Fed up with Nintendo. I will be trading in my switch if the next Mario Party does not include online multiplayer.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Theproof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Theproof
Member since 2018 • 41 Posts

I've managed to survive with only having two standout games available for a year

I've ignored still not having the virtual console available

I've been very patient with Nintendo over the years as far as my complaints.....but if I find out that the next Mario Party lacks online Multiplayer in fucking 2018 I'm just about done. I will be trading in my Switch. Nobody is gonna spend all of that money these days on four controllers and then hope that you can find four friends who are willing to play Mario Party whenever you have the urge.

This is the perfect game for online but Nintendo has been lazy with adding this feature. It's absolutely unacceptable in this day and age and Nintendo should be ashamed.

xwingz900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xwingz900
Member since 2018 • 27 Posts

I feel you man, I don't care how many units they're moving, the Switch and Nintendo in general has been very disappointing as of late. It seems like Nintendo is porting way too many games these days. I'd understand if these were 15 year old games (like Luigi's Mansion on 3DS, that I understand), but Nintendo has actively been supplementing their brand new system with a bunch of ports of games that came out about 4 years ago. There is still no way to watch Youtube or Netflix and it's been a year since launch, and don't even get me started on having to pay to play online starting in September.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i understand bro.

even monopoly a 20$ game has online multiplayer. kirby has great multiplayer but its not online. however for that game would be too hard to implement since its single player.

mario tennis aces will have online. so this gives me hope for mario party.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I definitely hope that the next Mario Party has online multiplayer, but even more importantly, I better not see that damn stupid car again! They need to drop that damn stupid car and go back to the classic Mario Party gameplay.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#5 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

Nintendo needs to get it together. E3 better be a banger or I'm going to be really struggling for games to play. It's been months since anything worthwhile has been released that isn't a port of a 5 year old game or an indie.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Fairly sure the next Mario Party will have online functionality.
Anyway, why so angry? There hasn't even been an announcement, or did I miss something...?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Why do you think mario party won't have online mp? And lol, what 4 controllers? You already got two Joy-Cons with your switch. Get another set and you're ready for 4 player games.

Theproof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Theproof
Member since 2018 • 41 Posts

@storm_of_swords:

Hahah agreed

Avatar image for game_station_forum
Game_Station_Forum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Game_Station_Forum
Member since 2018 • 11 Posts

I would love to see Mario party having an online feature.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b01abbec19e9
deactivated-5b01abbec19e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5b01abbec19e9
Member since 2018 • 104 Posts

I still don't get why they didn't hop on online for the Wii games. Hell, they could've even used that useless online adapter for one of the 10 billion Mario Party games the Cube had. There's no excuse now.

Also in general Nintendo just needs to get their shit together with the Switch's online. It's 2K-fucking-18 and yet we're expected to:

1. Use our phones, (our phones, not our consoles) and use a special app and special headphones for fucking voice chat. Why bother when you can just save money and just use Skype or Discord on your phone instead? Hell, why can't we have either of those on the Switch? (at least Discord given how MS owns Skype)
  2. Add users via friend codes. Why do I have to ask someone I know to send me a picture of their long ass code when they could easily just send a username instead?
  3. While on the topic of usernames, why can't we have those show up online and not our Mii's name?
  4. Not have Virtual Console. Come on.
  5. Not have cloud saves. I swear to **** if this is included in the paid system I'm rioting.
  6. Of course, pay for the service. Sony and MS are guilty of this too (especially given how PC has the best services and for free) but for a system so ass backwards it really makes it a stupid investment. Fanboys will of course defend this with "but it's cheaper" which is still bullshit, even if it was good online. Like I said, if they throw in cloud saves with it that'd be a huge dick move. The worst part is that this is inevitable.
Avatar image for sonicforces2017
Sonicforces2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 8

#11 Sonicforces2017
Member since 2017 • 70 Posts

Playing couch co-op is best in Mario Party

bragr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bragr
Member since 2017 • 76 Posts

Nintendo's online policy is the worst possible iteration of their family friendly approach. Clearly they know gamers in general want a strong online infrastructure, i would imagine that the issue is how they would present and implement this in a way where it doesn't infract on some type of old school internal online-gaming Nintendo guideline. I think they are the kind of company who spend years on how to feature as few as possible options in their system GUI's. They want that basic simplicity every kid can understand. There must be something with that that crashes with online functionality, friend codes only makes sense if you are 4 years old really, and that they are willing to impose such measures on grown up gamers is hard to make sense of.

