Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts

this guy is amazing.

I like his style. Hope he can help Argentina, their economy has been spiraling down.

Hope this guy helps them.

Cool to see them go for someone who's not a career politician, like the ones before who failed

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4247 Posts

Ya…I like his independent form of thinking. Let’s hope he can fix the Argentinian economy.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts

Based in insanity, you mean.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nirgal  Online
Member since 2019 • 697 Posts

@sargentd: I am from Argentina. The guy has no idea what he is talking about 80% of the time. Doesn't stop him from talking.

He is an extreme reaction to several left wing governments that created massive inflation by printing money to pay for social programs to get votes from an idle part of the population.

He was elected as a display of anger against them. He has a good point that he wants to reduce government expenses and let the currency reflect market value.

The problem is that he is a complete idiot that doesn't understand how government works at all.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

Speaking is easy, doing is the hard part.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SargentD

@nirgal said:

@sargentd: I am from Argentina. The guys has no idea what he is talking about 80% of the time. Doesn't stop him from talking.

He is an extreme reaction to several left wing governments that created massive inflation by printing money to pay for social programs to get votes from an idle part of the population.

He was elected as a display of anger against them. He has a good point that he wants to reduce government expenses and let the currency reflect market value.

The problem is that he is a complete idiot that doesn't understand how government works at all.

I mean.. weren't the people before him considered idiots for getting Argentina to this point? Doesn't seem like the ones before him were masterminds either. Things must be pretty shit in Argentina for the country to go for a third party type candidate.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SargentD
Loading Video...

@nirgal: this clip got me, I want to see this happen here in the states. Mass cuts.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3449 Posts

Looks like a fucking maniac. Best of luck to them.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nirgal  Online

@sargentd: the previous ones were more corrupt than idiots, but it's unarguable that they damaged the country almost irreparably with populist policies that gave up future growth for present comfort.

This guy's interest in cutting expenses is correct, but he doesn't use his head. Some public expenses like education, public transportation, medicine they actually generate wealth. A population of undereducated people that can't reach their workplace doesn't become wealthier over time.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nirgal  Online

Other things like going against the transport unions, stop subsiding fuel consumption, electricity, removing the rent caps, firing a large amount of public employees, balancing the extremely uneven burden of proof when it comes labor law.

Those things I agree with.

I just fear he is too much of an idiot to do it well and after he fails we will be back to the left wing chronies.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SargentD

@nirgal: i hear you, what do you think of this idea of dropping peso for the US dollar?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nirgal  Online

@sargentd: in principle I would be against it, but the monetary policy has been so horrendous that I would be inclined to agree.

My main concern with this is that it doesn't seem easy to do, we are not an oil state that can easily purchase dollars and (gladly) Argentine credit is so bad, we would certainly not be able to use debt to finance it. ( I sad gladly because debt management has also been horrendous in Argentina)

Still, even though I am by no means a pure libertarian, I do think that given the recent history of massive corruption and incompetence, the less influence the state has, the better.

They should be providing infraestructure, education, police, army and some sort of minimum base for health and retirement services.

As for the rest, they should just stay away. they are far too incompetent.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4247 Posts

@kathaariancode: he actually looks like Elvis am I wrong? lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39331 Posts

No idea who he is, but he is instense, and i like to see that. After he is done in Argentina, send him to Canada please.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Not saying this is a nationalistic sense, but "where America goes, so too does the world".

The rise of the far-right in the US has emboldened others in the rest of the world to one extent or another. Not saying there was no far-right or arch-conservative movement elsewhere, but when the US does it, you know, I feel like people can go "Well if they're doing it, surely we can too!"

You hate to see it.

@nirgal said:

@sargentd: I am from Argentina. The guy has no idea what he is talking about 80% of the time. Doesn't stop him from talking.

He was elected as a display of anger against them.He has a good point that he wants to reduce government expenses and let the currency reflect market value.

