Elon Musk sues Media Matters for reports of advertisers dropping Twitter/X due to antisemitism

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

@mattbbpl: Did he say there was a Great Replacement happening or did he mention it as an idea that some wackos believe?

Bro isn't even white. Motherfucker must think he's Irish and its post 19th century.

"Perpetratin' like he bangin" - CJ

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@statisticalpc: He said it's a basic plank of the Democratic party platform.

Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-661eae767772c

@mattbbpl: I see. Either he's a lunatic or he's pandering to Trump's base.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 mattbbpl

@statisticalpc: Por que no los dos?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

Link

It is

Loading Video...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By mattbbpl

It's not, but congrats on repeating neo Nazi rhetoric, I guess.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By SargentD
@mattbbpl said:

The Democrat party 100% endorses mass unchecked illegal immigration. It's not nazi rhetoric to acknowledge they are pushing for it. They don't want to secure the border and even allocate resources that cross into the country illegally. It is part of the Democrat platform in the USA. I won't speak for political parties in other countries. But yeah.. it's part of the democrat party platform here in the states. They want open borders and that's what we are getting.

Sanctuary cities are feeling the crunch because of it. (Chicago, NYC, ect..)( which are ran by democrats who endorsed being Sanctuary cities for immigrants who cross the border illegally)

Calling it nazi rhetoric is comical at this point. Just proves democrats have no argument. It's the classic (everyone I don't like is literraly hitler)

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By mattbbpl

@sargentd: Please show me where in the platform they advocate for open borders in order to overwhem white people.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SargentD

@mattbbpl: it's not about overwhelming white people, as much as it is overwhelming Americans with low skilled labor, free votes for democrats that will give them resources, and possibly using them to supplement a declining population that they helped cause.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 mattbbpl

@sargentd: Ok, show me where in the party platform it advocates for open borders?

Although we've already disproven Ramaswamy about the Great Replacement theory, since it hinges on the portion you just threw out.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 SargentD

@mattbbpl: you didn't disprove shit

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SargentD

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-are-massive-hypocrites-so-called-great-replacement-theory-opinion-1708768

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mattbbpl

@sargentd: I didn't disprove it, you conceded.

Also, that Newsweek article isn't the party platform.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By SargentD
@mattbbpl said:

already posted Joe Bidens own words in the video posted above

But yeah this has been apart of the democrat party for a long time

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 SargentD

@mattbbpl: there is a stark contrast

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 SargentD
Loading Video...

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By mattbbpl
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Loading Video...

Goebbels would be proud. You are using a manipulated video stripped of context.

Link

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

I look forward to Disney also pulling their advertisements from Facebook and Instagram.

But I think we all know, they won't.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/06/facebook-content-enabled-child-sexual-abuse-new-mexico-lawsuit.html?taid=65709b7af1c780000124071c&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter%7Cmain

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 SargentD

@appariti0n said:

I look forward to Disney also pulling their advertisements from Facebook and Instagram.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/06/facebook-content-enabled-child-sexual-abuse-new-mexico-lawsuit.html?taid=65709b7af1c780000124071c&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter%7Cmain

None of these companies are about shit. Just pretend/virtue signal for thier own gain

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 SargentD
@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Loading Video...

Link

Tf is a goebbel?? "Manipulated". Nah it's a clip, it's not manipulated.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Link

It is

Not watching that insane far right youtube op-ed.

Are you suggesting the Great Replacement theory is correct? That's a literally an Anti-Semitic conspiracy theory created by White Supremacists and Neo-Nazi, this harshly violates forum rules. Tread carefully.

@sargentd said:

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-are-massive-hypocrites-so-called-great-replacement-theory-opinion-1708768

This is LITERALLY an opinion piece and says so on the top....one from a far right loon damage controlling another far right shooting.

@sargentd said:

@mattbbpl: you didn't disprove shit

That's now how debating works. You still haven't proven your claims. Posting rando far right youtube op-eds ain't it. That's Flat Earther level debate tactics. Do you have studies, encyclopedias, dictionaries, or other high fact sources proving the conspiracy theory you are repeating?

But I'll go ahead and debunk the vile filth you are repeating with a highly valid source:

• Replacement theory | Definition, Conspiracy Theory, Renaud Camus, & Facts | Britannica
  • The great replacement: Strategic mainstreaming of far-right conspiracy claims - Mattias Ekman, 2022 (sagepub.com)
  • The Twisted Logic Behind The Right’s ‘Great Replacement’ Arguments | FiveThirtyEight
Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Is this flamebait?

