Have any conspiracy theories been proven real?

• 68 results
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46483 Posts

Bear with me here but when you hear things like chemtrails, COVID vaccines being full of trackers or 5G being damaging to your health, have any of these mad ramblings been proven true in the past?

Are there examples of conspiracy theories where the weird guy in the street yelling the end is nigh with a 6 month old beard turned out to be right over established societal knowledge?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

The Royal Family are pedophiles. And protect them.

In fact just this Christmas Prince Andrew (with your tax payer money) was enjoying a numnumnum Christmas meal with the gang.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 R4gn4r0k

Ok that one counts, great example.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

I don’t know of any offhand, but I’m sure there’s a few out there.

The larger a conspiracy theory is in scope, the easier it is to discredit, simply by virtue of human nature. People don’t operate like conspiracies would require them to to be successful.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8441 Posts

I remember when those UFO things were a conspiracy theory, but now it's widely publicized.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k

@jaydan said:

I remember when those UFO things were a conspiracy theory, but now it's widely publicized.

Area 51?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jaydan

@R4gn4r0k said:
@jaydan said:

Area 51?

No. I'm talking about this stuff.

Loading Video...

I remember over a decade ago I first saw this stuff, leaked from the dark web. I passed it off as just a conspiracy and fake.

But since then it's been declassified by the government and there's much more footage of these UFO phenomenon's released to the public.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts
@jaydan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@jaydan said:

Area 51?

Loading Video...

I remember over a decade ago I first saw this stuff, leaked from the dark web. I passed it off as just a conspiracy and fake.

But since then it's been declassified by the government and there's much more footage of these UFO phenomenon's released to the public.

I don't think it actually proves real a conspiracy theory, though. The conspiracy theory being that UFO's are alien, not that UFO's exist.

As for myself, no, I don't think any/many conspiracy theories have been proven real. If anything, however, I'm waiting for the truth about whats-his-name (the guy that was a sex trafficker and died in jail) being assassinated in jail and not committing suicide. If any conspiracy theory was real, I think it was that one. Or rather, it's the one that would be easiest to believe.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Lol, many. Off the top of my head:

COINTELPRO

NSA Surveillance (warrantless tapping, etc.)

Operation Ajax

MK Ultra

Gulf of Tonkin

October Surprise

WMDs in Iraq

Operation Gladio

Originally, Watergate was considered conspiracy theory

The Franklin cover-up

Tuskegee Experiment

Operation Paperclip

Epstein Island was talked about for years before the story broke officially

Worldcom

Iran Contra

Fast and Furious

Operation Condor

....and on and on.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jaydan
@mrbojangles25 said:
@jaydan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@jaydan said:

Area 51?

Loading Video...

I don't think it actually proves real a conspiracy theory, though. The conspiracy theory being that UFO's are alien, not that UFO's exist.

As for myself, no, I don't think any/many conspiracy theories have been proven real. If anything, however, I'm waiting for the truth about whats-his-name (the guy that was a sex trafficker and died in jail) being assassinated in jail and not committing suicide. If any conspiracy theory was real, I think it was that one. Or rather, it's the one that would be easiest to believe.

I never suggested these are alien.

I'm just saying that these Unexplained Flying Objects and the legitimacy of these leaked videos were once classified as conspiracy and a hoax. Nowadays governments acknowledge the legitimacy of these videos and they've hit mainstream news such as ABC News.

Ten years ago that was not the case but they were a part of conspiracy circles.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

My favorite is operation snow white.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k

@jaydan: Another great example!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

N.W.O is a thing...people just don't know that yet. (New World Order)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup
@R4gn4r0k said:

Ok that one counts, great example.

Wish wasn't right. It's embarrassing for the country that we have this literal pedo walking around at events waving at people and we're all suppose to play ignorant. Security jump people on the screen if they shout at him.

What's insane as well (partly due to that massive prick Piers Morgan) is that papers, largely ignore this and focus on Prince Harry and his girlfriend who wouldn't **** him.

Like, if you're not from the UK, won't really get it. But they literally spam, spam spam spam spam shit about him in a loop, with nary a mention of Prince Andrew, the child trafficking pedo man. Which the low-IQ Ring-Wingers who by default hate her (because she's black yo and gonna mess up da gene pool!) chomp up.

Completely unrelated photo.

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

MK Ultra was all around disturbing and disgusting.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattbbpl

@davillain: I know that's real. I used to watch it on WWF.