Why does this sound so familiar...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrbojangles25
@sargentd said:
Loading Video...

@nirgal: this clip got me, I want to see this happen here in the states. Mass cuts.

Well, let's see what happens when he does it.

...If he does it.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

Seems like they are already going to start cracking down on protestors.

https://english.elpais.com/international/2023-12-15/javier-mileis-government-announces-plan-to-crack-down-on-argentina-protests.html

That was... fast.

Maybe there is some context I am missing, but yeah. This guy is not a libertarian, he comes across as a phony merely riding on libertarian rhetoric.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 719 Posts

@hardwenzen: Canada look like wasteland now and need this real man for president with real action to fix all the problem of Canada - they waste to much tax money and no body can buy any thing every one is poor almost - but not corrupt government of Canada living high in rich area.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Maroxad said:

Seems like they are already going to start cracking down on protestors.

https://english.elpais.com/international/2023-12-15/javier-mileis-government-announces-plan-to-crack-down-on-argentina-protests.html

That was... fast.

Maybe there is some context I am missing, but yeah. This guy is not a libertarian, he comes across as a phony merely riding on libertarian rhetoric.

I'm sure there are some legit libertarians left out there and tbh I feel bad for the traditional "fiscal conservative, social liberal, small government" types because when I hear someone publicly identify as libertarian I think they're more or less saying they are fascist or authoritarian.

• They don't want a small government, they want a strong government that works only for them.
  • They don't want fiscal responsibility, they just want zero regulation so they can run cons.
  • They don't want a socially liberal society, they just want to be free to spit their hate at minorities and underrepresented.

Case in point: this douchebag. Says he is a libertarian, but one of the first things he does is a.) use a government organization to b.) supress freedom of speech of c.) people he doesn't like.

Not. Libertarian.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@Maroxad said:

This guy is not a libertarian, he comes across as a phony merely riding on libertarian rhetoric.

"They're the same picture."

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maroxad

@mrbojangles25: When the Swedish Liberal (read: libertarian) Party decided to work together with the populist right Sweden Democrats. That party had a large exodus of members.

They definately do exist, but I think they are a shrinking demographic. And likely hold no real power any more.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup

He'll be even more dangerous when he leaves the early 70's.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

I really try not to judge people by appearances, and I'll admit I don't know the dude very well, or what his policies are. But he looks absolutely psycho lol.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KathaarianCode

@Maroxad: It does seem like libertarianism is becoming a gateway to "fascism". Kinda shocking the number of so called libertarians that feel pretty comfortable authoritarianism.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maroxad

@kathaariancode said:

@Maroxad: It does seem like libertarianism is becoming a gateway to "fascism". Kinda shocking the number of so called libertarians that feel pretty comfortable authoritarianism.

I think it stems from the whole, 'freedom for me, not for thee' mentality.

A mentality we have seen on this board, when a certain someone seemed awfully indifferent to X not defending the freedom of speech to its users, while the pre-Musk Twitter did.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 949 Posts

I blame the far left for this rise of far right politicians. They only have themselves to blame

Centrism is the answer but no, we cant have nice things because nowadays its "or you with us or against us" mentality

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SargentD

@appariti0n said:

I really try not to judge people by appearances, and I'll admit I don't know the dude very well, or what his policies are. But he looks absolutely psycho lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mrbojangles25
@vatususreturns said:

I blame the far left for this rise of far right politicians. They only have themselves to blame

Centrism is the answer but no, we cant have nice things because nowadays its "or you with us or against us" mentality

Nah dude, the left in the US is centrist/moderate by universal standards. Hell, they're borderline right-leaning in the traditional sense in many cases. Biden is moderate/centrist.

It's the major reason why the vast majority of Americans (60+%) support Democratic policies when polled anonymously, and polled on a policy-only basis (as opposed to polled by candidate preference).

