Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6977 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@silentchief said:
@Vaasman said:

I don't know why you guys need to be told this so much but 'loudmouth' is not a legally protected demographic.

They protect progressive loudmouths all the time.

Please demonstrate with examples the amount of people that successfully sued because they were fired for expressing liberal ideology. Keep in mind that does not include successfully suing for racial or sexual discrimination.

They would never be fired for expressing liberal ideology, that's the entire point.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts
@silentchief said:
@Vaasman said:

Please demonstrate with examples the amount of people that successfully sued because they were fired for expressing liberal ideology. Keep in mind that does not include successfully suing for racial or sexual discrimination.

They would never be fired for expressing liberal ideology, that's the entire point.

Oh okay that's sure convenient even though it actuallyhappensall thetime.

Admit it, you just want troll to be a protected demographic, which it's not.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Silentchief
@Vaasman said:
@silentchief said:
@Vaasman said:

That's the oldest scap goat there is and exactly why you don't hire people like him. The reality is he sucked at his job and then claimed it was because he was to gay, liberal and trans.

Google is one of the most leftwing companies on the planet. But when you hire people for the purpose of DEI and they fail to perform the first thing they are going to do is blame you for discrimination.

Compare that to This

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

@silentchief said:
@Vaasman said:

That's the oldest scap goat there is and exactly why you don't hire people like him. The reality is he sucked at his job and then claimed it was because he was to gay, liberal and trans.

Google is one of the most leftwing companies on the planet. But when you hire people for the purpose of DEI and they fail to perform the first thing they are going to do is blame you for discrimination.

Guess you didn't realize that is actually 4 links, but it doesn't matter really. Are you going to provide an answer to my original request, or just keep dodging it because you know I'm right?

@Vaasman said:

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Silentchief
@Vaasman said:
@silentchief said:
@Vaasman said:

Guess you didn't realize that is actually 4 links, but it doesn't matter really. Are you going to provide an answer to my original request, or just keep dodging it because you know I'm right?

@Vaasman said:

Your question doesn't even help your argument. I would wager most if not all were never actually fired for their liberal ideology.

As for your teacher argument that greatly has to do with the city and school district your in and can swing both ways.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59124 Posts
@silentchief said:

If it's for children then why did what she say matter? Do kids dictate if they get their Covid vaccine?

The problem with me is the hypocrisy. If they want to can people for talking about social and political issues that's fine but if your only going to choose one side of the issue that's text book discrimination.

I'm not sure why this has two pages of such debate. Very odd.

1. Childrens show

2. Person on childrens show saying batshit insane stuff

3. We no longer want to work with you

*shrug*

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

@silentchief said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. This case won't go far.

@BassMan said:

Cancel culture and woke madness needs to end. I am behind Gina and she should be free to say what she wants without people misinterpreting it and spinning it. She seems like a legit good person. I think people need to stop getting butthurt over nothing and need to stop looking for excuses to point fingers at people. Everybody needs to chill and stop trying to push stupid agendas.

Not sure if it's cancel culture and wokeness, just a company firing an employee for saying things that could damage their reputation. Well within their rights. I think her talent agency fired her first as well. Don't say stupid things about the Holocaust on social media? Shit, that's kind of a no brainer for decades now.

Hell, I can't think of many serious companies I could work at that wouldn't fire me for saying the same stuff. I would be more surprised if they didn't fire her.

Freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequences.

The problem is they let other actors say Batshit insane things without consequence. So that is the defenition of discrimination.

Wasn't what she was promoting something that could basically kill people or at least heighten the risks (covid)?

To reiterate, Starwars is for children. That's the audience it was intended for.

It's not 2004's BattleStar Galactica, it's a frickin children's franchise. And kids follow these people on social media, they are on set and off image representing the brand. They have a responsibility outside of that work place as it directly reflects back onto the brand.

I find it weird even an argument here. Though I agree in general, celebs mouthing off on social media is cringe.

Though willing to bet if this was someone (hypothetically) promoting feminisms or gay rights and got fired for it, everyone jumping on the sword for Gina would suddenly go mute or cheer Disney and Musk wouldn't be funding them.

If it's for children then why did what she say matter? Do kids dictate if they get their Covid vaccine?

The problem with me is the hypocrisy. If they want to can people for talking about social and political issues that's fine but if your only going to choose one side of the issue that's text book discrimination.

The general practice of allowing traditional conservatives, moderates, and liberals to express their opinion and discuss it...

...and punishing far-right nutjobs, crazies, and bigots for expressing theirs...

