Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

@airshocker said:

@leon2365 said:

I love how my gaming laptop runs circles around 90% of my friends' desktops. it hasn't let me down yet. plays everything nice and smooth. though I do want to upgrade to a better laptop soon. love the performance and the portability.

The only thing is that you're paying more money for an entire new laptop when everybody else can just upgrade individual parts.

yup. one of the downsides. id build my own, but don't have the time to build the shell right now. but hey, this laptop has lasted me 3 years now, and its still good. the upgrade is more of a thing I want rather than need.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@leon2365 said:

@airshocker said:

@leon2365 said:

I love how my gaming laptop runs circles around 90% of my friends' desktops. it hasn't let me down yet. plays everything nice and smooth. though I do want to upgrade to a better laptop soon. love the performance and the portability.

The only thing is that you're paying more money for an entire new laptop when everybody else can just upgrade individual parts.

yup. one of the downsides. id build my own, but don't have the time to build the shell right now. but hey, this laptop has lasted me 3 years now, and its still good. the upgrade is more of a thing I want rather than need.

Probably not even worth it to build a laptop from scratch. You'll end up paying even more for it than you would if you bought it premade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#53 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@alim298: You got it down with the indies I see. I've played most of them although the only one I still have installed is One Finger Death Punch...the game was inspired by the Xiao Xiao Flash movies of martial artist stick figures. The game is quite good to get 5 minutes of gaming in when you don't have much time. Grandmaster difficulty is messed up XD

Also, To The Moon, in the end, has very little to do with his dream of going to the moon...it has to do with why his life ended up the way he did and why he repressed so many important memories that would have allowed him to (HEAVY SPOILERS) better understand what his autistic wife was trying to tell him, that even though she could barely communicate she was trying to let him know that their first meeting was always on her mind and that she'd treasure it for all those years until she died. The dream of going to the moon was so secondary it's only important as a plot device for him to be connected to the machine in the first place.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@sheikhspeare said:

Jazak Allah. But bro, I don't think I'm getting a new one in the next three months at the very least.

Three months without gaming then. That's unfortunate. Well maybe it's fortunate. You can spend the time doing other different things.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By alim298

@korvus said:

Also, To The Moon, in the end, has very little to do with his dream of going to the moon...it has to do with why his life ended up the way he did and why he repressed so many important memories that would have allowed him to (HEAVY SPOILERS) better understand what his autistic wife was trying to tell him, that even though she could barely communicate she was trying to let him know that their first meeting was always on her mind and that she'd treasure it for all those years until she died. The dream of going to the moon was so secondary it's only important as a plot device for him to be connected to the machine in the first place.

Generally speaking I don't like tragedies. I mean I like works like Hamlet where one dies as a hero but in this game SPOILERS the old man dies an unfulfilled death and to try to make him think that he actually had achieved his goal and dream and to lie to him on his deathbed is so cruel. I would have chosen instead to tell the man that he lived a shitty life and that he didn't achieve his goals than to lie to him once again and witness that fake smile "I" drew on his face which I know is nothing but an illusion. Maybe it would have been better if the man knew about his wrongs. Maybe then he would have expressed his regret over what he had done. The burden of sin was still with the old man when he passed away. This illusion did nothing to the blackness that had covered his soul. If anything it in fact set fire to the coal. Whereas had he expressed his regret, he would have been truly redeemed and the burdens of his sins would have been washed away from his soul and only then he would have been able to fly as a free man. To fly to the moon. To fly to the beloved.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#57 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@alim298: I'm definitely with you there. I quite liked the story of his lost memories but I hated their decision to just crap all over the guys' life and change it to fit their purpose. His life had love, meaning, purpose, hard work, devotion and achievements, and they destroyed all of that for a job...his actual life was a lot more meaningful and inspiring to me.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 leon2365

@airshocker: probably so. though it would be one of a kind. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@leon2365 said:

I don't have that big of an urge to be unique. :P

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 leon2365

@airshocker said:

@leon2365 said:

I don't have that big of an urge to be unique. :P

I just don't have the time. work and what not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

It's always nice not being able to see trolls have to say.

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#63 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

Rarely play video games these days, and even rarer that I even buy them unless they are on sale. I did start The Banner Saga recently. Will revisit.

Been interested in this one for a while now. Hopefully will be able to pick it up during the summer steam sale. I'm a sucker for a good art style and that game looks incredible.

Last game I "actually" played was Transistor over winter break. If you saw the OTcars I named it my favorite game of last year so that should give an indication how I feel about it. One of my favorite games in recent memory honestly, I enthusiastically recommend it (especially when it's on sale).to just about everyone, unless you played and hated Bastion.

