Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@haziqonfire said:

@MonsieurX said:

Just started playing 3D World(yes,I'm late to the party),but so far,it's the best mario game I've ever played

I just started too, I'm at world 3 so far. It's really good so far, despite being fairly easy, but I've heard that changes quickly.

There's been about 2 or 3 levels that rustled my jimmies so far(still in World 5)

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

At the final level in Super Mario 3D World. Gotta go back and get 20 more stars, heh.

And yeah, the game really ramps up the difficulty in the last two worlds. Nintendo took pity on me and offered me the super saiyan suit on multiple levels but I declined.

A Link Between Worlds (though I haven't finished it) and 3D World give me hope for the rest of this gen from Nintendo. Really amazing games.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Also, Toad for MVP. I've used him for at least 3/4 of all levels.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#54 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I picked this up on sale, so nice.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MonsieurX

@whiskeystrike said:

Also, Toad for MVP. I've used him for at least 3/4 of all levels.

I've been playing with Mario only so far.

But the Toad levels are amazing,they should do a wii(u?)ware game only with his levels.

@haziqonfire said:

I picked this up on sale, so nice.

They look amazing(specially the Mario one) but I'm glad I bought 2 sets fo wm+\nunchuck for 40$ refurbished from Nintendo :)

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

There were too many psychopaths driving today and yesterday. I've never had so many moments of fury and frustration in one day before. The roads here are basically 90% ice and it's too cold to melt with salt. I have to drive because I carry important medical specimens. No one was supposed to be on the roads unless it was an emergency.

So of course, most of the people driving were the type that would ignore that. They think that no one else exists or matters, and they certainly don't consider another driver's situation. I had many people pull out in front of me on a highway, drift in front of me going 30mph slower than me, swerve off the road because they don't know how to drive on ice.... One lady with a very angry look on her face kept tailgating people and swerving left and right within her lane.

I just hope it warms up enough tomorrow that salt will actually work. Driving 300 miles on ice is bad enough, but it's a piece of cake compared to defending myself from psychopaths.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By haziqonfire

@JordanElek: Stupid drivers are the worst. There was an accident on the way home from the train station and there was only one lane, but some assholes try going into the other lane to move up a bit then signal to turn in. Moving forward and blocking the lane just makes you look like an asshole and everyone will just honk at you, plus, you're still going to get stuck anyway.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#58 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am currently playing Fire Emblem: Awakening, a shameful debt that I had with my Nintendo 3DS.

Since Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and the next Layton game are a month away, I decided to tackle some of my old-school backlog and play Secret of Mana! I think it is one of the few great SNES games that I have yet to play. Any comments on that title?

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@Pierst179: I still have to play Mana and Chrono Trigger. I have them on my wii VC and played them a bit and thought they were great... But limited time to play and other games pulled me away. One day though...

The thing I remember most of what I played in Mana was how good the music was and I actually really liked the battle system with the ring and all that.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By pierst179
@roboccs said:

@Pierst179: I still have to play Mana and Chrono Trigger. I have them on my wii VC and played them a bit and thought they were great... But limited time to play and other games pulled me away. One day though...

The thing I remember most of what I played in Mana was how good the music was and I actually really liked the battle system with the ring and all that.

I never beat Chrono Trigger due to the fact that I could never get into the gameplay. I will give it another try eventually because I loved the story.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By roboccs

@Pierst179: I hope they come to the WiiU VC soon. That'll give me some incentive to play. Gamepad and gamepad controls + Miiverse would add some awesomeness to the experience.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MonsieurX

@Pierst179 said:

I am currently playing Fire Emblem: Awakening, a shameful debt that I had with my Nintendo 3DS.

Since Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and the next Layton game are a month away, I decided to tackle some of my old-school backlog and play Secret of Mana! I think it is one of the few great SNES games that I have yet to play. Any comments on that title?

Secret Of Mana is amazing.

But if you have a chance to play Seiken Densetsu III(Secret Of Mana 2),it's godly. Sadly,it never made it out of Japan,but fan-made translations are available

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 JordanElek

I played through Secret of Mana years ago by the shadiest of means, and I really liked it despite the inherent control problems I had because of how I was playing it. I don't remember much of it, though.... It was around the same time I played Chrono Trigger and FFVI, and those games have stuck with me clearly, probably because I've played both of them so many times. I was never called back by Secret of Mana, though.

