deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Over the past few months deciding which games to purchase on the Switch has become a challenge.

Game after game is coming out. And while I've bought a decent amount of recent games, there are still several on my radar. Right now I'm debating if I want to get Dragon Quest XI S this week, but at the same time, games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Maker 2, and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 beckon. Cuphead is even on sale, so there is the temptation to try 2-playering it with my buddy.

It's feeling like the season for some co-op games tbh. Maybe that's how I'll decide what to buy for now. How is everyone else handling the Fall abundance?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4269 Posts

It’s really a good and bad thing. There’s bound to be plenty of game selection, which is good. However, you should be aware that the Switch is a money drain. There are around 20/30 games being released every week.

I don’t have a Switch(yet), but what I would do is get the games that are the most important to me. Not necessarily games that I want to test out. So if Dragon Quest if of top tier importance, I would put it ahead of....let’s just use super Mario odyssey as an example. (As bad as an example that may be, it’s probably a good game.)

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

I just got my Switch (the yellow lite version BTW), so I'm pretty excited yet daunted by the library so far. Right now I only have Minecraft, Stardew Valley, and Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, which will have to do me until November, though.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9430 Posts

Dragon Quest XI will keep you busy for quite a long time. Then again, so will Mario Maker.

MK8 Deluxe is fun but I smashed through all that content in a few days. Still fun to play with friends, though I can't really recommend it with a Switch Lite. You really need to hook it up to the big screen and at least give each person a joycon. The joycons are pretty terrible though so get some 8BitDo SN30 Pro+ controllers (yes they are better than Nintendo's Pro controller).

Other games that I recommend:

• Slay The Spire
  • Dead Cells
  • Stardew Valley
Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#5 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@Ovirew: If you're interested in looking for co-op games, I highly recommend Overcooked/Overcooked 2.

On the other hand, I haven't bought any Switch games in a while. Still wanting to play BotW but I'll mainly be just waiting for AC New Horizons.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

try splatoon 2 Mario kart 8 deluxe and super smash bros ultimate.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Enjoying Link's Awakening. I also bought Ghostbusters and Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair. Still have preorders for Ring Fit Adventure, Luigi's Mansion 3 and A Hat in Time.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#8 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11687 Posts

Hope some Switch owners give Divinity Original Sin II a try, truly a great RPG.

I have it on P.C. yet will eventually play it portable as well, should make for a greater coop adventure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@RSM-HQ:I'd love to get Divinity OS 2 (and 1, if that were on there), but it's a pretty busy time right now. I'm also not sure if there is a physical version of that yet or not. That's something that makes me hesitant about getting certain games on the Switch. It's why I'm still waiting to buy Hotline Miami Collection! Gotta get the game card for that one!

@calway55: I've been playing Link's Awakening here and there in short bursts. But I'm not entirely in the right frame of mind for it lately.

I'll likely keep putting DQIX on the backburner for a bit, along with Mario Maker and some of those other games. I'm set to play Overwatch when it launches tomorrow, and I'm anxious for Pokemon Sword and Shield. But I don't think I really have the energy for a whole lot else right now. MUA3 is still sort of on the radar, as is Diablo 3... LAN play would be ideal.

DList4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DList4ever
Member since 2019 • 213 Posts

@Ovirew: I'm not?

No, seriously, here's how I'm handling the abundance:

I have taken to watching the announcements and checking out gaming sites periodically throughout my week. I have a list on my Google Keep just for Switch games to try.

Also periodically, I go forth to a random Church/Temple and light a candle and some incense in thankfulness for the bounty that has befallen--- particularly given that it has indeed come at the end of such a long drought that had lasted for all of those dark decades before.

:D

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RSM-HQ

@Ovirew: To be honest never played the first D:OS, and been told is not really connected to the sequel, furthermore told it was worse in a lot of ways so never bothered with it myself. Even looking at some gameplay for it was drastically different from the sequel.

As for being busy that's just like all of us, we cannot realistically play everything and have to make choices on preference/ demographic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@dlist4ever: Yeah, it has become like a queue line of games to consider and to backlog. As we approach the end of October and have the Holiday shopping season upon us, I think I'm going to only plan on buying Pokemon yet this year.