He never said "and that's a good thing". Just click on his link man, no shot you can be this ignorant:

How Tucker Carlson twisted a 2015 clip of Biden into a conspiracy theory - The Washington Post

“An unrelenting stream of immigration, nonstop, nonstop. Folks like me who were Caucasian, of European

descent for the first time in 2017 will be in an absolute minority in the United States of America, absolute minority. Fewer than 50 percent of the people in America from then and on will be White European stock. That’s not a bad thing. That’s as a source of our strength.”

As the video above shows, this clip takes Biden’s remarks out of context. In fact, Carlson even clips out the first part of the “unrelenting stream” sentence. Biden had started by saying “So the second thing in that black box,” which would have indicated that Biden was midstream in a thought.

He added that “the most important lesson we’ve learned — we don’t always practice it — is that inclusion counts.” Here Biden made a reference to the fact that his Irish forebears were met with skepticism when they arrived in the United States in the late 1800s, encountering signs that said “No Irish need apply” and anti-Catholic prejudice.

“We still have problems,” Biden concluded. “But I’m proud of the American record on culture and economic integration, of not only our Muslim communities but African communities, Asian communities, Hispanic communities.”

Somehow Carlson paraphrased this as Biden saying “that non-White DNA was the source of our strength” — which he declared was “the language of eugenics, it’s horrifying.” But that’s not what Biden said at all. It’s just an invented interpretation by Carlson.

@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Calling it nazi rhetoric is comical at this point. Just proves democrats have no argument. It's the classic (everyone I don't like is literraly hitler)

Searching a term on google and comings up with encyclopedias and dictionaries saying you are directly wrong is a pretty god damn good argument. You're coping.

Replacement theory | Definition, Conspiracy Theory, Renaud Camus, & Facts | Britannica

Hell even the White Supremacists know what this is and are celebrating,

White Supremacists Are Celebrating Vivek Ramaswamy’s ‘Great Replacement’ Rant | WIRED

Members of your own party and leaning proving you wrong lol.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 appariti0n

@sargentd said:
@appariti0n said:

None of these companies are about shit. Just pretend/virtue signal for thier own gain

Yup. They'd advertise with ISIS if the numbers forecast enough profit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By deactivated-661eae767772c

@sargentd: Do you even know what the "Great Replacement Theory" is? Head over to any alt-right social media website and you'll see. They believe there is a scheme to erase the "white race".They try to use an increasing number of mixed-race people as their "evidence", which of course is preposterous.

Messing with these morons is quite entertaining though; I like to remind them that if they aren't blonde and blue eyed (like me)...or if they're Irish, they aren't really white. They lose their minds.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By SargentD
@statisticalpc said:

@sargentd: Do you even know what the "Great Replacement Theory" is? Head over to any alt-right social media website and you'll see. They believe there is a scheme to erase the "white race".They try to use an increasing number of mixed-race people as their "evidence", which of course is preposterous.

Messing with these morons is quite entertaining though; I like to remind them that if they aren't blonde and blue eyed (like me)...or if they're Irish, they aren't really white. They lose their minds.

It's about subverting all Americans, not just white Americans.

The great replacement is of Americans with illegals the government can pay off and easily control.

The great replacement will hurt white Americans, black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Asian Americans.

These people comming in illegaly do not assimalate and don't need too.

They are economic refugees who don't give a **** about our constitution, just want hand outs.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@statisticalpc said:

The great replacement is of Americans with illegals the government can pay off and easily control.

Source? All studies and definitions I can find say it's fake. You're making shit up bro.

@sargentd said:

They are economic refugees who don't give a **** about our constitution, just want hand outs.

Do Undocumented Immigrants Overuse Government Benefits? | Econofact

4 myths about how immigrants affect the U.S. economy | PBS NewsHour

Look I'm not pro illegal immigration, but your statements are factually incorrect. You can attack illegals by using factual information, you're just not doing it.

@sargentd said:

It's about subverting all Americans, not just white Americans.

The great replacement will hurt white Americans, black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Asian Americans.

Do you have proof illegal immigrants are replacing the native born and legal migrant population? That's never been the basis of the great replacement theory and you're making up your own term.

The only possibly accurate data have heard was non whites were going to over take whites in a few decades in US (with no indication of conspiracy), meaning this is entirely about race. You're lying, you even posted a Biden asserting this was about race. This is completely you using the Neo-Nazis version of the great replacement theory, the actual one that Republicans are currently using too.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

So he reinstates Alex Jones account...