Speaking of which, I merely looked at my 3DS today and got a sudden nostalgic feeling harkening back to those days where I played through as many SNES RPGs as I could. Bravely Default has already established its own place in my heart, so I hope it doesn't disappoint. It feels more like a SNES RPG than anything I've played since those days.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 pierst179

I am finishing Awakening's Paralogues, so I think I will get to Secret of Mana by Monday. I can't wait!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 JordanElek

Any recommendations for three player co-op games on the PC? My brothers and I just finished Left 4 Dead 2, and we're kind of at a loss as to what to play next. Dying Light is the only thing on my radar, but that won't be out until sometime later this year.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 roboccs

Sorry Jordan, I'm not well versed in PC or multiplayer gaming. I feel like I'm the only one here these days that has never been on Steam...

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@JordanElek said:

Any recommendations for three player co-op games on the PC? My brothers and I just finished Left 4 Dead 2, and we're kind of at a loss as to what to play next. Dying Light is the only thing on my radar, but that won't be out until sometime later this year.

on multiple pc's, i assume? any particular genres?

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@starwarsjunky said:

@JordanElek said:

don't know what you've played, but a couple that come to mind:

Borderlands 2, path of exile(F2P), payday 2, and of course FF14 ;)

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 JordanElek

@starwarsjunky said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@JordanElek said:

don't know what you've played, but a couple that come to mind:

Borderlands 2, path of exile(F2P), payday 2, and of course FF14 ;)

They mostly like shooters. We already played Borderlands, I don't think they'd like Path of Exile, definitely not FF14. Payday 2 might be a good one. I'll have to look into it. I know the basics but I don't know the structure or anything.

Thanks for the suggestions. I should say that old games are on the table, too. We usually all just pick up a game when it's on sale for a few bucks on Steam.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 JordanElek

Yeah, Payday 2 looks really promising. I doubt any of us will be willing to pay $30 for it, but I'll watch for a sale. Hopefully my brothers will be interested.

In other news, I beat Rogue Legacy this morning. You guys should play that game. It's a ton of fun, well designed, addictive, not overly long. It was the game I played when I had less than a half hour to play something, and it worked perfectly in that role.

But now I need to fill that role.... I got Spelunky in the winter sale, so I'm going to start that. Hopefully two roguelikes in a row won't be overkill for me.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 haziqonfire

Super Mario 3D World so good.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 pierst179
@haziqonfire said:

Super Mario 3D World so good.

It is an awesome game!

The level design is great and the visuals are stunning. Besides, there is a lot of post-game content and challenge. The final worlds are really hard.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By JordanElek

The moment we've all been waiting for since before we even knew we were waiting for it has FINALLY arrived. I hope you're sitting down and ready for 74% less anger and frustration in this forum because

Jaysonguy has been banned! :D

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Ahe

@JordanElek said:

The moment we've all been waiting for since before we even knew we were waiting for it has FINALLY arrived. I hope you're sitting down and ready for 74% less anger and frustration in this forum because

Ahem.........

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JordanElek

@Jaysonguy said:

Ahe

@JordanElek said:

Ahem.........

Dammit.

The_Grin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#76 The_Grin
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey Nintendo Fans. Tired of people saying things like "Nintendo should just put Mario on another console" or, the "Wii U will put Nintendo Out of business"? I sure don't think so. In my debut blog post I talk about some of the reasons why Nintendo cannot be beaten! Check it out if you are interested and maybe drop a comment.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#77 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Let's see...what to buy for college food? What's good? I don't like Ramen Noodles but I do like Pop Tarts, but I'm into the fruit flavored stuff.

I get 4 boxes of poptarts:

• Fudge Brownie,
  • Cupcake Filling,
  • cookies n' cream
  • chocolate chip cookie dough

It's all good.... but today I discover it takes but the effort of dipping them into chocolate chip cookie dough ICE CREAM that proves life is better than I had previously known it to be!

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#78 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

I was at GameStop earlier and while they have one whole wall of the store dedicated to PS3 Games and another whole wall dedicated to Xbox360 Games, they had a pretty piss poor selection of 3DS games, only having one small rack of them near the back of the store.

I picked up A Link Between Worlds, Hometown Story and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. They didnt have any of the ones I've been wanting to try like Fire Emblem, Resident Evil or Pilotwings.

I did get a Mii through Streetpass though (which is kind of rare for me.) Its some guy named Olaph. Wonder if its the overweight, bearded guy that works there or one of the customers that came in.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 haziqonfire

@Pierst179: I'm on world 5, so far so good but I'm excited to see the post game content!

@Allicrombie: Some games like Resident Evil are pretty cheap on the eShop now too if you don't mind buying digital. That's how I got my copy :P.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By roboccs

@wiifan001: in college I used to love Easy Mac. And how can one not love Ramen Noodles? So good and so cheap!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Jaysonguy

I was a little banned over the weekend

Note to everyone, if you report things on the site there's a glitch that will penalize you for doing it and once they add up you're banned and will have to contact support.

