This topic is locked from further discussion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

The GOP is dead. Trump killed it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Yep. I'm sure another loser will take his place. Quite a good day. McCarthy removed and trump under a gag order.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts

Thank you Bob Good and Matt!!! Love it. ❤️

McBarfy deserves to go. Don't let the door hit ya on the ass bud

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Link for those that want to read about it.

And another link. And one more.

Jesus H. Christ. Knew this was a possibility but didn't think it'd happen.

Not sure how I feel about this.

McCarthy might have been a complete doofus but at the very least he was at least somewhat of a traditional Republican, and not like these alt-right RINO's. Can't wait to see who replaces him.

@sargentd said:

You realize the democrats supported this. So you are supporting something that pretty much only Democrats voted for and only a few GOP folks did.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SargentD
@mrbojangles25 said:

Link for those that want to read about it.

And another link. And one more.

Jesus H. Christ. Knew this was a possibility but didn't think it'd happen.

Not sure how I feel about this.

McCarthy might have been a complete doofus but at the very least he was at least somewhat of a traditional Republican, and not like these alt-right RINO's. Can't wait to see who replaces him.

@sargentd said:

You realize the democrats supported this. So you are supporting something that pretty much only Democrats voted for and only a few GOP folks did.

Democrats have to by default. Or they would have to answer to thier constitutes on why they voted for a republican sspeaker.they didn't vote for him the first time either.

Technically democrats "could have" saved McBarfy if they wanted too. But not unless they were going to get something.

I dont like the guy so I'm stoked to see him humiliated again and booted as speaker. The only reason this could happen anyway was from the agreement he had with the freedom caucus the first time.

He didn't keep his word so byebye mcbarfy.

Democrats should maybe thinking of holding thier party accountable some time.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Even from a Dem perspective he had to go. He made a deal months ago, backed out of it, and then publicly blamed the Dems for almost causing the shutdown.

He'd lost all trust. If you can't trust a speaker to abide by the deals he makes, then he serves no purpose. His entire role is that of a mediator.

The next person may be worse ideologically, but it's hard to be worse functionally.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mattbbpl

@sargentd: Hold them accountable for what, exactly?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SargentD
@mattbbpl said:

@sargentd: Hold them accountable for what, exactly?

For anything Democrat leadership says they will fight for and then end up not doing it, when they said they were.

Just talking in general terms. I don't get why democrats think that the democrats voting and moving in absolute lockstep is good or healthy. It just means they are a controlled herd.

I remember when progressives pretended the "squad" would be that for dems... look how that turned out

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mattbbpl

@sargentd said:

For anything Democrat leadership says they will fight for and then end up not doing it, when they said they were.

And what was that, in this case?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7326 Posts

@sargentd: The way our Congress is set up, the party needs to come together behind someone who can perform basic functions. And that generally means accepting no one is going to get everything they want. Not sure what Matt Gaetz thinks he's going to get when there are only about a dozen people on the same page he is. The next guy will have to make deals with Democrats too sometimes.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@judaspete said:

@sargentd: The way our Congress is set up, the party needs to come together behind someone who can perform basic functions. And that generally means accepting no one is going to get everything they want. Not sure what Matt Gaetz thinks he's going to get when there are only about a dozen people on the same page he is. The next guy will have to make deals with Democrats too sometimes.

Parties are supposed to work together. I don't know why that's now considered a negative by the maga rinos.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SargentD
@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:

I'm sorry not sure what your asking. are you asking me what McCarthy didn't do/ did do to get canned?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattbbpl

@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:

I'm sorry not sure what your asking. are you asking me what McCarthy didn't do/ did do to get canned?

No, I'm asking you what you want Democrats to be held accountable for from this.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SargentD

@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:
@mattbbpl said:
@sargentd said:

No, I'm asking you what you want Democrats to be held accountable for from this.