Way to ensure advertisers you are trustworthy.

Edit: Also Thunderf00t's videos on Musk never miss. Only problem is, they get out of date so fast. Because Musk continues being a complete buffoon.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By mattbbpl
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Loading Video...

Link

You read the link, right? It lays out how, why, and the purpose of the manipulation in that video clip specifically.

You got caught spreading misinformation created by Tucker Carlson to spread neo Nazi propaganda. Own up to it, recant it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SargentD

@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Loading Video...

Link

You read the link, right? It lays out how, why, and the purpose of the manipulation in that video clip specifically.

You got caught spreading misinformation created by Tucker Carlson to spread neo Nazi propaganda. Own up to it, recant it.

It's a clip of Bidens words. Tucker didn't create it. Biden did by talking

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By mattbbpl

@sargentd: Ah, the PragerU strategy.

Good luck with that. I assume you're smart enough to understand the context after reading the article, so should we presume that you are intentionally spreading neo Nazi propaganda even after knowing that it's false?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@appariti0n said:

Why such investment in Musk?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Maroxad
@LJS9502_basic said:
@appariti0n said:

I have noticed that a lot of people who fall for one grifter tend to fall for multiple.

I don't think it is a coincidence that con artist like Elon Musk shares a lot of fans with grifters like Jordan B Petersson, Andrew Tate, Shawn Baker, RFK Jr. and Donald Trump.

While following disinformation podcasts like Joe Rogan Experience. And often having several unscientific views, like being anti-vaxxer or a climate change skeptic.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 LJS9502_basic

@Maroxad said:

I have noticed that a lot of people who fall for one grifter tend to fall for multiple.

I don't think it is a coincidence that con artist like Elon Musk shares a lot of fans with grifters like Jordan B Petersson, Andrew Tate, Shawn Baker, RFK Jr. and Donald Trump.

While following disinformation podcasts like Joe Rogan Experience. And often having several unscientific views, like being anti-vaxxer or a climate change skeptic.

I'll never understand the philosophy of taking what someone says without any independent research or questioning of motives.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Maroxad
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:

I'll never understand the philosophy of taking what someone says without any independent research or questioning of motives.

Poor critical thinking skills.

The topics Elon Musk touches on are very technical. Most people may have some degree of familiarity with the topic, but people are also way out of their league in said topic so he can get away with woo.

Elon Musk makes outlandish claims, but he says them with such degree of confidence it can be easy to fall for his lies. And because most people don't have a background in STEM, doing the maths on his claims wont really be feasible for most people. And even then, it takes time to do the maths to see how it wont hold up to scrutiny.

However, after him constantly breaking his own promises (worse than Todd Howard). It is hard to see why anyone would still believe him.

It wouldnt all be so tragic if these people weren't so distrustful of the actual experts. And the scientific method itself. So even when you try to correct them, they just accuse you of being a shill for the WEF, big pharma or something along those lines.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Nothing in the full unedited clip mentions anything resembling the Great Replacement Theory's claims...

By the way, why are you vehemently defending Neo-Nazi propaganda? What the hell lmao.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@Maroxad said:

Poor critical thinking skills.

The topics Elon Musk touches on are very technical. Most people may have some degree of familiarity with the topic, but people are also way out of their league in said topic so he can get away with woo.

Elon Musk makes outlandish claims, but he says them with such degree of confidence it can be easy to fall for his lies. And because most people don't have a background in STEM, doing the maths on his claims wont really be feasible for most people. And even then, it takes time to do the maths to see how it wont hold up to scrutiny.

However, after him constantly breaking his own promises (worse than Todd Howard). It is hard to see why anyone would still believe him.

It wouldnt all be so tragic if these people weren't so distrustful of the actual experts. And the scientific method itself. So even when you try to correct them, they just accuse you of being a shill for the WEF, big pharma or something along those lines.

Don't authoritarians train their followers to question everyone else? It's the reason Trump attacks the media and the experts. He didn't want his base to believe the facts.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Maroxad

@LJS9502_basic: Yup.

Shawn Baker in particular tries to pretend that epidemiology is pseudoscience. Until he finds an epidemiological study that supports his narrative.

Makes arguing with anti-vaxxers incredibly infuriating.