Also another year another AFC Championship game featuring the Patriots. This year they're doing it on the ground, reminds me of the teams back in the day.

Well except that defense, that defense is nowhere close to what they were working with from 2000-2005

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By JordanElek

@roboccs said:

@wiifan001: in college I used to love Easy Mac. And how can one not love Ramen Noodles? So good and so cheap!

And if you have access to an oven, make ham and swiss sandwiches out of two buttered crescent rolls.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By haziqonfire

@Jaysonguy: Who says it was a glitch? Maybe somewhere deep in the code on this site, someone who doesn't like you programmed it to ban you randomly.

It was me

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 roboccs

@Jaysonguy: I expect them to make it to the Super Bowl too. I'm a big Manning fan so I'll be rooting for the Broncos, but I expect the Pats to win. Damn I'm envious of that orgsnization...

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 haziqonfire

So since the Toronto Maple Leafs kinda suck now I'm going to jump on the Raptors are winning bandwagon. Go Raps.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 JordanElek

@haziqonfire said:

So since the Toronto Maple Leafs kinda suck now I'm going to jump on the Raptors are winning bandwagon. Go Raps.

Clever girl...

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 haziqonfire

I was never one for sports hats but I bought a maple leafs one the other day ... why do people leave those stickers on the brim? Looks so tacky.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Allicrombie

Just went a few rounds with Mailer in SSFIV on 3DS, no lag at all. Really surprised.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 haziqonfire

@Allicrombie: yeah the online is great in that game.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 roboccs

@haziqonfire: The Leafs aren't horrible. They're only 2pts from going from the 9th seed to the 5th. Just need to get into the playoffs and anything can happen.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#91 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@wiifan001: Get a slow cooker, seriously. All you have to do is dump ingredients in in the morning, turn it on, and come back later in the day and you've got a delicious homemade meal waiting for you. Little effort, and a ton of cheap recipes with a lot of leftovers!

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 haziqonfire

@roboccs: That's the thing, I don't think they'll even make it. Even if they do, they won't win. They're definitely not playing like a winning team at the moment. They haven't all season, even early on - despite the wins, they slacked off in every game and have been making the same vital mistakes throughout.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 JordanElek

@ttualumni13 said:

@wiifan001: Get a slow cooker, seriously. All you have to do is dump ingredients in in the morning, turn it on, and come back later in the day and you've got a delicious homemade meal waiting for you. Little effort, and a ton of cheap recipes with a lot of leftovers!

This made me laugh out loud because that's exactly what I did this morning. I didn't sleep well at all last night for no reason, so I was still trying to go back to sleep this morning when I remembered that I needed to start the slow cooker around 8 to have lunch ready around noon. That forced me to drag myself out of bed, which was good, because I wasn't going back to sleep.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Xenoblade is so freakin' good! =O

I can't believe i've been pushing this game aside for so long. Last thing I did last night was the battle on Prison Island and supposedly i'm still only halfway through?

Btw, am I missing out on anything important by not doing much of the side missions? I accept all the quests I run into but have only been finishing the 'Kill x monsters' or 'Collect x items' just through regular grinding and exploring. I haven't exactly gone out of my way to do any of them.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Jaysonguy

Roboc I have to say that I think Stafford scared away Whisenhunt.

He was adamant about not working with someone and Whisenhunt now goes to the Titans to work with Locker.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By roboccs

@moltenix: That's awesome that you're playing XBC now too! You're right where the game goes from really good to great! Don't worry about questing, it's a do what you feel game if you ask me. However, I'm on a 2nd playthrough and am doing a bit more of them and it's benifitting me by being leveled up better and getting more loot.

Prison Island is probably my favorite part of that game... Stuff gets real there!!

@Jaysonguy: That's one of the theories out there and I can't argue it. Also, Detroit is where careers go to die so that may have scared him off too!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Jaysonguy

@roboccs said:

@Jaysonguy: That's one of the theories out there and I can't argue it. Also, Detroit is where careers go to die so that may have scared him off too!

Yeah but he also took over the Cards.

I would like the Detroit job because you REALLY have to screw up over a long period of time for them to get rid of you. A solid coach should be able to get the exact team that he wants because he'll have the time.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 haziqonfire

I have a massive list of games, shows, movies and books to get through.

I don't know why I do this to myself.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Allicrombie

@haziqonfire: Your Animal Crossing neighbors are probably all feral by now. =P

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By haziqonfire

@Allicrombie: I've had to pluck out weeds like 4 times now because I don't play for a few weeks. They hate me, and the animal named after my ex-girlfriend won't leave my town. I piss her off every chance I get.