I'm really not low on choices, and I have tons of games now to work on. In 2020 I'll have a lot of games to catch up on.

@RSM-HQ: The first Original Sin was quite good, what I had played of it. I never got to play 2 yet.

I've no doubt that the sequel improves over it in every way, but with what was there I was able to make two main characters I liked, and I had fun making complicated decisions about how I wanted to distribute every point I got. Things did descend into craziness when I made the thief party member steal like everything from everyone in the starting zone, and then sold junk to all of the merchants and left them with no gold, but it was still a load of fun to pull that off.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I just keep a list. I'm all digital so when a game from that list is on sale I'll grab it and get to it eventually.

I've started Phantom Doctrine, with its 1,644 details to remember. I need to finish that before I start something new. My brain is rotting like old pork and can't juggle too many games at once.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ

Well I can take one decision off Switch owners shoulders. . .

Just 'beat' my copy of Pokémon: Shield and my advice, Gamers either wait-and-see for the next one. Or move along. Thinking it's the almost flawless quality media reviews have given it will be surprised in this new low for the series. Just save your money and don't bother_

I don't hate the game but have no further intention continuing into post-game or even further multiplayer matches (which lagged in local battles!). Very disappointed; so much so don't think it's worth a thread debating the issues when the hate-wagon was correct for once.

Only enjoyment I got was the Wild Area, and even that has odd restrictions and other issues making it quickly redundant.

Hopefully an Ultra Sword/ Shield will fix at least the major issues.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@RSM-HQ: Well that is disappointing to hear. I am still really looking forward to the game and hope to play it at some point, but I haven't really talked to anyone who's played Sword and Shield yet so I am just going by my impressions leading up to release.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RSM-HQ

@Ovirew: Sword/ Shield still has some joy to give. It's just brief and rough around the edges. Bugs and restrictions hold it back from being a great Pokémon game.

If anything feels like it needed another year of development.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@RSM-HQ said:

@Ovirew: Sword/ Shield still has some joy to give. It's just brief and rough around the edges. Bugs and restrictions hold it back from being a great Pokémon game.

If anything feels like it needed another year of development.

That sounds fair. I just read on the front page that Sword and Shield has quite a bit of post-campaign content, so I still think it could be a pretty meaty game. But I haven't played any of the game and it could be a few weeks or months until I get the opportunity to.

One thing that had me a little worried leading up to release was the news that EXP share is always on in this game. I was never a fan of EXP Share, and at least back in the original games it was sort of something that divided up the experience, and didn't really give full battle credit to every monster in your party. As much as I enjoyed X and Y version, it had a lot of streamlining done to make things easy and take away a lot of playtime, and the EXP share (even if you could turn it off) was extremely cheap.

I guess going into this new adventure, I was hoping there would just be a ton of content since it is the first main series game you can play like a console game. Instead it has felt like the games have become simpler since the move to 3D character models. It's funny because I can remember putting hours and hours into gen 1-4, and a lot of people were crazy about gen 5.

The omission of EVERY SINGLE pokemon in favor of a brand new adventure with new monsters and several returning favorites is something I had actually been welcoming for years now, since I saw how that kind of rebooted things in Ruby and Sapphire. I recall the devs saying one reason that X and Y were made to be so easy was because "People ain't got time for that!" (paraphrasing.) It's kinda crud if it turns out the game is still terribly lacking. I'll reserve judgment until I actually play, but I am just kind of absorbing any feedback I read about the game for now.

wolfpup7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 wolfpup7
Member since 2004 • 1942 Posts

There’s what feels like at least a half dozen switch games I want that are $50-60, so I’m holding off.

-The newest “yarn” game

-Dragon quest 11 (skipped ps4 for a portable version)

-The Zelda remake, which looks awesome.

-Luigi mansion 3

-marvel ultimate alliance 3 (I didn’t actually like the first one I played, but it’s years later and I’m willing to give it a shit)

-whatever x whatever

Probably other stuff I’m forgetting.