Oh yeah!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44621 Posts

UFO's are still conspiracy theories perpetuated by crackpots. The whole Congressional hearing was an embarrassing nothingburger akin to the other sham hearings the GOP led House has put on in their tenure. Mainstream news covers it because it gets attention and all the guests on pundit panels are people who can only say "can't explain this clip ergo aliens", while countless other skeptics can explain it as birds, other planes, parallax effects, meteors or space debris reentering atmosphere, but those people don't get airtime because news networks gotta sells ads for people's diabetes medications.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mattbbpl

@lamprey263: Have you ever watched that Ancient Aliens show? It's a mess of wild conjecture with impossible leaps in logic, but it's also FUN. Like, if you allow a little portion of yourself to say, "I know that's ridiculous, and there's no reason to believe it's true, but WHAT IF?" Then it's exciting to think about the possibilities.

I think that's what a lot of these truly insane conspiracy theories find oxygen from, frankly. People are having so much fun with them that they shove the little "that's ridiculous," voice to the side to enjoy the moment, and then they just keep sliding down that rabbit hole.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup

Take a drink every-time they say "what if?!!" "Could this be?!!!" "is this, actually?!!"

(dramatic music)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25

@jaydan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@jaydan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@jaydan said:

Area 51?

Loading Video...

I never suggested these are alien.

I'm just saying that these Unexplained Flying Objects and the legitimacy of these leaked videos were once classified as conspiracy and a hoax. Nowadays governments acknowledge the legitimacy of these videos and they've hit mainstream news such as ABC News.

Ten years ago that was not the case but they were a part of conspiracy circles.

Fair enough. With that said, most folks think it's aliens.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@statisticalpc said:

MK Ultra was all around disturbing and disgusting.

Project Monarch is way worse.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16021 Posts

Bohemian Grove. It's a camp of leaders that get together and worship an idol in the form of a giant owl.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#23  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19617 Posts

@nod_calypse: I was going to mention a few of those, but good list.

While many conspiracy theories are false, there have been plenty that were proven true.

We know from history that governments lie and peddle propaganda. Questioning government propaganda is part of critical thinking.

But where conspiracy theorists often cross the line is when they start doubting science. Governments lie, but science doesn't lie.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10493 Posts

@nod_calypse: can you pick one of those and elaborate a bit for the uninitiated? which one's the most interesting?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mrbojangles25

@dracula_16 said:

Bohemian Grove. It's a camp of leaders that get together and worship an idol in the form of a giant owl.

Isn't that actual something that happens?

I know Alex Jones et al think it's this great cult meeting with sacrifices and devil worship, but it's still a meeting of wealthy and influential people, right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah, bro. It happens.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@Macutchi said:

@nod_calypse: can you pick one of those and elaborate a bit for the uninitiated? which one's the most interesting?

Monarch is my thing. But it goes into territory that most people aren't willing to venture. You can look up Clinton's MK apology, but it barely scratches the surface.

Senator John DeCamp (Neb. 71-87) contributed in a huge way to the public knowledge on the topic. He was one of the first to dig up anything about Monarch. This overlapped with Franklin, and everything that went on there. From there, you can jump into Dr D.C. Hammond B.S. M.S. Ph.D. Groundbreaking field research.

Fair warning though. This stuff is disgusting. It will put you in a fucked up state of mind.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

@jaydan said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@jaydan said:

Area 51?

Loading Video...

goose and paralax?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Macutchi

@nod_calypse said:
@Macutchi said:

Monarch is my thing. But it goes into territory that most people aren't willing to venture. You can look up Clinton's MK apology, but it barely scratches the surface.

Senator John DeCamp (Neb. 71-87) contributed in a huge way to the public knowledge on the topic. He was one of the first to dig up anything about Monarch. This overlapped with Franklin, and everything that went on there. From there, you can jump into Dr D.C. Hammond B.S. M.S. Ph.D. Groundbreaking field research.

Fair warning though. This stuff is disgusting. It will put you in a fucked up state of mind.

when i said elaborate i didn't mean cryptically lol. googled everything you posted and came up with nothing specific about monarch

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jag85

I have to give credit where credit is due:

Alex Jones predicted 9/11.

He called it months before that the World Trade Center would be attacked by Osama Bin Laden and that America would use that as a pretense to invade the Middle East.

