Apple vs Samsung . A full comparison . Samsung is dead .

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#51 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@hoolahoop85 said:

@musicalmac: having the highest profit while having the lowest market share means one thing, they're overcharging and ripping off customers, and you think this is something to be taken as a good thing? Lol use your common sense dude, you're letting them rip you off

Apple is losing market share and increasing profit, which means they are losing customers and the only ones they are able to hang onto are the ones who are willing to get ripped off

Losing market share doesn't equate to losing customers. The market grows every year, mostly at the low-end of the spectrum (where there's no money to be made). Apple, while actively involved in charity, is itself not a charity but a business and they're very good at being a business. I guarantee you that any company would take profit share over market share. Guarantee.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#52 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@Random_Matt said:
@hoolahoop85 said:

@musicalmac: having the highest profit while having the lowest market share means one thing, they're overcharging and ripping off customers, and you think this is something to be taken as a good thing? Lol use your common sense dude, you're letting them rip you off

Apple is losing market share and increasing profit, which means they are losing customers and the only ones they are able to hang onto are the ones who are willing to get ripped off

Apples profit margin is 70%, its fact the iphone costs next to nothing to manufacturer.

I don't think it's quite that high, but it does tend to float around 50%. Apple's manufacturing costs are low for many reasons, most of them thanks to the operations genius Tim Cook. Apple has no long-term product stock in warehouses and they have enough money in their war chest to buy out all the necessary components they need, and pre-buy them, lowering costs and squeezing their competition out of the market (they control their supply chain, it's a beautiful thing).

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Is this chatter still going how weird. I don't really get the point of going online to argue about what piece of plastic and metal is better than the other it's as if a product you'll never see a penny of profit from is so much more than just a tool to manage your day to day life and entertainment. The only one these geek bench scores and stuff should matter to is the manufacturer since it helps them measure how well their product works.I could understand if you were measuring the power of a pc since people build them but a phone no. The only thing a consumer needs to know is if the device durable, has good sound quality and is suited to fit their needs. This is almost as sad as the console war. You know I never see anyone talking beyond specs and geek bench scores. Why does no one talk about the content each platform offers particularly exclusive content. Also why not talk about how well one platform plays movies over the the other like which has the more convenient controls . The mobile forum has really devolved if the only topic anyone can come up with is geek bench scores. I mean I could try to put up some topics but some people don't know how to converse about anything beyond scores. I suggest watching Pocket Now on youtube. Those guys really know how to analyze phone beyond basic users who can only talk about geek bench

eagle63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 eagle63
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

I'm quite happy with my s7.no amount of iPhone fanboyizum is going to change that.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Celsius765

@eagle63: I can appreciate that. To each what makes them happy. Fanboy ism gets so sad amongst both android and ios users as if the dead horse hasn't been beat enough. People are so proud of something they merely bought, something they didn't make themselves

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

@Celsius765: No, benchmark scores are completely a relevant topic considering how long Android users touted "superior specs at a lower price" as one of the biggest advantages of Android handsets. This went on for over 6 years until it became common knowledge that iPhones have always been superior in speed and power thanks to said benchmarks and empirical evidence comparing real world usage (data compilation, RAM management, multitasking and general web rendering).

We COULD get back into another topic such as ecosystem, as you suggest, but we already know Apple takes the cake in that regard. Exclusives, timed exclusivity, developer favor and an unmatched third-party accessory industry alike.

It's a wonderful thing to see all the naysayers of the past decade to be backed into a corner saying none of that matters anymore. Android fanboys literally have nothing left but to say "i just want to customize my homescreen and Android allows that."

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Celsius765

@mister-man: yeah wonderful until it's killed the mobile forum. It didn't used to be this dead in here. No one really talks about new and upcoming phones and such anymore since those still left in here don't know how to. No offense but you're a fine example of that. You're shoulders deep in the phone wars that it's pointless to talk to you half the time. It's either android bashing or quoting system wars troll talk. I miss the old days when there were people who weren't phone bias and we're willing talk without trying to brag about their favorite plastic. I guess GS is dead if the best we can get is benchmarks and Samsung bashing.Already knowing isnt an excuse not to. Being on different OS is very handy for finding content the opposite is doesn't have, looking features the opposite may not have and getting opinions on other people's user experience

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Mister-Man

@Celsius765: ... but Android doesn't have content that iOS doesn't have. It's the other way around. o_o

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Celsius765

@mister-man: that depends on what your looking for I think I will say most of the time it's true. Android is great bit it's not the safest, might be why ios gets more content (or because of all the android variants make it harder to program for). Honestly I think apple just has a lot more money to throw at content creators they squeeze every penny out any nook and cranny they can. At this point I guess there's very few differences between the two

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Mister-Man

@Celsius765: There are many differences between the two.

Content and accessories in favor of iOS

Speed

Stability

Security

Uniformity across several device classes

The ability to download Os updates the very same minute they release

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Celsius765

@mister-man: that's the only thing that ever bugged me about android. They just don't see the value of uniformity and what all the s e skins customizations are costing them security wise. Android is great but could be better with uniformity. Though I wonder if it makes sense still allow multitudes of OEM to exist I will admit it's helpful for poorer folks who need a smart device

CynthiaMiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 CynthiaMiller
Member since 2016 • 2 Posts

Samsung is better.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points