Do you wear a facemask when you go out?

• 69 results
Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you wear a facemask when you go out? (70 votes)

Yes 57%
No 40%

Hello,

I am curious whether you are wearing a facemask or some sort of barrier when you go outside.

Increasingly, it seems like nations that extensively wore facemasks have a lower rate of infection.

• 
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15930 Posts

Yes.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8778 Posts

I wear one when I go grocery shopping.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

No.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9817 Posts

Haven't seen one yet here in Sweden.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Yes.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#7  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10590 Posts

Nope. Face masks don't actually do that much, due to being just a piece of porous fabric that gets moistened quickly. The best it can do is reduce the chance of you infecting other people a little bit if you have the virus.

Too many people seem to think a piece of cloth strapped to their faces make them immune or something. It is not a substitute for physical distancing and good hygiene.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56143 Posts

I just wear my N95 whenever I enter small buildings such as gas stations just to buy something and leave. Outside, I don't need to wear it, its only good for entering small places when it's crowded with people.

Edit: Its require to wear a mask at work and which is fine, I just order a cool looking mask cause wearing a hospital mask is a pain.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Nope. Face masks don't actually do that much, due to being just a piece of porous fabric that gets moistened quickly. The best it can do is reduce the chance of you infecting other people a little bit if you have the virus.

Too many people seem to think a piece of cloth strapped to their faces make them immune or something. It is not a substitute for physical distancing and good hygiene.

The most common type of facemasks worn across Asia are surgical face masks or medical grade face masks, they're actually composed from three layers. They're not porous unless you have a dodgy one.

But you're right, it does not make you immune, just an extra layer of protection.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

No, I don't think I will get Covid from where I live. (small town), far from anyone effected. I don't deal with customers anymore since the bar's closed, now I'm forced making pizza's/odd jobs (everything from IT to maintenance). Someone had it a month ago and due to the smallness of the town, once recovered. Got evicted and shunned until they moved from the area lol. They were meant to be in isolation as they just came back from holiday, but decided to not follow it. So everyone in town was super pissed.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I have to for work, and if I hit up the grocery store but in all reality I don't think they really do all that much.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1350 Posts

I wear one at work, thats it. Too many civillians went out and greedily loaded up on them and have taken away from those who ACTUALLY NEED them (health care workers and first responders). It is hilarious to see some of these fools wear their little blue gloves and mask into a grocery store to do their shopping and then wear the same PPE into their personal car where they go home... thus bringing everysingle contaminant they were trying to avoid into their car, home and all over their food. Most people do not understand how the gloves and masks are supposed to be used.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Yes, we wear masks if we leave our property. Where I live they've asked everyone to wear masks when they go out so we are complying. My wife found a pattern online and sewed a few masks from some old fabric she had as well as an old pair of denim jeans for the inner lining and she made five total. One for her, one for each of our boys, and two for me so I have a rotation since I'm the designated errand runner. Realistically they don't do much but every bit helps and especially if we get sick we don't want to spread it. It's a minor inconvenience plus on the upshot you can have some fun with it. I've seen people craft some pretty cool patterns. Generally I'd say about 75% of the people I see out are wearing masks, but as mentioned more important is the keeping your distance.

I imagine working at a liquor store has to suck when literally everyone who comes into the store is dressed like they are planning on robbing the place.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Byshop: Our liquor stores are shut down. :( They are now selling it online, but since they have never done it before its a total cluster fk.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9403 Posts

No. I don't go out.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6849 Posts

@davillain- said:

I just wear my N95 whenever I enter small buildings such as gas stations just to buy something and leave. Outside, I don't need to wear it, its only good for entering small places when its fill with people.

I do the same. I put it on as I enter the building, or approach the doors.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

No. I practice good hygiene and maintain social distancing.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

No, I haven't gone outside for a long time. Haven't even seen the sun yet.

DigitalNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DigitalNoodle
Member since 2003 • 324 Posts

@plageus900 said:

Same.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127508 Posts

@DigitalNoodle said:
@plageus900 said:

Same.