But that's the highlight of his career. Almost every conspiracy theory he's peddled after that has been false. But he did at least get something right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@Macutchi said:
@nod_calypse said:
@Macutchi said:

when i said elaborate i didn't mean cryptically lol. googled everything you posted and came up with nothing specific about monarch

Not cryptic at all, lol. Literal sources.

Okay, though. Fair enough. Here's a start:

Senator John DeCamp, Nebraska state. Read this book if you're interested. It's a broad issue, with many, many overlapping areas of study. Look into his further studies on Rainbow Programming, Monarch. Going to take some digging. But get through this first (make sure you follow the chronology, starting with Shoppers, the various court dialogues, Monarch discovery, which was updated after publishing, etc.) Don't get scared by the S word. Stick with it, if you want to know.

Then. This. But dude, really, be careful with this stuff. We should really talk privately about this. There are reasons, legality, privacy. But others too. This material isn't safe.

It's all going to be over your head. Like, waaaay over. But the only way to begin to understand this subject is to be thrown in the fire. Take your time, if you're feeling funny about it, stop. Really. It can **** with you. Again, this is just a start. It goes much deeper, to say the least.

This is a talk given by D. Corydon Hammond, Ph.D. Talk to other psychs about this talk in particular: reach out. Not talking google. Really reach out, hit the pavement. People will talk, if they're not afraid. I can give further sources, but take this in first.

Link to content because copy/pasting the entirety of a NINETEEN PAGE speech is the definition of disruptive posting.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Bear with me here but when you hear things like chemtrails, COVID vaccines being full of trackers or 5G being damaging to your health, have any of these mad ramblings been proven true in the past?

Are there examples of conspiracy theories where the weird guy in the street yelling the end is nigh with a 6 month old beard turned out to be right over established societal knowledge?

I think alot of conspiracies become true.

Vaccines being full of trackers sounds like a batshit conspiracy.

But 3 years ago people would call you crazy batshit conspiracist if you said covid 19 was leaked from a lab in Wuhan.. and now that's the leading theory.

The elites going on private islands so they could have sex with minors was seen as a crazy conspiracy.. then epstien came full circle.

What's another one.. oh yeah there was never weapons of mass destruction and the US invaded anyway.

There plenty of conspiracy theories that come true. The difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth in alot of cases can be about 3-5 years lol

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SargentD

@Jag85 said:

I have to give credit where credit is due:

Alex Jones predicted 9/11.

He called it months before that the World Trade Center would be attacked by Osama Bin Laden and that America would use that as a pretense to invade the Middle East.

But that's the highlight of his career. Almost every conspiracy theory he's peddled after that has been false. But he did at least get something right.

He was one of the first to talk about epsteins island being used to traffic minors

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jag85

@sargentd: When did he start talking about the Epstein stuff?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56268 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@davillain: I know that's real. I used to watch it on WWF.

Oh yeah!

At least they predicted what's going to happen alright😅

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SargentD

@Jag85 said:

@sargentd: When did he start talking about the Epstein stuff?

He's been talking about Lolita express for nearly 15 years, i used to think he was full of it.. imo it's one of his Biggest "ef you I was right" moments

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jag85

@sargentd: In that case, that's at least two conspiracy theories he got right. He comes up with so many conspiracy theories that a few of them are bound to land even if the rest completely miss the mark.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#38 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Trump-Russia was said to be a conspiracy theory after Hillary Clinton lost 2016. And yet...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SargentD

@nintendoboy16 said:

Trump-Russia was said to be a conspiracy theory after Hillary Clinton lost 2016. And yet...the muller investigation that went for nearly 3 years found no evidence of Trump Russia collusion to steal the election.. so the media changed the narrative to saying Russian troll farms on social media were influencing people posting memes and disinfo

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By uninspiredcup
@sargentd said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Trump-Russia was said to be a conspiracy theory after Hillary Clinton lost 2016. And yet...the muller investigation that went for nearly 3 years found no evidence of Trump Russia collusion to steal the election.. so the media changed the narrative to saying Russian troll farms on social media were influencing people posting memes and disinfo

They are. And have been doing it for years. Multiple countries do this including China. Right now. They target right-wingers with stuff like "gays will take over", "NATO bad Russia just nice little people", "putin great", "Zelensky on cocaine mansion bad etc..." False, embellished and doctored information.

