A24's next anticipated movie of 2024 aka Civil War!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

kinda surprised no one hasn't posted this yet.

"The so called Western Forces of Texas and California" is what really got me hyped up for this film to be a reality fictional setting. Definitely hype for this as A24 never disappoints. (I'm pretty damn sure this will be a civil thread with no discourse whatsoever😏)

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts

Ugh, I'll watch it, not in theaters, not when nearly 1/2 the US adult population are gun toting morons who think they're all constitutional scholars, who champion despots and wannabe despots, who think it's okay to murder and overthrow government 'cause crazy guy on internet says they're all Satanic aliens. I'll not be surprised one bit if people get shot at screenings of this and A24 should go VOD off at release 'cause frankly if people do get hurt they'll be sued out of existence, and I enjoy them as a a movie studio.

This movie is 15 years too late if you ask me, as a warning sign of where the country is going, we're practically there. We had a coup, a failed one mostly due to the gross incompetence, but so far there's been a disgusting lack if accountability. That's still taking its course, rather underwhelming, most those most those who got convicted already are free because they got the most disgusting white privilege sentences.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@lamprey263: Didn't you hear? That was a red flag operation by antifa, or the FBI, or the CIA, or something.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@lamprey263: Didn't you hear? That was a red flag operation by antifa, or the FBI, or the CIA, or something.

And I'm sure if people get shot watching this in theaters they'll blame it on antifa, FBI, CIA, George Soros, the UN

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39331 Posts

A24 is always an automatic watch.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mattbbpl

This is not usually my kind of thing, but the trailer does look pretty good. I'll have to give it a watch.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#7 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Ugh, I'll watch it, not in theaters, not when nearly 1/2 the US adult population are gun toting morons who think they're all constitutional scholars, who champion despots and wannabe despots, who think it's okay to murder and overthrow government 'cause crazy guy on internet says they're all Satanic aliens. I'll not be surprised one bit if people get shot at screenings of this and A24 should go VOD off at release 'cause frankly if people do get hurt they'll be sued out of existence, and I enjoy them as a a movie studio.

This movie is 15 years too late if you ask me, as a warning sign of where the country is going, we're practically there. We had a coup, a failed one mostly due to the gross incompetence, but so far there's been a disgusting lack if accountability. That's still taking its course, rather underwhelming, most those most those who got convicted already are free because they got the most disgusting white privilege sentences.

Lack of accountability was definitely the most entertaining part of that rant. lol

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

@lamprey263 said:
@mattbbpl said:

And I'm sure if people get shot watching this in theaters they'll blame it on antifa, FBI, CIA, George Soros, the UN

Nah the folks with guns won't see it because Bill Gates will have drug misters installed in the theaters to dose everyone with mercury-laced vaccine.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts

Surprised there hasn't been more movies on this concept.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattbbpl

@robertos: I'm surprised one is being made at all. People complain about politics in their movies when they feature female roles or black mermaids.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@robertos: I'm surprised one is being made at all. People complain about politics in their movies when they feature female roles or black mermaids.

Which is funny. A lot of them probably happily watch Asian martial arts movies where (like how America portrayed Arabs as the worst people in human existence) Americans are typically the worst bastards walking gods green earth. Running theme of Anti-America in shit ton of Chinese movies but they won't bat an eye-lid. Like Ip Man 4 they will simultaneously make it Anti-American, while marketing it with Americans in mind.

Loading Video...

To be fair Ip Man 4's depiction of evil Guile is 200% accurate of rando MAGA.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#12 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Oh look, Tim Pool's *** dream! (Not my joke)

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts

@uninspiredcup: never watched ip man 4 but liked the first 3. Now that I hear about this Maga Guile I will check it out, sounds good

Edit: Watched the video you shared, wasn't as cool as I thought it'd be, they should probably stop making these ip man movies, this one looks silly, looks like they are burning out the series

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SargentD

I've seen several movies by A24 that I didn't like, tbh this trailer looks mid, has A24 ever made a great action movie?

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1407 Posts

Why would anyone want to watch this? The cheap direct-to-dvd look, the bad acting...

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

@sargentd said:

I've seen several movies by A24 that I didn't like, tbh this trailer looks mid, has A24 ever made a great action movie?

Do you mean besides the one that won hundreds of awards last year?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SargentD

@Vaasman: what was it called? It's action movie?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts
@sargentd said:

@uninspiredcup: never watched ip man 4 but liked the first 3. Now that I hear about this Maga Guile I will check it out, sounds good

Edit: Watched the video you shared, wasn't as cool as I thought it'd be, they should probably stop making these ip man movies, this one looks silly, looks like they are burning out the series

The guy playing "evil Guile" Scott Adkins is pretty awesome. He's not like a massive star, most of his stuff is straight to video, but he's awesome in everything.

Loading Video...

I didn't like Ipman3 much, thought it was weak. Ipman typical "JAPAN BAD!" (it's always them or America) and Ipman 2 BRITIAN BAD! (Replace Ivan Drago with rando British bhad man)

It's fine, don't care, it's funny and interesting seeing other countries perspectives than the typically America one we have been forced fed for decades.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:

The guy playing "evil Guile" Scott Adkins is pretty awesome. He's not like a massive star, most of his stuff is straight to video, but he's awesome in everything.

Loading Video...

I didn't like Ipman3 much, thought it was weak. Ipman typical "JAPAN BAD!" (it's always them or America) and Ipman 2 BRITIAN BAD! (Replace Ivan Drago with rando British bhad man)

It's fine, don't care, it's funny and interesting seeing other countries perspectives than the typically America one we have been forced fed for decades.

Best IP man was the first, that final fight over the rice bags was God tier.

Loved the first one. Prefer Ong Bak series 1-3 over IP man. But IP man good.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

@sargentd said:

@Vaasman: what was it called? It's action movie?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11182 Posts

I think I'm good on this one, especially when so many people are keyed up on making this a reality. Pass