Could you even imagine a service with all the Mario games available? the sports games, the kart games, the rpg games, the platform games, all of it, across nes, snes, game boy and all the other systems, organized by release date and all purchasable for a few dollars each? people would buy the switch only for that. Yet, they refuse and make it as frustrating as possible.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#13 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

If Mario party 11 comes it better have standard go for the stars and coins mini game after every turn and a plethora of boards and get rid of the car bs

Avatar image for thegangstasheep
TheGangstaSheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheGangstaSheep
Member since 2016 • 17 Posts

Nintendo are finding success again, and as good as that originally seems, it inflates their ego and they think they can get away with anything. But they have to remember they're not invincible and if they keep pulling stupid and lazy crap there is going to be backlash. Tbh, all companies do the same thing, but Nintendo has got too confident multiple times, and thats how things like the Wii U happened.

xwingz900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xwingz900
Member since 2018 • 27 Posts

@thegangstasheep: Couldn't have put it better,

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KBFloYd

some mario party footage

no mention of online yet

Loading Video...

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

The lack of online play is inconceivable in this day and age for such a game but it isn't a deal breaker.

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

So basically you bought your switch just for Mario Party? Just wait for other good games dude.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Still no conclusive answer on online play?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

@sonic_spark said:

Still no conclusive answer on online play?

They announced that you will be able to play a mini-game mode against people online. No word yet on if the board game part will also be playable online.

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 RedAlert539
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/06/14/super-mario-party-will-include-online-play-in-mario-fun-mode-for-minigames-only/

https://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-party-has-online-mini-games-with-new-mariothon-mode/

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

I am sure it will

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

Wouldn't surprise me if they leave out the game board from online MP, because rage quitting would probably be a big thing.

Nanashi_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24 Nanashi_Fox
Member since 2018 • 12 Posts

@Sepewrath said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they leave out the game board from online MP, because rage quitting would probably be a big thing.

When coming to think of it, it makes sense. But instead of cutting it completely; Nintendo managed to let an AI play instead of a player in previous titles as well (wasn't it in Mario Kart? Not sure anymore tho), so that would be a good way to counter that problem.

And even if they don't want you to be able to play the game board mode with strangers, I would really like if we would get the option to play with friends online.

I would still hope for an inbuilt voice chat for friends, even though it's most likely not going to happen (and disastrous like the one for Splatoon 2). But well, we still got other options for that at least. I mean, hearing the reactions of other people is kinda the point of Mario Party, without hearing them it's just like playing with an AI with common sense.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KBFloYd

@nanashi_fox said:
@Sepewrath said:

When coming to think of it, it makes sense. But instead of cutting it completely; Nintendo managed to let an AI play instead of a player in previous titles as well (wasn't it in Mario Kart? Not sure anymore tho), so that would be a good way to counter that problem.

And even if they don't want you to be able to play the game board mode with strangers, I would really like if we would get the option to play with friends online.

I would still hope for an inbuilt voice chat for friends, even though it's most likely not going to happen (and disastrous like the one for Splatoon 2). But well, we still got other options for that at least. I mean, hearing the reactions of other people is kinda the point of Mario Party, without hearing them it's just like playing with an AI with common sense.

yea monopoly online has people quit out of game as soon as you get the full color property set. i dont think ive finished a full match yet. lol

they should have an full board game online friend option though. we'll see.

Avatar image for elizarineakuma04
elizarineakuma04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 elizarineakuma04
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

yeah, they have to change it if they want people to like it

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#27 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@KBFloYd: happens in Xbox one to I've never been able to finish a game before someone quit in FACT I bought the entire left side (by jail ) and the player quit

Jibroni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 Jibroni
Member since 2003 • 290 Posts

The OP does have a great point, Mario Party needs online. This convo should be continued onto Nintendos reddit.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#29 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@theproof said:

Nobody is gonna spend all of that money these days on four controllers and then hope that you can find four friends who are willing to play Mario Party whenever you have the urge.

That part is actually a good point. Although people did it for the Wii (buy multiple controllers) , you'd expect online modes to part of the package 10 years after the Wii.

ThosYoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ThosYoung
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

@theproof: Couldn't agree more!

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

@theproof:

@theproof said:

I've managed to survive with only having two standout games available for a year

I've ignored still not having the virtual console available

I've been very patient with Nintendo over the years as far as my complaints.....but if I find out that the next Mario Party lacks online Multiplayer in fucking 2018 I'm just about done. I will be trading in my Switch. Nobody is gonna spend all of that money these days on four controllers and then hope that you can find four friends who are willing to play Mario Party whenever you have the urge.

This is the perfect game for online but Nintendo has been lazy with adding this feature. It's absolutely unacceptable in this day and age and Nintendo should be ashamed.

Cool story, bro.

trueevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 trueevan
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

@nanashi_fox said:
@Sepewrath said:

cool story
thanks for sharing

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

The last response to this thread has already celebrated its first birthday, so I'm gonna close this one.