Bullied by Mods because I got them in trouble

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-64efdf49333c4
deactivated-64efdf49333c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-64efdf49333c4
Member since 2004 • 21783 Posts

I'm sure this will come out sooner or later so I'm going to make sure it's not too one sided.

For 20 years, I've been posting here. I've never gotten any kind of warning or suspension or modding whatsoever. Not for any reason. Ever. The first instance didn't happen until that spamming thing during the Hogwarts Legacy release, but by then I didn't care anymore and I only stuck around for a certain member that has since left the site.

Recently I engaged with a certain mod about sending a message (literally; I just wanted to send a message to someone who blocks all messages; I wanted him to back off from teasing someone). The conversation was entirely tame. I've known these guys for 20 years, so I figured I could rant a bit about a few things while we were talking. I've done it before with them. They've always been cool about it. I then happened to mention I run multiple other communities and everyone always seems to be happy with how I do things.

Well, the mod suddenly blew his top and wildly abused his power without any kind of warning or provocation whatsoever. This was obviously an incident of power abuse and GameSpot community manager Dylan Host agreed with me. He/she removed any kind of "karma" I had against my account or something, I guess it's some kind of background site mechanic, and promised to "have a talk with the mods".

Now I'm suddenly receiving warnings for arguing with people. For 20 years, nobody cared whom I bickered with. Someone got in trouble with their boss...NOW they care.

Someone is obviously butt hurt. Don't let anyone convince you the story is any more complicated than that.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

Screenshotted so they can’t bury the evidence.

Don’t recognize you, mostly post comments on articles?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

@Barighm: You've always been respectful and courteous, even when disagreeing, in the comments I've seen you post.

A shame people take professional issues personally. Moreover, a mod (or any other person of authority here), needs to know when it's time to remove themselves from the equation and just follow the rules. If a mod or whatever gets beat at their own game or in trouble, they need to take their licks and move on. Not be vindictive.

@SOedipus said:

Don’t recognize you, mostly post comments on articles?

That is mostly where I see them, yes.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

Do you know which Moderator and why they might be targeting you in particular? I know you think it's a flex but it might be something else, worth checking in. Just try and see if you can work things out like rational adults.

Only time I've really been in bother with a Mod (who was unnamed) is when I wrote in my first language and it came across as offensive to a Moderator. . . It wasn't, and certainly not the intent. Now I just do my best to translate everything as clearly into the English dictionary as I am able. This is primarily a English language website, so a reasonable given.

Over the years have had a few people be pests and bother me anytime I wrote anywhere, but they usually get banned for being jerks to everyone I don't think a Moderator will go the same way that's why I recommend mature communication. See what's up and what you can do to avoid it happening again without removing your ability to express how you feel on certain subject matters.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

As I mod I can say that I have never been wrong, and never can be wrong. It is simply impossible to be wrong when you are a moderator here at Gamespot. :P

Mods are still users on this site. If you feel targeted by a moderator and getting unfairly moderated, contact customer service.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3449 Posts

I once was banned because I asked a mod if he could stop acting like an idiot, like I would with any random user. Clear abuse of power but whatever.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8441 Posts

The less serious you take this website, the more you "lol" over the serious poster's having a meltdown.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59124 Posts

Well that escalated quickly.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8441 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Well that escalated quickly.

Some people take this site too cereal.

It's like admitting yourself to clown school and then complaining how no one is studying calculus.

Embrace the buffoonery.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44344 Posts

Like dust in the wind. 😅

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@horgen said:

As I mod I can say that I have never been wrong, and never can be wrong. It is simply impossible to be wrong when you are a moderator here at Gamespot. :P

Mods are still users on this site. If you feel targeted by a moderator and getting unfairly moderated, contact customer service.

Are there still active admins or have they disappeared into the woodwork and left the running of this place to the volunteers?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts
@br0kenrabbit said:

Are there still active admins or have they disappeared into the woodwork and left the running of this place to the volunteers?

Truth is, I'm basically the only most active member here on System Wars, I barely see anyone here nowadays. I mean, Stevo, Horgen, TheErica, and me are still alive and kickin. As far as admins go, I really don't see any of them go to Bugs Reporting and Feedback forums. That place is dead and when I see someone making threads, you might not get a response until like next year if ever.

I'll be honest, if SW goes, I will turn in my mod badge and just stick to Twi err I mean X & Threads as I can get gaming news faster than this place could. The reason I still come to GS is out of bad habit.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4247 Posts

@davillain: mutiny!!!!! Heh. Just kidding.

May you rule over Gamespot in a peaceful manner, yet with bigotry that is associated with all mods. :P

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@davillain said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Truth is, I'm basically the only most active member here on System Wars, I barely see anyone here nowadays. I mean, Stevo, Horgen, TheErica, and me are still alive and kickin. As far as admins go, I really don't see any of them go to Bugs Reporting and Feedback forums. That place is dead and when I see someone making threads, you might not get a response until like next year if ever.

I'll be honest, if SW goes, I will turn in my mod badge and just stick to Twi err I mean X & Threads as I can get gaming news faster than this place could. The reason I still come to GS is out of bad habit.

I bet they refer to the forums internally as a 'legacy feature'. 😆

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#17 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

All that just to deactivate your account? Well, that settles the thread then.

Play some Starfield, internet is not that serious.