You misunderstood me. My point is that the Democrat party seems to never have any defectors. Whether Pelosi or Jeffries. They just vote how they are told by who's in charge. Was speaking in general terms

As far as this particular situation with the freedom caucus and McCarthy. It has little to do with democrats at all. This is a battle for the right to straighten out. So as far as what "I want democrats to be held responsible for" nothing because I'm not going to vote for them. More of saying democrats promise shit like student loan forgiveness for example, don't deliver, never push back or say anything, the herd moves on.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mattbbpl

@sargentd: Ooooooooh, lol. You've never heard of Manchin or Sinema.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SargentD

@mattbbpl: Manchin still gives democrats what they want. He just wants to gain something personally for his vote. But in the end he gives them his vote. Just like in the "inflation reduction act" which is nothing more than another fat bloated spending bill

Imagine progressives actually pushing Pelosi out of her job. That's a whole other beast. We just witnessed that.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By judaspete

@LJS9502_basic: Yeah. Modern GOP forgets guys like Reagan were effective because he worked well with Democrats. The tax reforms of the 80's they loved so much were a bipartisan effort. Hell, we had a ballanced budget in the 90's because Gingrich and Clinton got their parties to negotiate a bunch of deals together. That's just how things work here in a Repuplic. Screaming about red-lines gets you a buncha nothin'.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SargentD

@judaspete said:

@LJS9502_basic: Yeah. Modern GOP forgets guys like Reagan were effective because he worked well with Democrats. The tax reforms of the 80's they loved so much were a bipartisan effort. Hell, we had a ballanced budget in the 90's because Gingrich and Clinton got their parties to negotiate a bunch of deals together. That's just how things work here in a Repuplic.

The reason McCarthy lost his job is because he refused to try and actually balance the budget, democrats refuse to as well. So they were working together neglecting it. That's quite some "bipartisanship" He deserves to be let go.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mattbbpl

@sargentd: Oh, if your argument is that the GOP is more dysfunctional than the Democrats currently, yeah, it's not close. I think you're viewing their unity with rose colored glasses, but at least they're not the Republicans right now.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SargentD

@mattbbpl said:

@sargentd: Oh, if your argument is that the GOP is more dysfunctional than the Democrats currently, yeah, it's not close. I think you're viewing their unity with rose colored glasses, but at least they're not the Republicans right now.

Atleast they are kicking out the scum instead of making out with it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@sargentd: "Imagine progressives actually pushing Pelosi out of her job. That's a whole other beast. We just witnessed that."

Except, Pelosi was exceptionally great at the job of being Speaker. Not even you would argue that McCarthy was a good Speaker.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SargentD

@Serraph105 said:

@sargentd: "Imagine progressives actually pushing Pelosi out of her job. That's a whole other beast. We just witnessed that."

Except, Pelosi was exceptionally great at the job of being Speaker. Not even you would argue that McCarthy was a good Speaker.

She was horrible lol...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@sargentd: that's like me arguing that McConnell is bad at being the majority leader in the Senate. I hate him, sure, but he's exceptionally good at getting what he wants.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts

@mrbojangles25: He could make a deal with dems now: normal reps support dems when it's time to vote, dems support him to get his post back.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

It is the platform of the Republican party to demonstrate by their own example that the government is incompetent and gets nothing done.

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

Good. Let the clown show continue.

These republicans are like children in these positions, mentally unequipped for governance and understanding how things get done. and McCarthy was a piece of trash until the last moment, still blaming Democrats for his failure to keep his caucus together.

Imagine you losing everything you worked for because of Matt Gatez of all people. lmao

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SargentD

@Serraph105 said:

@sargentd: that's like me arguing that McConnell is bad at being the majority leader in the Senate. I hate him, sure, but he's exceptionally good at getting what he wants.

Hes horrible too..

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#28 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

I fear who the GOP is picking next, but see ya, McCarthy! Ya scumbag!

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts

Absolute shit show of a party.

@sargentd said:
@Serraph105 said:

Hes horrible too..

You don't really happen to know much about politics and didn't give a serious reply to what Seraph just said.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SargentD

@robertos said:

@sargentd said:
@Serraph105 said:

Hes horrible too..

You don't really happen to know much about politics and didn't give a serious reply to what Seraph just said.

McConnell sucks. The only thing I give him credit for is postponing Supreme Court nominations. But overall he's a scumbag that works against the American people. Schumer as well.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:

@sargentd said:
@Serraph105 said:

Hes horrible too..

McConnell sucks. The only thing I give him credit for is postponing Supreme Court nominations.

I agree with you that he sucks because of all the right wing nonsense he has helped push. But that's the thing we're talking about, he allowed the GOP to actually push these things and pack a far right court. That's objectively very effective. Whether you like the policies or not is irrelevant when stating that.

