Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Twess
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

Hi

I'm here today to wright a review on Age Of Strategy, if I had to give a brief description of the game I'd say it is like Fire Emblem and a 8 bit version of Sid Meier's Civilization. It's a free game and is easy to get the hang of if your aren't the biggest into the games listed above. The game is very well done and the developer is quite active and is good about responding to emails and is open to suggestions to make the game better. The game itself goes into depth, from its large selection of units to its many upgrades that add content to the game. Oh did I mention you can build buildings (from archery ranges, to castles) and research technologys to better your units in game. The upgrades themselves cost gems to get,but you can get them multiple ways, like donating to the developers for example. You don't even have to do that, the game includes tons of campaigns that have a lot of maps and you can earn more gems then you will ever need for the game. The game also includes a multiplayer function online and local or you can play against bots, the AI in the game is pretty good. You can choose to create a profile if you want (needed for online play). One of my personal favorite part of the game is the map created (also requires profile), but if you have a created map and think it would be good as a map in general for the game talk to the developers and as long as the map is balanced there is a possibility it can be added as a random map for non campaign use, or it can be added as a map you can download along with many other maps made by members of the community, another thing I've noticed is if you make a map and it's put into the game itself the developers make sure to give you credit, I've even seen campaigns made by community members. Like all game it has its ups and downs, like multiplayer matches can last for days and if someone forgets about the game you started and doesn't take their turn well you are stuck from what I've heard, but I haven't had that problem yet. Sometime you will wait hours for your turn but you got to understand you could be playing with some on the other side of the world. Overall the game is well balanced among the units and is updated often, you can even go back and look through the version log (that will tell you all about the fixes and added content). Me personally would give the game a 10/10, but don't take my word for it check it out yourself, you might be surprised. well that's about it for my review on Age Of Strategy thanks for reading.

P.S. oh and if you could reply to this post on what you think of the game that would be great, I'd like to know what others think of the game

Jbail02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 Jbail02
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Love the game So much

Jbail02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Jbail02
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Hi, I'm Jbail02 and I will be reviewing the mobile game 'Age of Fantasy'.

First of I would like to define what type of game it is... Age of Fantasy is a game play orientated, fantasy and turn based strategy game which is a retro 8-bit game that has you doing assorted campaigns each with a separate and unique story. The campaigns are also joined along by skirmish maps, which can incorporate elements from the stories in the campaign and build on them, like aftermaths, History, the present, past and future.

The game elements I think are wonderfully developed for an 8-bit retro game, like the music which I think hives you a sense of achievement and seriousness at the same time. The graphics may be basic, but they have a lot of character and significance in them. The fighting styles and attacks I think are cute, as a goblin has a small, pointy arrow come out of his body and hits the enemy or even when it goes the completed opposite direction and hits something else. The game is really deep in its game play and really gets you thinking about what to do and train, where to go, who to attack. The developers have really implemented a lot of strategic possibilities and the custom maps are created with beauty and passion for the map.

The game really had me on the edge of my seat while playing the game, trying to hold my human fortress from being overwhelmed by the legion of dead and hordes of orcs coming to take my fortress, also trying to help my Elvish allies survive while they help me break the siege at my castle and attack the orcs and undead bases.

FEATURES- The game includes a online and hot-seat multiplayer or you can play against AI bots with two difficulties. The game features a large, and i mean really large upgrade/tech tree to purchase technologies, units and buildings to better your game play while in the campaigns or custom games. The game uses Gems as a currency which you use to purchase the upgrades. The best thing is that you don't need money to purchase gems as it is really easy to receive them, you can get up to 4 per mission you complete, and you can get them other ways like supporting the game and community by creating maps and sending them to the devs to put into the game and donating. The developers are really active and are always contributing to the forum and answering the public who are immersed and constantly contributing lively and great ideas to make the game better and produce more features for it.

Races- up to 4 races each with their own unique, and varied units with different skills and racial abilities like the humans can cast bolstering spells and destructive forces like fire balls and the undead can summon many different units like dragons and raise the fallen from the battle field and turn them into destructive monsters to help with their growing legion. The races are Humans/Knights, Undead/monsters, Elves/Nature and Orcs/Goblins. The races also have units that are in LOTR like the Uruk Hai, Ents and Liches along with units from Blizzards insanely popular Warcraft like the Orc's Wolf Riders. Each race has a big and special building which is a massive game changer for your team -providing powerful defenses and extra unit training along with garrisoning capacity to shield your powerful units from the enemy fire.

My favorite thing by far in this game is its AMAZING!!! Map/Campaign creator. It is extremely easy use and in about half an hour I was very familiar with it, EVEN THE TRIGGERS which help bind the game together allowing you to create objectives, missions, defeat and win conditions along with much, much more. I just love creating my own lore and using it to create stunning maps and creating my own fantasy world which all the missions play a part to create a beautiful world to enjoy.

I personally would recommend this game to anyone who likes Age of Empires, Sid Meier's Civilization and Nintendo's Fire Emblem. I would rate this game 10/10 but you should play this game and see what you think of it. Please share this game with everyone you know and contribute to the community forum and support the game.

Atomapootz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Atomapootz
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

If your looking for a good rts for the phone try a game called age of strategy or age of fantasy both good games by the same creator