Third... Also I wear one for 8 hours or more at work. I don't want to wear one when I leave work as well.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Not yet but my wife just ordered us some online. I'll be sporting the Green Lantern mask.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@horgen: My company is providing us masks for optional wear, however in the clean room where close contact is necessary for safety reasons, my technicians must wear a mask under their bunny suit + a face shield. I ride a desk and yell at my collogues from 6 feet away, so I don't use one.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127508 Posts

@plageus900 said:

@horgen: My company is providing us masks for optional wear, however in the clean room where close contact is necessary for safety reasons, my technicians must wear a mask under their bunny suit + a face shield. I ride a desk and yell at my collogues from 6 feet away, so I don't use one.

We have to wear at work unless we work alone. And half the time or more, people in my department are required to wear one anyway due to work we do.

Honestly work is the last place I expect to get it. It is clean, air pumped in is filtrated, the whole lab have a higher air pressure than the rooms/space outside it. It's not certified clean room, but I think we are C rated in the lab and probably B in the LAF units.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Byshop  Moderator

@vfighter said:

@Byshop: Our liquor stores are shut down. :( They are now selling it online, but since they have never done it before its a total cluster fk.

What is carried in liquor stores for you vs in markets? Here the only thing we can get in markets is beer. Everything else is liquor store territory.

They tried to shut down liquor stores and dispensaries here in Denver as part of the lockdown, but there was a mad dash on both the days before it was to go into effect. It only took them about 3 hours to reverse that decision:

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/03/23/liquor-stores-dispensaries-closing-denver-shelter-in-place/?fbclid=IwAR1ZahLBhXBJdAau_SRlhsaDYb_zW88ADgogQSyYg6VR2v9x9tek47OPwqw

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58345 Posts

Yup. If I don't it's a $600 fine if I read the statement correctly.

Thanks, California.

Also I am still able to work on-site so my company is having us wear them as well. It's awful. I mean I support it don't get me wrong, but god damn wearing a mask is annoying as hell, especially at my job where it's hot, steamy, dirty, and I'm generally breathing hard and sweating a lot.

@Byshop said:
@vfighter said:

What is carried in liquor stores for you vs in markets? Here the only thing we can get in markets is beer. Everything else is liquor store territory.

As far as I can tell, everything.

BevMo, a giant liquor store chain in the US, just got on DoorDash for deliveries. I went on there and looked and they have just about everything: beer, wine, gin, brandy, vodka, scotch, whisky, mixers, even some snacks.

And, thankfully, the cannabis delivery places are still in business and delivering.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10454 Posts

yeah i rock my n95 masks whenever i go to the shop or petrol station. bought some for my family but none of them wear them. ingrates

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

In Honolulu, they enacted a temporary order today that anyone out in public conducting business (going to the store, etc) or riding public transportation must have a mask or face covering. I have something for now, but I ordered a balacalava from Amazon yesterday. Should get it soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Yes and no, yes when I go out to the grocery store but no if I'm outside going for a walk I want to breath in the fresh air while I take a break from quarantine.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Nope....

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

Yes, I wear a mask and gloves when I go out, and I trash the gloves as soon as I leave whatever store I go to. I honestly feel super self-conscious when I walk around a store with a mask on, something I didn't expect to feel, but not getting sick and dying is more important than how I feel about wearing something.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24940 Posts

No. I have no interest in them.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Byshop  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yup. If I don't it's a $600 fine if I read the statement correctly.

Thanks, California.

Also I am still able to work on-site so my company is having us wear them as well. It's awful. I mean I support it don't get me wrong, but god damn wearing a mask is annoying as hell, especially at my job where it's hot, steamy, dirty, and I'm generally breathing hard and sweating a lot.

@Byshop said:
@vfighter said:

As far as I can tell, everything.

BevMo, a giant liquor store chain in the US, just got on DoorDash for deliveries. I went on there and looked and they have just about everything: beer, wine, gin, brandy, vodka, scotch, whisky, mixers, even some snacks.

And, thankfully, the cannabis delivery places are still in business and delivering.