...that's not hypocrisy. That's progress. That's how things should work.

I'm sorry I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but why is this so difficult to practice?

Discussing the pros and cons of vaccines in a historical and objective sense is fine. There are plenty of points that favor being both stances, however there are far far far more points in favor of vaccines...that isn't hypocrisy, that's just data. When you argue against that by making up lies, and you get told to STFU and fired for it....that's not hypocrisy, that's justice. That's how things should work.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Vaasman said:
@silentchief said:
@Vaasman said:

I don't know why you guys need to be told this so much but 'loudmouth' is not a legally protected demographic.

Hey that's cheating! That's not common-sense, moderate, civil rights values! That's far-left WOKE CULTURE! How will I make my argument if I can't claim that moderate values are part of a global conspiracy!

🤣🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Silentchief

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Vaasman said:
@silentchief said:
@Vaasman said:

Hey that's cheating! That's not common-sense, moderate, civil rights values! That's far-left WOKE CULTURE! How will I make my argument if I can't claim that moderate values are part of a global conspiracy!

🤣🤣

Stop kidding yourself. 🤣🤣

Having people in positions of power saying " they will not hire straight white men" and that they are specifically looking for people from under represented communities are not moderate values. I don't know if this is an attempt from you to play ignorant are if you honestly believe the drivel you're typing.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

Are Republicans no longer advocates of at will employment? If not, perhaps they could cobble together a bipartisan coalition on the matter.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mrbojangles25

@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Vaasman said:
@silentchief said:
@Vaasman said:

🤣🤣

Stop kidding yourself. 🤣🤣

Having people in positions of power saying " they will not hire straight white men" and that they are specifically looking for people from under represented communities are not moderate values. I don't know if this is an attempt from you to play ignorant are if you honestly believe the drivel you're typing.

Hey man, pobody's nerfect.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Silentchief
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. This case won't go far.

Not sure if it's cancel culture and wokeness, just a company firing an employee for saying things that could damage their reputation. Well within their rights. I think her talent agency fired her first as well. Don't say stupid things about the Holocaust on social media? Shit, that's kind of a no brainer for decades now.

Hell, I can't think of many serious companies I could work at that wouldn't fire me for saying the same stuff. I would be more surprised if they didn't fire her.

Freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequences.

The problem is they let other actors say Batshit insane things without consequence. So that is the defenition of discrimination.

Wasn't what she was promoting something that could basically kill people or at least heighten the risks (covid)?

To reiterate, Starwars is for children. That's the audience it was intended for.

It's not 2004's BattleStar Galactica, it's a frickin children's franchise. And kids follow these people on social media, they are on set and off image representing the brand. They have a responsibility outside of that work place as it directly reflects back onto the brand.

I find it weird even an argument here. Though I agree in general, celebs mouthing off on social media is cringe.

Though willing to bet if this was someone (hypothetically) promoting feminisms or gay rights and got fired for it, everyone jumping on the sword for Gina would suddenly go mute or cheer Disney and Musk wouldn't be funding them.

The general practice of allowing traditional conservatives, moderates, and liberals to express their opinion and discuss it...

...and punishing far-right nutjobs, crazies, and bigots for expressing theirs...

I'm sorry I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but why is this so difficult to practice?

Discussing the pros and cons of vaccines in a historical and objective sense is fine. There are plenty of points that favor being both stances, however there are far far far more points in favor of vaccines...that isn't hypocrisy, that's just data. When you argue against that by making up lies, and you get told to STFU and fired for it....that's not hypocrisy, that's justice. That's how things should work.

She isn't a far right nutjob 🤣🤣.

This is a problem with modern progressives. If you are right on any issue they classify you as some Nazi.

They have had multiple people under contract that have spouted far left nonsense with no repercussions.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:
@uninspiredcup said:

They have had multiple people under contract that have spouted far left nonsense with no repercussions.

Yeah but like saying dumb shit about the holocaust is different than saying some Maga are Nazis when there are literal pictures of some Maga being Nazis. With swastikas and everything lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mrbojangles25

@silentchief said:

This is a problem with modern progressives. If you are right on any issue they classify you as some Nazi.

Sorry, but doing the following makes you far-right in my books:

• Perpetuating voter fraud conspiracies
  • Making fun of civil rights causes
  • Playing the victim card (comparing oneself to Holocaust victims) when you're a single, rich, white person of incredible success and wealth.
  • Perpetuating COVID/vaccine conspiracy theories, and being anti-mask

Additionally, following her termination, she was courted by far-right media outlets and her court case is being funded by Elon Musk, another far-right nutjob.

