this area. This is the one area I think the portable team did a fantastic job in for these entries.

However, it is worth channeling your expectations coming off World/Iceborne. MH has two teams for game development apps https://apkinstaclub.com/instaup-apk/ , the main team which made World and Iceborne. And its portable team which is behind Rise and Sunbreak. They both put a different spin on the franchise.

I could ramble all day on what Rise/ Sunbreak did well and poorly, but I already have a review for base-Rise. And this review is still pretty relevant considering the game didn't really fix any of its issues, even after the expansion.

Hi thanks for your information i also know about this game it was very helpful for me. i also played a good time monster hunter games

thanks

GamingBets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GamingBets
Member since 2023 • 11 Posts

Fallout is always a good time, chilling out so yeah Fallout 76

MirBlecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MirBlecker
Member since 2023 • 5 Posts

Considering your preferences for a complete story and your love for RPGs,Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfiremight be the best fit. However, if you're open to a slightly different experience,A Plague Tale: Requiemcould also provide a gripping narrative. It's recommended to check reviews or gameplay videos to see which one aligns more with your gaming tastes.