Future "part of our heritage" moment for Canada.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

lmao

edit: for those that don't know what I'm talking about, "part of our heritage" is a reoccurring thing in Canada where little tidbits of Canadian history are presented in the form of a short, 30 second commercial.

Example:

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts

More news like this! MORE NEWS LIKE THIS!

I feel so much better just reading the headline. I think I'm going to just leave the internet for the remainder of the day (well, except to play games).

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1059 Posts

They teach Canadian history through commercials? That's weird... I would have never learned any history because I don't see ads. Do they force these on Canadian Netflix?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 appariti0n

@mrbojangles25: Amen brother. I think we were all happier when not bombarded with national/world news non stop.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#5 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Turkeys? ... they can be little tyrants!

Loading Video...

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 appariti0n

@girlusocrazy: These were only shown on CBC, which is our crown Corp broadcaster (Canadian broadcasting corporation).

I'm not even sure if we still have them, as I haven't actually watched cable or satellite TV in 25 years. We definitely don't have them on Canadian Netflix.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@appariti0n: Ah I was mostly joking. I didn't know that though. I guess it seems interesting to learn about that stuff but do they not teach it enough in school?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44221 Posts

Yeah that was hilarious. Definitely my kind of news indeed. 😅

Also remember seeing those Heritage moments back in the day. Not sure if they still do that though. Haven’t watched much CBC in awhile.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44574 Posts

I think the Canadian of the Year award should go to the family that moved to Russia to escape all the social acceptance of LGBT people and are now upset nobody speaks English and when they tried to put their money in their Russian bank the money got frozen, and they wanna come back home and made YouTube videos expressing their grief and desire to leave, then made the obvious gun to their head video retracting their previous statements and everything is fine nothing to see there they're staying 🤣

Hosers!

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@lamprey263: That happened? Why Russia? They could have just moved to Florida... They don't care about Putin's war on Ukraine? That's wild...

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@lamprey263: That happened? Why Russia? They could have just moved to Florida... They don't care about Putin's war on Ukraine? That's wild...

If going back in time to Nazi Germany was an option they would have chosen that path. Based upon the interview I watched, these super intelligent people are clearly concerned that they might catch 'the gay'.

Consequently, Russian values of suppressing people through force is not just A-Okay with them...it is preferred. Florida is way too liberal for them.

Personally, I am hoping to laugh at the followup story of the husband getting drafted into the Russian army. That would be fitting karma.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 appariti0n

@girlusocrazy said:

@appariti0n: Ah I was mostly joking. I didn't know that though. I guess it seems interesting to learn about that stuff but do they not teach it enough in school?

They taught history in school, but in all honesty, I didn't pay much attention to history while I was in school, as I thought it was boring and irrelevant. Boy was I wrong. I sure am paying attention now.