Does the Switch Lite kinda feel like the PSP to anyone?

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

It does to me and I kinda like it. I've had fun memories of my PSP, not to mention I'd often download my game through the PS Store as apposed to buying them on disk, something I find myself doing with the Switch Mini. (Side note, I usually prefer physical media but I really don't like those switch carts.)

Out of curiosity though, does anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17853 Posts

Aye. Well similar: i often think of the switch as the Nintendo Vita.

The vita was an awesome bit of portable gaming kit. If only it had nintendos backing (though it had some great games in fairness).

The switch basically does that.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

I actually have a Vita, pre-ordered it back in the day. I don't play it much right now, I actually need to get a new memory card and charger for it, but it was a lot of fun back in the day so I might consider doing that in the near future. After I attempt to restore my old PSP of course, it needs both a new charger and a battery, bare minimum. Might need a new disk reader too.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#4 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@blazepanzer24: I think Switch carts are a bit of a hassle as well. It’s not as fluent as with the DS/3DS systems at least. I’ve only started buying games physically again and when I went in to pop a cartridge in it felt like a bit of a process. I myself really don’t like the cover you clip open and closed. It feels flimsy and doesn’t necessarily need to be there. Just my opinion though. :)

The Switch does remind me of the PSP. I think if the PSP actually had a docking system for TV play it would’ve been great. Sure, there were those cables you could buy but from what I’ve heard it didn’t look all that great on the big screen. Physical backwards compatibility on the Vita for PSP games would have been great.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 344 Posts

I don’t know anything about the psp or vita but to me it’s way better than that. It looks kinda like a GBA or a Sega Game Gear but way more up to date and a lot funner.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

Its more of a Vita since it uses cartridges.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3658 Posts

I had a PSP bit wouldn't compare it to the Switch Lite in terms of size.