haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

This morning I read the GameSpot review of Triangle Strategy and I’d like to applaud Steve Watts for really detailing the structure of the game. I was on the fence before, but after reading the review (and playing the demo) that it’s something I’ll be on board with.

When I began Triangle Strategy, the plodding pace of the story was a low point I had to get through to play the tactical battles. As time went on, that calculation flipped. The strategy segments are streamlined and enjoyable, even if the class system is missing the amount of flexibility and nuance that I'd like. But instead of getting through the story segments to play more combat, I found myself getting through the combat to see more story. It's overindulgent at times, but I became invested in my band of trusted advisors as they carefully navigated a fraught mixture of war and politics. And more than many games, I felt the burden of the decisions I reached, the relationships they shattered, and the lives they impacted, as belonging to me alone.

I’m looking forward to picking it up later on in the year once I get through a few of my other Switch games. It looks delightful — is anyone else planning to pick it up, or already has? If you have it already, what are your thoughts?

slapshakle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2 slapshakle
Member since 2004 • 4410 Posts

I picked it up recently with the intention of starting once I'm finished with a certain multiplatform open world game everyone seems to be talking about.