Look, as I said, I want to like Gina Carano; she seems like she is a nice person in her day-to-day, and while she wasn't a great actor, she was very entertaining. But her values clearly skew to the far-right (or she feels it gains her the kind of attention she wants) and that is pretty terrible in this day.

If she isn't a full-blown MAGA nutjob, she is at least MAGA-curious 😋She is also fairly ignorant as there are better ways to make her points.

What folks need to do is find more productive ways to discuss their unpopular opinions. You catch more flies with honey, as they say.

So maybe if you don't want to wear a mask, say way. If someone throws science at you as to why you should, maybe find a reason (if there is any) to counter it. Don't align with conspiracy theorists.

There's a contrarian, antagonistic streak to people on the far-right and if they could just shift away from that and make their points without being extremist assholes, we might actually make some progress. And if you want to make the far-left actually look like the bad guys, maybe stop being so far to the right.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By mrbojangles25

@robertos said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah but like saying dumb shit about the holocaust is different than saying some Maga are Nazis when there are literal pictures of some Maga being Nazis. With swastikas and everything lol.

ROFL yeah, can't forget about the LITERAL nazis. I always kind of forget this.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Silentchief

@robertos said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:
@uninspiredcup said:

He linked Trump losing in 2020 to the Nazi's and confederacy losing. There was no " some" about it. He was linking the movements as they were all the same.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@silentchief: Take the L. No employer should be forced to employ someone who damages their brand. Period. Stop making everything about your tribalism.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Silentchief
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:

Sorry, but doing the following makes you far-right in my books:

• Perpetuating voter fraud conspiracies
  • Making fun of civil rights causes
  • Playing the victim card (comparing oneself to Holocaust victims) when you're a single, rich, white person of incredible success and wealth.
  • Perpetuating COVID/vaccine conspiracy theories, and being anti-mask

Additionally, following her termination, she was courted by far-right media outlets and her court case is being funded by Elon Musk, another far-right nutjob.

Look, as I said, I want to like Gina Carano; she seems like she is a nice person in her day-to-day, and while she wasn't a great actor, she was very entertaining. But her values clearly skew to the far-right (or she feels it gains her the kind of attention she wants) and that is pretty terrible in this day.

If she isn't a full-blown MAGA nutjob, she is at least MAGA-curious 😋She is also fairly ignorant as there are better ways to make her points.

What folks need to do is find more productive ways to discuss their unpopular opinions. You catch more flies with honey, as they say.

So maybe if you don't want to wear a mask, say way. If someone throws science at you as to why you should, maybe find a reason (if there is any) to counter it. Don't align with conspiracy theorists.

There's a contrarian, antagonistic streak to people on the far-right and if they could just shift away from that and make their points without being extremist assholes, we might actually make some progress. And if you want to make the far-left actually look like the bad guys, maybe stop being so far to the right.

Calling out ridiculous DEI standards is making fun of Civil rights causes?

That's not what she's doing but when certain leftist see or hear the word " Holocaust" they lose all ability to think critically.

You on your 8th booster? And ohhh no! Being anti mask? Coming from the group that still wears them in their car in 2024?

This is how far left you are. That the green energy billionaire who's been a liberal his entire life is now a " far right " nutjob. Do you hear yourself?

The far left will gaslight you into oblivion. The mask thing is a perfect example. I mean if they wanted to use science you could admit that wearing mask outdoors was completely useless. But no the left couldn't do that. They demanded you wear it all the time even at home and in your car 🤣.

People tried to be kind and the far left ran them over. Any deviation from their belief is considered " hate and intolerance " . At some point you gotta fight fire with fire and that's where we're at now.

Regardless multi billion dollar corporations need to be consistent.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Silentchief

@LJS9502_basic said:

@silentchief: Take the L. No employer should be forced to employ someone who damages their brand. Period. Stop making everything about your tribalism.

They have already damaged their brand pandering to progressive nutjobs. Nice try though.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mrbojangles25

@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

They have already damaged their brand pandering to progressive nutjobs. Nice try though.

Is that why Ron DeSantis came crawling back to Disney on his hands and knees? "Please don't leave Florida!"

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Silentchief
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Is that why Ron DeSantis came crawling back to Disney on his hands and knees? "Please don't leave Florida!"

Do you enjoy making shit up? Ron DeSantis has Disney by the balls and they aren't going anywhere. Not only that they just Lost both their Countersuites.

Relocating from Florida would cost them Billions.