Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

So your defense of "race importance" to you has now shifted to "Ha! It was merely trolling!" Very bizarre. I definitely wouldn't recommend admitting such silly behavior on the forum, as it warrants more specific intervention methods to be applied.

Oh, no. I'm still applying the same logic they used. As they say, if the shoe fits...

Look at my first post in this thread. Those were assumptions, before any details about the shooter were released.

Was I right?

Very direct question.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#152 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

Oh, no. I'm still applying the same logic they used. As they say, if the shoe fits...

Look at my first post in this thread. Those were assumptions, before any details about the shooter were released.

Was I right?

Very direct question.

Yet your prior statement was clearly advising it was targeted trolling, and had an intended effect? How so?

Besides, if you were merely only "using the logic of others" -- why bother with the long winded sidestep? Why bother at all beating around the bush and just be outright? Is that difficult for you?

The prediction regarding the firearm used? Yes, but interesting, do you consider it being appropriate to make assumptions about race if you can equally make assumptions regarding objects?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#153 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Was I right?

Very direct question.

Yet your prior statement was clearly advising it was targeted trolling, and had an intended effect? How so?

Besides, if you were merely only "using the logic of others" -- why bother with the long winded sidestep? Why bother at all beating around the bush and just be outright? Is that difficult for you?

The prediction regarding the firearm used? Yes, but interesting, do you consider it being appropriate to make assumptions about race if you can equally make assumptions regarding objects?

The sidestep was a full-blown explanation to the answer: does race matter? I used that dialog to make three points:

1. Race matters, but for social reasons, not reason intrinsic to the race

2. Mental Health Care is a pharmaceutical industry

3. These things are bad, mmmkay?

Yeah I'm trolling a bit. This is GS. It's in the game.

And you cannot deny there has been more life in this thread than there has been on the entire OT forum for years.

You're welcome.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

C’mon Horgen, ol‘ buddy ol‘ pal. Reopen PG. You’re a chill mod, you know you want to. 😉 Good times I miss.

I am kinda divided on it if it was up to me.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#155 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

There were a lot of warnings about this guy's mental health. He even checked off "have you ever been admitted to a mental institution" trying to pick up a suppressor. He didn't even try to hide it! And his folks warned the sheriff about his declining mental health. That's just wild. Authorities aren't allowed to take guns away in cases like this?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#156  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

The sidestep was a full-blown explanation to the answer: does race matter? I used that dialog to make three points:

1. Race matters, but for social reasons, not reason intrinsic to the race

2. Mental Health Care is a pharmaceutical industry

3. These things are bad, mmmkay?

Yeah I'm trolling a bit. This is GS. It's in the game.

And you cannot deny there has been more life in this thread than there has been on the entire OT forum for years.

You're welcome.

That wasn't the question though, remember, I asked if race mattered to you and specifically in relation towards a violent crime. Is that because it's difficult to address for you?

I'll reiterate the second question though, do you feel it's appropriate--or reasonable--to make assumptions on immutable characteristics based on a criminal act if you can equally make assumptions on the type of construct used to commit the act?

I'm not sure if this thread has had more life than other threads, as it's not something I gauge since time is always a limited factor of mine sadly.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#157  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts

Tragic event. The country needs vastly better mental health care and maybe more research on it.

The United States has one of the highest mental health burdens among high-income countries studied. Structural capacity to meet mental health needs, in terms of workforce numbers and preparedness, is also relatively lower in the U.S. than in other high-income countries.

For gun violence we need significantly more research, especially after it was hampered for years by greedy politicians. The little we do have does somewhat suggest gun regulation should be increased in some ways, but again we still need more data.

What Science Tells Us About the Effects of Gun Policies | RAND

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#158 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

@nod_calypse said:

@br0kenrabbit: Yeah, but that's my point, the flimsy aspect. The rulings, the dialogue, the back and forth ad nauseam is good for forum banter, but doesn't amount to anything ultimately, because at the end of the day, we're still holding, and always will. My block is wall-to-wall jarheads, old heads, brass, and the like. Armed to the teeth. Any given time there's a pack of Pitts or Rotts roaming. All throughout the mid west and near-mid there are neighborhoods like this, endless. If somebody, anybody, wants some, they can come get it. But they never do, be it bureaucratically, or otherwise. Been that way forever, and isn't going to change. We'll keep cracking cocky grins, keep shooting at the range and on our acres, keep training, keep lifting iron, keep strong.

Keep cracking and shootin' up mallls, you know, a Saturday.