The right is gaining power because they're clever, and they're winning the culture war. Which is bullshit. Trump himself said in a speech (paraphrasing) "You guys never heard of trans people. Never cared. Then we make it a big deal and suddenly you go crazy".

This, of course, spreads to the rest of the world as they are emboldened by what goes on in the US.

Fascist, authoritarians, and far-right whackos tend to be super charismatic sociopaths, and they are backed by billions of dollars of special-interest money. That's why they're on the rise.

You can't blame this on the left.

*Also, let's just say we do "meet in the middle". The middle of the left and the far, far, far, far right is still very far to the right. That would be extremely regressive move and a total loss for the world. There's no compromising with far-right extremists. They need to clean their act up, return to their senses, and then maybe we can talk.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KathaarianCode

@vatususreturns: I love that narrative. It's a really interesting piece of propaganda.

The far right has such grip over the internet that they manage to brainwash people into believing they're not responsible for their own shit behavior, because the far left forced them to. What far left for **** sake? 🤣

Nerd culture is a specialty good example.

Corporations bring traditional gaming to its knees through their increasingly predatory practices? Yeah that's a bummer.

Lead character is a muscled female? Holy shit leftists are destroying gaming, creators shouldn't have the right to express views different from mine, let's start a hate campaign that will last months! Go woke go broke!

Disney keeps shiting mediocre super hero movies? Shut up and take my money, who cares about good acting, who cares about being infantilized, who cares about proper cinema?

Super hero movie has gay character? Oh oh, The Quartering must make at least 5 hours of highly political content explaining why people shouldn't make political content!

People are responsible for their own stupidity instead of using the left boogeyman to justify their radicalization. Of course one can pick examples on both sides but at least my internet nowadays is populated by right wing outrage.

How many threads we had here crying about lack of representation or any other left talking point vs "this game has a female"? And looking at what used to be the political forum, here is a very left leaning place.

It's tragic how individual thinking has collapsed thanks to the internet and the implications this brings to western civilization. How we are flirting with fascism, again. How after the greatest decades in humanity's history with unprecedented health and wealth we are being indoctrinated to renegate all that.

I digress... 😃

Our political climate is so absurd that I wonder what would be the reaction to some 80s classics in moder day. (I don't wonder really, I believe I know)

Like, Aliens. One of the most brilliant action movies ever made, or the mainstream media pushing their leftist agenda? Pff a woman fighting and winning against an alien infestation, that just not realistic. Besides, that haircut? How will I fap to that? Marxists!

Robocop, his side kick is a super badass girl who's introduction is her kicking a guys ass. Saves the male cyborg a few times and is not sexualised at all. Hum, sounds like Hollywood trash, pushing their agenda down our throats!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Maroxad
@vatususreturns said:

The rise of political polarization is not due to the far left or whatever.

The primary cause is likely economic woes. The financial crash of 2007-8 comes to mind. It got further amplified with COVID, the refugee crisis (in europe) and more.

The reason for this is because quite frankly, the way we have built up society post-WW2 was unsustainable in the long run, and the cracks are beginning to show. We built our society around a heavy use of oil and perpetual growth? Where has that lead us?

Wars? Debt? Climate Change? Unsustainable growth? Economic Inequality?

And don't get me started on the reckless war on drugs.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KathaarianCode

And that's finance fact kids!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mrbojangles25

@kathaariancode said:

And that's finance fact kids!

*jazz hands!*

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

@sargentd: When I was younger, "based" meant that you were addicted to crack cocaine.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Maroxad said:
@vatususreturns said:

The rise of political polarization is not due to the far left or whatever.

The primary cause is likely economic woes. The financial crash of 2007-8 comes to mind. It got further amplified with COVID, the refugee crisis (in europe) and more.

The reason for this is because quite frankly, the way we have built up society post-WW2 was unsustainable in the long run, and the cracks are beginning to show. We built our society around a heavy use of oil and perpetual growth? Where has that lead us?

Wars? Debt? Climate Change? Unsustainable growth? Economic Inequality?

