Which Resident Evil do you want next

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Which Resident Evil do you want next (21 votes)

Resident Evil 1 Re-Remake 5%
Resident Evil 0 Remake 5%
Code Veronica Remake 48%
Resident Evil 5 Remake 10%
Resident Evil 9 33%

I like the remakes (including RE3), Code Veronica is overrated, I want a new game so RE9.

• 
blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2037 Posts

RE9 but third person

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1074 Posts

As long as it officially supports VR

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7239 Posts

Code Veronica remake it deserves the effort put into 2 and 3.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

RE9 and I want to be able to slice Wesker and eat him. LOL Just kidding but I want Wesker to be dead and the franchise to have a satisfying ending.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56154 Posts

Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Even fans are hoping this will happen.

@Realmjumper said:

RE9 and I want to be able to slice Wesker and eat him. LOL Just kidding but I want Wesker to be dead and the franchise to have a satisfying ending.

Spoilers regarding Albert Wesker:

You are aware Wesker died in RE5 right? He's been dead for years and hasn't been seen since, so RE5 was a fitting end to the iconic villain.

But for me, I still haven't accepted his death. I still believe he is alive. His voice in the canon Umbrella Corpsm the implication that the person now leading Umbrella is a mysterious leader who created the training ground from areas only Wesker could have seen in perfect detail, and the fact, that his mercenary company was responsible (at least partly) for the creation of the Mold in RE7 leads me to believe that he is 100% still alive. But all of this in theory believes Wesker could be a Clone.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34629 Posts

9. If it would be any good, that'd be cool too.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#8 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6094 Posts

RE:CV. I want it in 3rd person mode.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46368 Posts

RE 9 in the style of RE 7, not Village.

I felt RE 7 was heading in the right direction but Village floods you with ammo, and every encounter is fixed by shooting at it. In other words: it's a shooter. It's Call of Duty Village.

It's not a bad game, mind you. But I liked the direction RE 7 was heading in: pure dread.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11672 Posts

As someone who plays these games & many Survival Horror games, none of the ones listed in the poll. Resident Evil 5 Remake/ Zero Remake?. . please no. . A ninth main entry will come around but I would be surprised if they called it 9. We know the Winters story is told 'Capcom confirmed this' so if anything I see more of a soft reboot in which they don't use a number.

Resident Evil: Outbreak and File 2 in the RE Engine would be my choice without a shadow of a doubt. It has tons of potential and Outbreak lore can be found in all the RE Engine games, so Capcom clearly has a love for the two games.

Wouldn't be against a Code Veronica Remake, needed it more than 4 ever did. Though I imagine if Capcom skipped Veronica it's because the original game barely pulled its weight with mediocre reviews and worst sales for a mainline entry (back in the day). Not to mention when you look at the sequels that came after, Veronica was kinda forgotten about.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9562 Posts

How about a new one?

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

@davillain said:

Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Even fans are hoping this will happen.

@Realmjumper said:

Spoilers regarding Albert Wesker:

You are aware Wesker died in RE5 right? He's been dead for years and hasn't been seen since, so RE5 was a fitting end to the iconic villain.

But for me, I still haven't accepted his death. I still believe he is alive. His voice in the canon Umbrella Corpsm the implication that the person now leading Umbrella is a mysterious leader who created the training ground from areas only Wesker could have seen in perfect detail, and the fact, that his mercenary company was responsible (at least partly) for the creation of the Mold in RE7 leads me to believe that he is 100% still alive. But all of this in theory believes Wesker could be a Clone.

Oh hey thanks I was not aware he died I never finished RE 5 or when I did I forgot about the ending lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

RE 9 in the style of RE 7, not Village.

I felt RE 7 was heading in the right direction but Village floods you with ammo, and every encounter is fixed by shooting at it. In other words: it's a shooter. It's Call of Duty Village.

It's not a bad game, mind you. But I liked the direction RE 7 was heading in: pure dread.

Well that was the whole point of Village. RE Village wanted to get the feel for RE4 as it was more towards action so of course the ammo stuff was going to be all over the place but at times, I did ran out of ammo in certain places and its still the RE we all know and love. Even in RE4 Remake, there's plenty of ammo to go around but still a times I end up out of handgun & shotgun ammos.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@davillain: I disagree but allow me to explain why I think this way:

When I first played Village I loved the game. All of the encounters were great and I feel the guns they chose had a nice texture and feeling to them.

But this time, on my second playthrough, I was coming right off RE7 and before that I was coming right off Alien Isolation. So I was on a horror game streak.

Village felt like a change of pace. But more than that it felt like most of the game gave you situations or encounters that could be fixed with dumping a load of bullets in the problem. Don't think I ever used the knife, lol.

But nah, in particular every boss was just a variation of 'shoot the glowy part a bunch of times' and it felt creatively lacking.

RE4 is often regarded as the game where Capcom took the action route from the previous horror games. But there is still strategy involved in a lot of the situations: holding out in the house, babysitting ashley after the church. Heck even the lake monster felt more strategic than Village boss fights.

It sounds like I'm dissing the game too much or that I'm not a fan but this is not the case. I really like Village, it's just that I wanted more of RE7. It feels like Capcom was aiming for a different audience. That's my main gripe.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@R4gn4r0k: Completely understandable. I won't sugarcoat it but Village does has its flaws. The reason I loved Village so much (besides Lady D of course) is because of its similarities to RE4, and now that the Remake is out, they complement each other nicely. RE7 had the Mold monsters (and the Baker family hillbillies) and I can say those scared me the most and the Werewolves in Village felt boring and not even scarier so that's one grip I didn't like about Village.

I haven't replay RE7 in a long time, I need to replay it this weekend.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k

@davillain said:

@R4gn4r0k: Completely understandable. I won't sugarcoat it but Village does has its flaws. The reason I loved Village so much (besides Lady D of course) is because of its similarities to RE4, and now that the Remake is out, they complement each other nicely. RE7 had the Mold monsters (and the Baker family hillbillies) and I can say those scared me the most and the Werewolves in Village felt boring and not even scarier so that's one grip I didn't like about Village.

I haven't replay RE7 in a long time, I need to replay it this weekend.

I feel that a lot of the times the spookiness of these games is putting you in situations and places where pushing through feels barely doable. Exploring might get you killed, but it might net you some more ammo for the flamethrower too. It's constantly winning over that fear.

Lady D and her merry band of minions are just great:

Loading Video...

I played the remaster with a mod that not only turned Chris into Bruce Willis (second time I met him it was regular Chris but he had his RE5 outfit).

But also to give some visual flair and some variation: i had two mods for the missies, one that removed the flies around them and the second one gave them swords instead of sickels.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

RE code veronica remake