Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

No one cares about this because Capcom has been treating the Switch like shit and chances are just DMC1 is going to cost $30.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

No one cares about this because Capcom has been treating the Switch like shit and chances are just DMC1 is going to cost $30.

so putting iconic franchises on the system is treating switch owners like shit?

gamecube, wii and wiiU never got anything from devil may cry.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eikichi-Onizuka

@KBFloYd said:
@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

Yes I think Capcom releasing the exact same product years later with no improvements/additions for more money(I'm talking launch retail price, I'm not one of those people that think they should release the HD collection and charge only 10 bucks because it's been that price on PSN/Steam/whatever) is treating them like shit. Not a fan of publishers charging a hefty Switch tax for no reason.

I mean, they are releasing the RE games on Switch for $30 each when they were $20 on every other platform. And those were originally Gamecube exclusives.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Eikichi-Onizuka said:
@KBFloYd said:
@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

Yes I think Capcom releasing the exact same product years later with no improvements/additions for more money(I'm talking launch retail price, I'm not one of those people that think they should release the HD collection and charge only 10 bucks because it's been that price on PSN/Steam/whatever) is treating them like shit. Not a fan of publishers charging a hefty Switch tax for no reason.

I mean, they are releasing the RE games on Switch for $30 each when they were $20 on every other platform. And those were originally Gamecube exclusives.

Ok so they are being lazy. no doubt. But this is treating switch like shit? treating switch like shit would be to not even bother putting these games on here. They are half assing switch owners. But its not this huge betrayal people are making it out to be.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#6 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts
@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

Yep, besides Mega Man 11 and Street Fighter 30th, Capcom has been a JOKE for the Switch. Even Bethesda, a company with LESS history with Nintendo, isn't this bad.

But I bet this only exists so Capcom can see Dante for Smash.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@KBFloYd: It's indeed treating Switch owners bad, as there is Devil May Cry Collection on the other consoles. If this port of Devil May Cry is $30, then its totally not worth the buy

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eikichi-Onizuka

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

Yep, besides Mega Man 11 and Street Fighter 30th, Capcom has been a JOKE for the Switch. Even Bethesda, a company with LESS history with Nintendo, isn't this bad.

But I bet this only exists so Capcom can see Dante for Smash.

From what I gather, Dragon's Dogma is good on Switch and it doesn't have the Switch tax. Guess it's not popular enough that Capcom thought they could get away with it.

@KBFloYd said:

Ok so they are being lazy. no doubt. But this is treating switch like shit? treating switch like shit would be to not even bother putting these games on here. They are half assing switch owners. But its not this huge betrayal people are making it out to be.

Alright sure, lets go with half-assed then.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

It is a PS2 game ...

a Capcom ... re releasing the same crap over and over again ( see RE4, Okami and REmake ).

Put RE2 remake or the latest Devil May Cry instead or the Switch can only handle PS2 port ?

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#10 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33351 Posts

Why just DMC1? They should have included the whole first trilogy like the PS4 and Xbox One does.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

DMC3 on Switch and we'll talk.

It's the best game in the franchise for a reason.

Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#12 Oemenia
Member since 2003 • 10416 Posts
@TAMKFan said:

Why just DMC1? They should have included the whole first trilogy like the PS4 and Xbox One does.

Because Nintendo fans have been talking smack about third-party games for the last few generations. But now they are port-begging for them all so why not milk them?

minishcapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#13 minishcapper
Member since 2019 • 37 Posts

If this was Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3 that would be something. I know 2 sucks but releasing the first three games, then the next three games later, would be a smart idea.