ukrules1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 ukrules1
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

Hello, I am getting a Switch in a few months and was wondering about what everyone’s thoughts on whether the price of the new switch (not the cheaper version) would stay the same or increase. Thanks!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I don't know if anyone has a better answer, but a quick search brought me to this article from Nintendo Enthusiast gives at least one opinion on the matter. Another article from Techradar seems to echo this idea.

The consensus seems to be that, until Nintendo releases more information, most people are expecting the cost of the current Switch to come down, while the "Pro" model will take its $299 price point.

This is off-topic, but I've been thinking about it more, and I really think the cheaper version could be worth a look, depending on its price point. I'd love to have a Switch to take with me out in public, but I've always been uncomfortable with taking my bulky and expensive Switch out of the house. I think both new models will be a success for this reason.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

If there is going to be a more powerful version (so far we don't know this, it could be an improved version in other ways) and if it is going to provide a boost in power that would make you think twice about buying a normal Switch, I bet that it would be pricey. I doubt that it would be below $400.

Do keep in mind that you could sell your old Switch when new versions come out. Of course it would be worth less at that time, but if you store the packaging and take good care of the system I bet you could get a significant portion of your money back, should you decide to upgrade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

If there is going to be a more powerful version (so far we don't know this, it could be an improved version in other ways)...

All news outlets are suggesting that the model will be more powerful, possibly sporting a faster processor and better screen.

But you make a good point. There is still that odd little patent Nintendo secured for a device that somehow could make Switch games display in 3D on your television.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
@ukrules1 said:

...the price of the new switch...

What new Switch? Nintendo has repeatedly said that they have no plans of announcing any new versions of the Switch in the near future.

ukrules1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ukrules1
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

Thank you all for your input- hoping the better version stays @ $300!

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#7 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@dzimm: Really? I thought they announced that they were "working" on a cheaper model, as well as a more expensive one.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Speeny

Hard to say. I couldn't see it going past the $500 mark. The current Switch here in Australia is $400.

If they priced the new console at $600 I would definitely not buy it. Even $500 is asking for too much.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@speeny: from what I heard it was all rumours.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Speeny

@npiet1: I see. :P Well I'm fine with the current model. Only downside is the battery life.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@speeny: I don't mind the battery life it's charging while playing that's annoying.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
@speeny said:

@dzimm: Really? I thought they announced that they were "working" on a cheaper model, as well as a more expensive one.

Nope... that's just an unfounded rumor, which is pretty much the same rumor we've been hearing ever since the Switch was first released.