The idea isn't to convince people, but to muddy the waters with junk. To make the narrative less coherent.

Internally inside Russia it is now a fascist state akin to Nazi Germany. All media is controlled. All dissident crushed. But outside of this, they instead opt to manipulate free-speech to have it work against us.

They use these bots in conjunction with actual people they pay, and (what will term) "traitors" who willingly repeat the narrative.

That's not a conspiracy, it's a 100% thing that happens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_farm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Research_Agency

The Wagner boss who had a plane accident, the guy who admitted the war was all entirely bullshit before going on mutiny was using his blood money to run them.

The obvious target is always MAGAS. They are ludicrously compliant to suggestion. Both China and Russia actively target them.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Interest groups are colluding on social media to muddy and redirect public discourse on stuff.

*Just don't say it was me who told you, okay?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Macutchi

@nod_calypse: wow. ok dude that's slightly more to go off lol.

*looks up at giant wall of text

i had to have chatgpt summarise that for me.

"The Greenbaum Speech" by D. Corydon Hammond, delivered in 1992, focuses on the use of hypnosis in Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD) and its connection to ritual abuse. Hammond, an expert in clinical hypnosis and sex therapy, discusses advanced techniques for treating MPD patients, particularly those subjected to systematic and organized ritual abuse.

Hammond emphasizes the complexity of MPD, noting that standard therapeutic approaches often only address surface-level issues, leaving deeper, more intricate programming untouched. He reveals that many MPD cases involve sophisticated mind-control techniques, some of which trace back to Nazi scientists and doctors brought to the U.S. after WWII. These techniques include extensive programming using drugs, hypnosis, and trauma to create dissociative states and control victims.

A key part of Hammond's speech is his detailing of specific programming types named after Greek letters (Alpha, Beta, Delta, Theta, Omega), each associated with particular behaviors or roles, such as sexual programming or self-destruct programming. He suggests that this programming is often deeply embedded and protected by layers of psychological defense mechanisms.

Hammond also discusses the challenges in deprogramming and integrating these complex MPD cases. He stresses the importance of careful, patient-specific approaches, warning of potential risks like programmed self-harm or external threats to therapists. He shares techniques he's found effective, including addressing deep-level programming directly, using ideomotor responses, and carefully working through each programming layer.

Despite the grim nature of the topic, Hammond expresses hope in the potential for recovery through intensive, specialized therapy. He acknowledges, however, that many victims may never fully recover, especially if ongoing external influences from abusers persist.

In conclusion, Hammond's speech serves as a call to action for mental health professionals to recognize and address the depth and severity of ritual abuse and mind control in MPD patients. He highlights the need for specialized knowledge and approaches to treat these deeply traumatized individuals effectively.

it does actually sound like something out of the x-files. not sure i want to delve any deeper, can imagine it gets more and more grim the further you dig. would've been good for you to summarise how dark it gets, even if the material isn't safe in your view (spoiler it lol), instead i've got all the work to do to see if it's true

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

@Jag85: A lot of science is based on assumptions. So the point that science can't lie is a fallacy.

Doubt everything. The truth is out there. You should critically validate all scientific claims before believing in them.

There are some scientific theories prevalent today and that people blindly believe in similar to any religion that I found after digging deep to be based on unproven and rather false assumptions. I won't go into lengthy debate about them. But to give you a hint, they relate to climate change, vaccines, evolution, and gender ideology.

I have passed all my doctoral courses (17+) relating to social and health sciences, and I know that many scientists are pressured by agencies mainly donors to hide facts and put forward biased and false views by manipulating data to arrive at the wrong conclusion. The assumptions of some prevalent theories are wrong and biased.

I suggest all of you also go for doctoral programs so that you can critically analyze all claims and come to the truth that many agencies don't want you to know for political reasons.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SargentD

@uninspiredcup: Russians sharing memes and pics on face book (troll farms)

Was not the narrative forced on us 24/7 365 days durring that whole "Trump Russia Collusion" some of these idiots were saying Donald Trump was a damn Russian spy, that he directly hacked the damn voting machines with Russia. This was all a bunch of BS pushed by Hillary Clinton

Your missing my point. I know there are troll farms, there are troll farms from China too, there are troll farms everywhere, and they also shared weird memes and of stuff about other candidates not just Trump.

But to Go from Trump colluded with the Russians to steal the election, to "we found troll pages on Facebook based out of Russia.