Without him the right would be weaker.

@sargentd said:

But overall he's a scumbag that works against the American people.

That's most of the GOP.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SargentD
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:

@sargentd said:

Hes horrible too..

McConnell sucks. The only thing I give him credit for is postponing Supreme Court nominations.

I agree with you that he sucks because of all the right wing nonsense he has helped push. But that's the thing we're talking about, he allowed the GOP to actually push these things and pack a far right court. That's objectively very effective. Whether you like the policies or not is irrelevant when stating that.

Without him the right would be weaker.

@sargentd said:

But overall he's a scumbag that works against the American people.

That's most of the GOP.

Don't give him much credit. Someone else could be just as if not more effective.

Much like 90% of our career politicians in our senate he's just another bought and paid for puppet scumbag serving his donors and lobbyists while making back door deals to enrich himself. Democrats are just as guilty of it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SargentD
Loading Video...

McCarthy lied and was making back door deals with Biden to stuff more proxy war money into an omnibus bill. He's a liar, he said he wasn't going to fund it anymore. Good riddance

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SargentD
Loading Video...

Some great insight here

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44621 Posts

MAGA is at war with the Ultra MAGA.

But this is a faction whose wet dream is to destroy government, they're dysfunction is intentional.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#36 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

MAGA is at war with the Ultra MAGA.

But this is a faction whose wet dream is to destroy government, they're dysfunction is intentional.

Don't think it'll help them though. Just like how the Democratic Party bickering each other doesn't help them either.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 judaspete

@sargentd said:
@judaspete said:

@LJS9502_basic: Yeah. Modern GOP forgets guys like Reagan were effective because he worked well with Democrats. The tax reforms of the 80's they loved so much were a bipartisan effort. Hell, we had a ballanced budget in the 90's because Gingrich and Clinton got their parties to negotiate a bunch of deals together. That's just how things work here in a Repuplic.

The reason McCarthy lost his job is because he refused to try and actually balance the budget, democrats refuse to as well. So they were working together neglecting it. That's quite some "bipartisanship" He deserves to be let go.

The budget can not be balanced by a discretionary spending bill. We are currently running about $1.5 trillion deficits annually. If Matt Gaetz was given a magic wand and cast a spell to completely eliminate the Department of Education, EPA, and HUD all in one fell swoop, that would only save a little under $200 billion. Dispelling our military out of existence would get him close, but he's not going to do that. He's one of the guys who has voted to jack up military spending by about $200 billion over the last 5 years. Money spent on bombs doesn't count, right?

If this guy wants to balance the budget without raising taxes, he'd better come out and tell the Boomers that he wants to shred their Medicare. Until then, he's not to be taken seriously and I will treat him as such.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SargentD

@judaspete said:
@sargentd said:
@judaspete said:

The budget can not be balanced by a discretionary spending bill. We are currently running about $1.5 trillion deficits annually. If Matt Gaetz was given a magic wand and cast a spell to completely eliminate the Department of Education, EPA, and HUD all in one fell swoop, that would only save a little under $200 billion. Dispelling our military out of existence would get him close, but he's not going to do that. He's one of the guys who has voted to jack up military spending by about $200 billion over the last 5 years. Money spent on bombs doesn't count, right?

If this guy wants to balance the budget without raising taxes, he'd better come out and tell the Boomers that he wants to shred their Medicare. Until then, he's not to be taken seriously and I will treat him as such.

we should have single-subject spending bills and a budget.

That's what they wanted from McCarthy and he ignored them and decided to go with buisness as usual.

Single subject spending bills is sane. It's not far right or unrealistic. It should be done. Many on the left have wanted as well.

Will it solve everything. NO. But atleast it would be a start.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mrbojangles25

MAGA is going to consume itself. Just hope they don't take too much of the government with them as they do.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mrbojangles25

@mattbbpl said:

@mrbojangles25: Even from a Dem perspective he had to go. He made a deal months ago, backed out of it, and then publicly blamed the Dems for almost causing the shutdown.

He'd lost all trust. If you can't trust a speaker to abide by the deals he makes, then he serves no purpose. His entire role is that of a mediator.

The next person may be worse ideologically, but it's hard to be worse functionally.

Totally forgot about that.

Yeah. **** McCarthy, piece of crap.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#42  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Let's not create low effort political threads in OT.