Questions about syncing iPhone

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17679 Posts

After a few years, I've finally synced my iPhone and updated to the latest iOS. A few questions:

1) How do I remove/add specific songs to my phone through itunes? I remember in the older version, there was a checkbox next to songs. You checked/dechecked the ones you wanted, synced, and it'd remove or add them. These check boxes are now gone and I've no idea how to add/remove songs from my phone using itunes (only through my phone). I can't even be sure that what is on itunes is congruent with my phone. Apple does one hell of a job making things as confusing as possible.

2) I don't want to see cloud icons in my music on my phone. How do I get rid of these?

3) with the new iOS, how do I turn on/off repeat and shuffle? For the life of me I can't find them anywhere in the music app, even swiping up. Apple in all of their brilliance also found it prudent to remove these buttons in the control center as well, along with the absolute genius move of moving the music controls to the secondary page, instead putting "Airplay Mirroring", "Airdrop: Receiving Off", and "Night Shift: Off" on the first, as we all know people use these far more often then wanting to change music tracks. Very intuitive Apple.

4) How do I remove duplicates in itunes? I suspect this has something to do with the cloud. I just want to show what I have.

Android, I'm coming your way after my contract is up. The engineers at Apple should be selling Big Macs, I'm genuinely starting to believe someone has a job there who is attempting to covertly sabotage the company with these changes. Jobs would've fired these bozos before you could even say the word incompetence.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17679 Posts

Anyone?

I'm mostly curious about #2. I can delete songs from my library and then sync, but they then remain on my phone with that cloud icon. I can't find a way to remove these. Any help would be great please, all the solutions I've looked for online have not worked.