And don't get me started on the reckless war on drugs.

Strong characters, simple answers.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nirgal  Online

I think Argentina and USA are quite different.

Argentina has been having a huge problem of massive inflation (way higher than the USA and EU) that started way before the pandemic but was aggravated by it.

The left leaning party had mostly dominated politics by spending on public welfare and enacting top down socialist politicies and financing all of this by increasing taxes and printing money which obviously led to inflation.

The center right party had 4 years in power but only moderately decrease spending so the inflation continued.

Afterwards the left leaning party came back to power again and inflation continued to sky rocket.

People were very angry and the center right party didn't seem like a option.

Now comes this theatrical idiot, espousing a ton of crazy ideas, but also saying he will radically reduce spending and implement pro market policies.

He has a controversial personality that aggravates some people but really excites people that believe strength and aggressiveness are the same.

Some other people don't like him, but hate the existing party (Argentina has a ballotage voting system that pits the 2 leading candidates against each other in a second row is voting)

Some people acknowledge that country needs pro market reforms and Lower spending but have lost trust in the center right party.

Some people just like to see the world burn.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SargentD
Loading Video...

Some good back n forth here

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SargentD

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Nirgal  Online

Keeps embarrassing us internationally.

Our own fault for thinking that voting a clown for president would be a great idea.

Btw, this picture is sooo stupid. The guy used to be a media whore, who is intimidated by him holding s club?

And why is he using the same angle that girls use in tinder?

Also, Communists in Argentina are:

1. Very few percentage wise

2. Very benefited by being able to present themselves as the "rebels". So greatly benefited by this stupid attention. That's basically how they recruit idiot teenagers.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SargentD
@nirgal said:

Keeps embarrassing us internationally.

Our own fault for thinking that voting a clown for president would be a great idea.

Btw, this picture is sooo stupid. The guy used to be a media whore, who is intimidated by him holding s club?

And why is he using the same angle that girls use in tinder?

Also, Communists in Argentina are:

1. Very few percentage wise

2. Very benefited by being able to present themselves as the "rebels". So greatly benefited by this stupid attention. That's basically how they recruit idiot teenagers.

Hes AnCap fan, so im not suprised hes hyper sensitive to socialism or communism tbh

whats you opinion about him deciding to not join BRICS, I'm hearing this is something Argentina was considering doing before he came into office. Genuinely interested in your take. He doesnt want to work with China and Russia like that, which seems good to me as an American.

As an American i see this as good, id rather have US work with Argentina. Guess this lines up with him wanting to replace the Peso with the US dollar there

*video attached of styx's commentary, enjoy his stuff

Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mrbojangles25

@sargentd said:

OMFG what a pussy.

Seriously dude, is this what a "strong man" looks like to you?

You can do better. Don't stan this guy.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SargentD

i mostly posted that because it is ridiculous lol

but genuinely like the stuff he's saying and doing as of now in regards to his policy ideas, like wanting to reject BRICS for the US dollar and cutting spending broadly across the government there. Its going to make for an interesting case study, i hope he succeeds in fixing Argentina's horrible inflation/economy

@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:

OMFG what a pussy.

Seriously dude, is this what a "strong man" looks like to you?

You can do better. Don't stan this guy.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nirgal  Online

@sargentd: for me BRICS joining purely depends on it's economical value to the country.

Argentina is not a geopolitical important player and we get no benefits by playing that game, we should be focusing on economical development.

From that point of view, good relationships with Brazil are very important and non antagonist relationships with the other countries are sufficient.

My views is that we should not engage with any major power's geolopolitical struggles except for the purpose of maintaining peace in Latin America, but we should have economical relationship with all of them.

As a person that lived in china for a long time, I have a very negative view of their government, but I would be foolish to deny that they are our second largest import partner, so I would not like to be antagonistic to them either.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#45 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Abandoning BRICS... "worst person you know" meme.