That's a pretty big Stupid leap

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 uninspiredcup

@sargentd said:

Was not the narrative forced on us 24/7 365 days durring that whole "Trump Russia Collusion" some of these idiots were saying Donald Trump was a damn Russian spy, that he directly hacked the damn voting machines with Russia. This was all a bunch of BS pushed by Hillary Clinton

Your missing my point. I know there are troll farms, there are troll farms from China too, there are troll farms everywhere, and they also shared weird memes and of stuff about other candidates not just Trump.

But to Go from Trump colluded with the Russians to steal the election, to "we found troll pages on Facebook based out of Russia.

The very first line of your post is an attempt to diminish and excuse them.

It's the first priority of your post, above all.

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:

Loading Video...

Again

Completely missing the point

Loading Video...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jag85
@danishanwar said:

@Jag85: A lot of science is based on assumptions. So the point that science can't lie is a fallacy.

Doubt everything. The truth is out there. You should critically validate all scientific claims before believing in them.

There are some scientific theories prevalent today and that people blindly believe in similar to any religion that I found after digging deep to be based on unproven and rather false assumptions. I won't go into lengthy debate about them. But to give you a hint, they relate to climate change, vaccines, evolution, and gender ideology.

I have passed all my doctoral courses (17+) relating to social and health sciences, and I know that many scientists are pressured by agencies mainly donors to hide facts and put forward biased and false views by manipulating data to arrive at the wrong conclusion. The assumptions of some prevalent theories are wrong and biased.

I suggest all of you also go for doctoral programs so that you can critically analyze all claims and come to the truth that many agencies don't want you to know for political reasons.

I agree that scientific theories can be wrong... But the scientific method doesn't lie.

According to the scientific method, no scientific theory is infallible but they should all be subject to doubt and scrutiny. However, the people doubting scientific theories should at least be qualified to do so and conduct their own scientific studies published in peer-reviewed journals. This is not the case with most conspiracy theorists, who are usually laymen with no qualifications in the field and no peer-reviewed papers to their name.

I've always said that politicians lie. This is why politics should always be kept separate from science. When political institutions start meddling in science, then the science can be compromised. This is why I don't take "popular science" too seriously, because that's often subject to political interference. The best place to look for accurate scientific research is peer-reviewed journals, which don't always align with what "popular science" says.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mrbojangles25

@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:

Again

You're part of the Russian Troll Farm!😑

CONSPIRACY THEORY PROVEN!😲

MODS! SUMMON THE BANHAMMER!!!!😡

😋

joking

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SargentD

@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:

Again

You're part of the Russian Troll Farm!😑

CONSPIRACY THEORY PROVEN!😲

MODS! SUMMON THE BANHAMMER!!!!😡

😋

joking

Basically lol

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mrbojangles25
@nod_calypse said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah, bro. It happens.

And therein is the fallacy of conspiracy theories. As they say "all great lies are mostly truth".

Yes, rich and influential people meet. Sometimes they like to go camping (well, "glamping") in the woods.

"Oooooooh the woods?" say the nutjob "You know who else goes in the woods? PAGANS!"

"Pagans?" echoes the other nutjob, clutching their bible "Aren't those basically devil worshippers?"

"Might as well be" says the third "They probably make blood pacts and sacrifice children!"

And there we go. Conspiracy theory made. Because rich people going camping must be worse than just rich people going camping 😋😂

-----

Look I'm not saying bad, crazy things don't happen. Agent Orange happened. MK Ultra happened. US toppling democratically elected governments happened.

But that's just Murphy's Law in effect, not some huge sinister agenda. If you read up about some of history's monsters, you'll find that these people were basically also nutjobs that were allowed the fail upward and/or they existed in a time and place that gave their baser instincts fertile ground to blossom in (as opposed to a normal time where they'd be crushed).

It's why critical thinking skills have never been more necessary in our education. There's a lot of intelligent people out there, many of whom have active minds that contribute to conspiracy theories, but they lack the wisdom or the know-how to think critically.

It's why K-12 education in the US is is such dire shambles. Sure, you might know what an imaginary number is, but can you think rationally? Can you remove your emotions from the equation and decide what is likely true? What's likely fiction?

There aren't lizard people. There are just Yale-educated man-children with powerful connections that get placed into the CIA during the Cold War and have a near-infinite budget and an obsession with hypnotism that are allowed to indulge their sociopathic whims.