TomSharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TomSharp
Member since 2019 • 12 Posts

I was just wondering what peoples opinions are on the new switch? Personally, I think that the Lite is a bit overpriced for what it offers as I thought the whole thing which made the original Switch great was the ability to play it on your tv with friends. I understand that some people may only use it as a portable device and so it's a great release if that's all you plan to do but I just think that its a step backwards. The fact that some games which require the Joy-Cons aren't going to be playable is also a sore point, if you want to play them then you have to purchase separate Joy-Cons which would bring the total price up close to the value of the original version. Am I being too picky or do other people share these concerns?

Image Source: https://www.myfavouritevouchercodes.co.uk/blog/nintendo-switch-vs-switch-lite

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

Unless there was a performance increase with the hardware, no thanks.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

The Switch Lite is just a cheaper, less good version of the regular Switch. If you already have a Switch, then you already have the better version.

TomSharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TomSharp
Member since 2019 • 12 Posts

@livingdeadman: I believe it does still has a slot for physical games but because it doesn't have detachable Joy-Cons some of the motion games won't be playable unless you buy some.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

My only worry is if Nintendo start releasing dock only games which aren't compatible down the line.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#7 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I think it'd be good for one of my siblings to pick up. But for me, I'm sticking with the original. Even the model with the slightly better battery life probably isn't going to be enough to replace my current Switch at the moment.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#10  Edited By bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

@livingdeadman: They are available for pre order at most retailers now, and should be hitting the shelves soon. You will have to look for the new box that has a black background instead of white. The Serial Number is different too.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I like the Switch better

UmameNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UmameNinja
Member since 2019 • 29 Posts

There's a much larger demand for portable gaming in Asia than there is here in North America. That being said I understand if places like Japan were the target demographic for the Lite, but it's useless elsewhere. You're better off just spending the extra $100 USD and getting the OG Switch with it's vastly superior design and support.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

the D-Pad appeals to me (especially for 2d games) and i'm really considering finally getting a switch at this point

Fenrir-Strife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fenrir-Strife
Member since 2019 • 20 Posts

I wonder how necessary that really it, it seems kind of trite or trivial and defeats the whole purpose of the console existing. How does it decide which games are portable and which are not?

Plus, the whole idea of the switch is that it’s lorrbsle, this is a less expensive downgraded version which is also portable but has less available library if gases and also can’t be docked on a TV set, wtf?

I guess Nintendo thought they’d just throw it out there anyway for the sake of it. Never doubt a money making opportunity.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Normal Switch is too big and has No D-PAD making the portable portion of it unusable

The Switch Lite is perfect for on the go or around the house gaming period. It's the better system to me.