Yeah if it's Cali you're fine but in the US who can sell what varies heavily by state, which is something even people in the US don't always realize unless they make a habit of traveling around a lot. I (used to) travel as part of my job and the first thing I'd have to figure out when I landed is where I was going to find my evening bottle of wine. Some states sell wine is supermarkets and gas stations, while others restrict wine sales to liquor stores only. Some states have privately owned liquor stores, while in others the only liquor stores are actually state government run. Some states allow beer sales in markets, while others only allow 3.2% alcohol beer. In some states it's 3.2% be weight while others it's 3.2% by volume, which is apparently not the same thing. In New Jersey, liquor licenses for restaurants are incredibly expensive so customers are allowed to bring their own bottles and pay the restaurant an "uncorking fee". In Oklahoma, liquor stores are not allowed to carry anything that's not alcohol whatsoever because they were afraid that liquor stores would run convenience stores out of business. You can buy a bottle of wine but to buy an opener you'd need to go to a different store. It's crazy how all over the map it is even within the same country.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#33 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6090 Posts

I work in a grocery store, so myself and all co-workers aren't allowed to wear a face mask of any kind, simply because it makes us grocery workers look like we're sick with something or other. We have to keep 2 metres apart from the customers while as much as possible and keep that distance from co-workers from other departments. Pain in the behind. But any other time I wear a face mask outside work and out of my apartment.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17663 Posts

Grocers in my area require all customers to to enter.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#35 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3640 Posts

It's mandatory now or else it's a $1,000 fine. I been wearing a mask and honestly hate it. I can't breathe with it so gonna buy a cloth mask as these surgical mask look weird.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Byshop  Moderator

@brimmul777 said:

I work in a grocery store, so myself and all co-workers aren't allowed to wear a face mask of any kind, simply because it makes us grocery workers look like we're sick with something or other. We have to keep 2 metres apart from the customers while as much as possible and keep that distance from co-workers from other departments. Pain in the behind. But any other time I wear a face mask outside work and out of my apartment.

That's not a great policy.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#37 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59022 Posts

No need, most people have common sense and actually do keep a distance. Delivery men especially run away like a nuclear bomb is about to go off, kinda funny.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@brimmul777: May I ask what kind of grocery store isn’t allowing their employees to wear masks? That doesn’t even sound legal in this climate. As a customer, I fell safer when employees take precautions as I and many others do.

You gotta think many new cases are streaming out of grocery stores. It’s one of the four establishments that’s allowed to remain open right now.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I'm immune to the virus.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@pillarrocks said:

It's mandatory now or else it's a $1,000 fine. I been wearing a mask and honestly hate it. I can't breathe with it so gonna buy a cloth mask as these surgical mask look weird.

What asshole of the world do you live in?

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

No, it's not mandatory where I live. And in my daily life, there is no need for it yet I think. I go grocery shopping once a week, and besides working, I'm pretty much only at home.

The grocery stores I go to are safe enough. There is a max limit of customers allowed in, and all contact points are well cleaned.

I would probably use one if I were to use public transport.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11106 Posts

If I go to the store or somewhere public, then yes. But I rarely leave. I notice other people wearing them more too. It's more effective when everyone wears them, mainly for keeping the nastiness from going out than in. Unfortunately, many don't still. Conclude you're a carrier, mask up.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 brimmul777

@Sevenizz: I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I honestly think it's silly to not wear a face mask, but I don't make the rules and regulations, I just follow them.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14807 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

@Sevenizz: I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I honestly think it's silly to not wear a face mask, but I don't make the rules and regulations, I just follow them.

Calgary has more than half the cases, and deaths, in Alberta. I work retail too, in Edmonton. It's not required to wear masks but they do encourage it. They certainly don't discourage it. I already have to wear a mask because I work in a sterile room.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 brimmul777

@SOedipus: I work in Save on Foods in Calgary, and to tell you the truth we aren't allowed to wear any type of face masks as long as we are in the store. I have spoken to the store manager myself, he has said that it makes the employee of the store like they are sick with the COVID-19. I know that the management have had the face mask wearing question in their meetings, and have decided it makes us workers look more sick than not. I don't agree with this approach, I think everyone should have to wear it. There is a few co-workers who wear a visor, but no face mask as of yet. My manager said that it scares off the customer more so if they'd see us wearing one. I think it's silly for us not to have to, but I don't make the decisions in the store.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

We have to here. I don’t want to get shot

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points