As for Elon Musk. Same story. You can use physics, chemistry, to point out that Elon is full of rubbish. But they wont care. Its all some conspiracy to them.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:

Nothing in the full unedited clip mentions anything resembling the Great Replacement Theory's claims...

You guys make Flat Earthers look like geniuses. Also why are you vehemently defending Neo-Nazi point by the way? What a bad look.

Flat Earthers are genius in some ways. They do proper experiments but discard the results.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 appariti0n

@Maroxad said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@appariti0n said:

What are you two even going on about?

I merely pointed out how Disney is taking such a "principled" stand against Twitter, but obviously not against Facebook and Instagram for some reason. I think both of you need one of those "jump to conclusions" mats the dude in Office space invented. 🤣

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 SargentD

@mattbbpl said:

Wtf does that even mean...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Maroxad
@appariti0n said:
@Maroxad said:

What are you two even going on about?

I merely pointed out how Disney is taking such a "principled" stand against Twitter, but obviously not against Facebook and Instagram for some reason. I think both of you need one of those "jump to conclusions" mats the dude in Office space invented. 🤣

A known Musk fanboy on this board using a whataboutism to deflect from Musk's horrible management of Twitter?

LJS asked you why you keep defending Musk, even when he does blatantly stupid and wrong things, such as this.

And then I decided to point out the correlation between support for Elon Musk and falling for all sorts of stupid garbage.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By appariti0n

@Maroxad: If I'm a fan boy, then you're an irrational hater. You piggy backed onto one comment by LJS and went on a tirade about Peterson, RFK Junior, etc. Then implied I have poor critical thinking skills.

Honestly, you come off as petty and jealous. Because you're in STEM, which you never miss an opportunity to mention, and you feel people should be listening to you, over the man who brought EVs to the forefront, space travel, and even rural internet that isn't total garbage.

All while being unable to do something as simple as defining what a woman is, without using the term itself.

And if that seems like a whataboutism, it's really not. It's a litmus test for critical thinking skills, which you've already touched on. If you're ok with circular reasoning, then you can't be trusted on any other topic.

You're a lot like those fundamentalist Christians who cite the Bible as evidence of the accuracy of the Bible.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Maroxad

@appariti0n: Wut?

• Nobody is jealous of Elon Musk. Elon Musk is nothing more t han the next Elizabeth Holmes.
  • What you are doing is whataboutism. A failure on Meta's part to moderate its content is a seperate topic from the fact that Twitter scared away advertisers after Musk HIMSELF applauded an anti-semitic tweet. Especially considering the current political situation.
  • I bring up my background because that is what I base my opinion on. Investors are equally skeptical of Musk. A sophomore physics student will be able to see past Musk's lies. And people shouldnt necessarily listen to me, I specifically talked about maths disproving Elon Musk's claims. If you were to do the maths, you would know that Elon Musk's promises don't hold up. However, the maths, does take a early/mid college physics understanding to properly utilize.
  • The rest isn't even worth responding to.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 mattbbpl

@sargentd said: Fr
@mattbbpl said:

Wtf does that even mean...

I'll show you. Here are some of PragerU's positions. These are all screenshots taken from their videos.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@mattbbpl: PragerU... Anyone takes them seriously? Because those views seems more fitting in a dictatorship where among other things, women has no rights.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 mattbbpl

@horgen: PragerU doesn't actually hold those beliefs, lol. They are a right wing propaganda outlet particularly known for taking videos of out-of-context quotes for misinformation purposes.

I thought I'd provide a fun example of what SargentD is attempting above by flipping the script on them.

"But they said it, it's their own words!"

Their own words are meaningless when you remove context that completely changes the meaning of those words. Which, as my link above outlines, is exactly what Tucker Carlson did to the video that SargentD is attempting to pass off as proof of his argument.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 SargentD

@mattbbpl: I thought you were just showing me how the left can't meme

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 mattbbpl

@sargentd: Nope, I'm showing you how the right generally, and Carlson and you in particular, have become egregiously dishonest in your attempts to support neo Nazi propaganda.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 appariti0n

@mattbbpl: I miss the second guy. I thought he was boring at the time, but he would have been way better than what we've had for the past 8 years in Canada.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Maroxad

@mattbbpl said:

@sargentd: Nope, I'm showing you how the right generally, and Carlson and you in particular, have become egregiously dishonest in your attempts to support neo Nazi propaganda.

It is pretty disturbing. How such a large part of the population have become practically indifferent to facts and reality.

And I very much fear that individuals like Musk give them a false sense of validity.