Presenting the iPhone 7+/Pro (for real--come inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Here we go, folks. If true (and I think it may be), it would be the most substantial iPhone leak since the editor at Gizmodo found a lost iPhone 4 in a bar.

A few take-aways that are worth covering:

• Dual camera -- not a surprise, will likely lead to some leaps with camera technology on the iPhone, will likely become more standard as phones are updated
  • Smart Connector -- those three little dots on the back of the phone are something we should not pass over too quickly
    • The iPad Pro and Apple Watch already has this, now perhaps the iPhone 7+/Pro
    • We know you can charge and pass data through the ports (a godsend for battery cases)
    • This was one of the more hotly-contested rumors surrounding the iPhone 7, happy to see it'll likely come equipped
  • No 3.5 jack -- Not surprised, this was nearly confirmed months ago, out with the old (probably will ship with a lightning to 3.5 connector)

There are some other subtle design tweaks and what is potentially a new color (though it also feels a little like a production color), but I think what we have here is probably the genuine article. The inclusion of the Smart Connector may be what necessitated the removal of the 3.5 jack (particularly because this phone may be the tiniest bit thinner than the 6s).

Very interesting.

Jut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Jut
Member since 2015 • 250 Posts

I'm glad they are ditching the 3.5mm jack :)

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

So nothing important and all the features we already saw with other Android phones? Gotcha!

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 musicalmac  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man: ...well you can say that, but I and everyone else knows you're wrong.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 musicalmac  Moderator

So update: New high-rez images reveal that it may not have the 3-pin smart connector, which would be a disappointment. Unless they've got something better planned. Time will tell.

It's possible that the iPhone 7 will serve as the iMac or MacBook Air of the mobile/post-PC world (cutting out features for the sake of forcing the market to move on and adapt).

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Remember last year, the post I made about Isreali camera tech company LinX, responsible for micro-shrinking DSLR techniques to a size that can be applied to smartphones? Remember how you mockingly said their acquisition didn't mean anything because Apple didn't use the tech in the iPhone 6S? Well... It's here.

And you can go eat your own words now.

On another note... I think it's completely telling that the iPhone 7 is about to be the biggest iPhone sales hit yet, meanwhile Samsung can only keep up by LITERALLY giving away free Galaxy phones 2-4 units at a time. A lot of the other company's essentially killed themselves financially trying to keep up with Apple and their massive advantage in the supply chain, production and sales. You can almost see Samsung (the last Android bastion) and their desperation from all the giveaways and "shipment number" reports. lol

There's no more competition anymore. Apple is killing it right now.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@mister-man said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Remember last year

You mean when you accused me of saying something I didn't? Still running away from that?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@mister-man: No one cares because Apple iPhones are now uninspiring, also nice one that you have an alternate account as @applebeatspc