DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8778 Posts

So this trailer played before Dune part 2. Was met with derision from certain members of the audience. After watching this trailer, what are your thoughts?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#2  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Looks like a fun bit of speculative fiction, though the scenario is far from original. Hell, even I once casually wrote my own "Divided States of America" scenario in my spare time, featuring, among other things, a three-way war over and partition of Ohio. It's just fun to think about.

All about the execution now, though I don't think it will be as edgy as it first promises to be. The movie scene is rather sanitised these days.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts

Texas and California alliance against the federal government? Hmmmmm...if you had asked me about likely scenarios, that'd be far from it ROFL.

Though in hindsight, despite our social differences, Californians and Texas are both rooted heavily in agriculture and have a strong sense of independence. So I guess it's not that far fetched haha.

@madrocketeer said:

Looks like a fun bit of speculative fiction, though the scenario is far from original. Hell, even I once casually wrote my own "Divided States of America" scenario in my spare time, featuring, among other things, a three-way war over and partition of Ohio. It's just fun to think about.

All about the execution now, though I don't think it will be as edgy as it first promises to be. The movie scene is rather sanitised these days.

It's far from original, but sadly a lot of crazies out there think it is "just around the corner".

People are taking inspiration from all sources these days, with nationalists and anti-government nutjobs finding things like Starship Troopers and Helldivers being serious motivators (they're satire FFS!); last thing we need is more fuel on that fire.

I think the idea is fun for entertainment purposes, I just think the timing is a bit unfortunate. We need to get through the 2024 election and 2025 inauguration first. I mean, January 6th did happen...what's the next step up from that? Some would say civil war.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178849 Posts

I think those that do that, and they seem to be from the right, live in a fantasy. While I like war movies, I like those that real, not fake.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

I think those that do that, and they seem to be from the right, live in a fantasy. While I like war movies, I like those that real, not fake.

Definitely a fantasy.

I don't follow comics too serious but this whole premise reminds me of this bit I just happened to see:

Loading Video...

"I don't know if this is fair, but I'm working with a...drone. Got 8 Hellfire missiles...and now they're all dead"

People forget that the [first and hopefully only] Civil War didn't last long and the South was thoroughly whooped, and it should be noted that the argument of 'it's our heritage!" is yet another fantasy since that "heritage" was like....four years out of damn near 250 years of American history.