Are you ruled by your negative thinking or are more of a positive person?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8778 Posts

So I chose the first video because it's a cartoon and easy to follow. The second is more difficult and literally the only video I could find that says negative thoughts are good. Do you have any thoughts on these? Are you having a difficult time with your emotions? Or are you the king of your thoughts? I would say that I'm a slow learner, it's taken most of my life to try to deal with my negative emotions. It can be overwhelming sometimes. How about you?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23929 Posts

I used to be a pessimist, now I am an optimist.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3480 Posts

Perhaps more on the negative side. Sometimes it's killing me. Why can't I think openly, not worry, procrastinating, not initiating enough, being slow and etc. These all relate to negative thinking!

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By palasta
Member since 2017 • 1397 Posts

Negative goes in, negative comes out.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38681 Posts

used to be the typical "dur, everything is shit, world is shit, all of humanity is shit" kid when i was younger. so much more positive now as a functional adult.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16007 Posts

I try to think positively, but I am still a pessimist. It's just part of my personality; I don't think it can be changed.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7  Edited By Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts

Negative.....

I work in retail ¬.¬

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44575 Posts

Negative, but I'd like to feel more positive. I think the trick is just not to think period. It's easier for negative reactions to happen when our mental and physical energy is expended.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4232 Posts

I sometimes have negative thoughts, I’m not gonna be hahahaha all the time like a clown.

But I’m well aware of that, and I try to be a positive happy person.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59022 Posts

Try to look at things matter of fact.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58344 Posts

Positive!

Used to be negative, but I finally figured out that was not getting me anywhere.

And it really is a negative feedback loop: 1.) negative thoughts lead to 2.) negative emotions which lead to 3.) negative actions, which lead back to the beginning.

Much better to get into a positive feedback loop.

I've found that practicing gratitude has really helped with my outlook.

There are always external factors and they can sometimes overwhelm you, but I'd argue for the most part positivity is a choice, and you should choose it. If not for yourself, then for those around you...because you toxic mofos are really dragging us all down with you.

@Maroxad said:

I used to be a pessimist, now I am an optimist.

Same.

Not to get too hippy-dippy, but I've sort of been working on practicing optimistic or active nihilism. In other words, accepting that life ultimately has no meaning, and it's up to you to find meaning. Or, you know, just enjoy the ride.

For Nietzsche, the archetypal passive nihilist was his old respected professor, Arthur Schopenhauer, who adopted the Buddhistic view that denying the will to live was the path to liberation from suffering.

In contrast, Nietzsche describes active nihilism as a transformative response to the crisis of meaning — the will to power. Active nihilism, according to Nietzsche involves a critical questioning of existing values and the courage to create new ones. It embraces the recognition of life’s inherent meaninglessness (existential nihilism) but sees it as an opportunity for self-empowerment and authenticity. Nietzsche argues that active nihilism can lead to the affirmation of life on one’s own terms and the creation of new values based on individual will and creativity.

Do not confuse it with apathy, or cynicism or whatever.

A lot of far-right folks fall into this. Was listening to Tucker Carlson and the amount of times he sort of said "Well, all things end. The US dollar will be worthless some day. The US government will eventually fade away" and they're not using that as a reason to improve, they're using it as an excuse to regress. Don't do that 😠

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

A bit of both at times. But I do tend to indulge in overthinking which becomes tiresome after a while and drains my energy.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#13  Edited By madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10590 Posts

I have a pessimistic view of the world, but an optimistic view of myself. Nothing really matters, but instead of seeing that as oblivion to fear, I see it as a blank canvas to create my own meaning. I don't concern myself with things I can't control and don't really matter in the end.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 285 Posts

Somewhat of a realist myself but I do go by a belief system that's kind of similar to The Law of Attraction