I haven't actually started any games since then, during the semester I don't have much time to dive into a game wholeheartedly so I generally wait until breaks to play anything besides CoD4 or the occasional game of SSB on the N64 with my roomates. When I do get the time I play just about everything, mostly enjoy action-adventure and puzzle games though. Besides Transistor, last couple games I played were Dark Souls (awesome game but the time commitment is crazy) and Antichamber (good but doesn't necessarily live up to the hype).

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Gta v pc pushed back to April 14th

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56290 Posts

@dave123321 said:

Gta v pc pushed back to April 14th

Yeah I heard but at the same time, I already play it on my Xbox 360 and I'll get the PC as soon as I know it's not a buggy mess and not only that, my only concern now is getting Bloodborne and Witcher 3.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Great thread!

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

ever since i got it free with Games With Gold, ive been obsessed with Dishonored. bought the GOTY version off Amazon before i was even halfway through my first playthrough. Game is awesome. i love the freedom to play as you want.

no idea how many playthroughs ive done. done non lethal, stealth lethal, full lethal. and several other playthroughs in between. got all achievments except for the city trials.

gonna do a "no bone charm" runthrough next.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@alim298 said:

@GazaAli:

Here are a few suggestions: (in no particular order)

SuperMeatBoy

You play as a boy made of red juicy meat who is on a quest to save his gf from some maniac doctor (?)

Addicting gameplay. Lots of stages. Colorful world.

Some people complain it's too hard.

Don't Starve

It's a game about building yourself a shelter and living the wild life (literally)

Endless crafting options. Some really fun random places and events. Secrets to discover.

Brutally hard. Can get repetitive.

Papers Please

You play as an immigration officer who needs to check people's papers.

You actually learn a necessary skill. Pixel graphics. "Politics, Politics everywhere!"

Hard.

Race the Sun

You control a plane that uses sun's energy to move.

Requires fast reflexes.

Repetitive. There's nothing beside fast reflexes that's interesting about this game to be honest.

Spacechem

You run a chem company in a planet other than earth.

Programming required.

Programming required.

Super House of Dead Ninjas.

Pretty addictive. Nice environments. Reflexes. Skills and Items.

Kind of short. That last boss is a pain. May get repetitive.

Terraria

Shut up and dig. And maybe later build something. And maybe later dig further for a boss encounter. Then die then start digging some place else. Then repeat.

LOTS of different weapons and armors to build and find.

Recipes for different items can only be found in wiki pages.

Stanely Parable

Runs on source so I don't think you'll have a problem running it. A philosophical bullshit game with multiple endings that tries to spell the word "pretentious" way too often.

Pretentious is all this game is.

Pretentious is all this game is.

Faster than Light

Turned-based spaceship battle with lots of risky choices to make which is probably the only thing people love so much about this game.

Choices. Your crew will die.

Hard.

Lone Survivor

2D pixel graphics horror game. Never finished it cuz the story seemed kind of dumb.

2D horror is art. You're free to explore as you please (I guess)

The story is...Umm...Unclear?

One Finger Death Punch

Remember those dumb marshal art movies? This is where they got their inspiration from. You play as a stick figure with left and right mouse buttons as his only weapons. Good luck beating the shit out of those two buttons.

Only two buttons means you can chilax. Still there's great depth to this game.

Stages can get repetitive.

Retro City Rampage

Top down GTA with the look of an NES game. 'nuff said.

Beautiful. Lots of references to old games. Actually enjoyable gameplay for a parody game.

Short.

Volgarr the Viking

If you liked Ghost 'n Goblins then you'll definitely love this one too. Albeit be warned. It's a LOT harder.

Good old school gameplay.

Hard.

Gemini Rue

A detective game indeed. Also a decent sci-fi game.

Good story. Good pixel graphics.

Not much in terms of gameplay. It's the same point and click formula we've seen for years.

Escape Goat

I really liked this game. Don't know why to be honest. Maybe because you're a goat trying to free the sheep?

Braid

You're some dude trying to save some princess. Before you say no it's not Mario and no it's not Mario with time travel. Just play it if you haven't already.

Great puzzles. Great writing and story. Great graphics. Jonathan Blow.

A bit short. Those star puzzles.

Another World

If you haven't already played this game it's the prefect time.

Great cut-scenes. Great story. Great environments.

Too short I guess. Some hard puzzles.

Gunpoint

You're a private detective. But there are also lasers and stuff so it's cool.

Upgrades and variety of puzzles. Never feels forced.

Short with a generic ending.

Hotline Miami

THE most violent video game out there. You play as a literal killing machine that has the shape of a man and wears animal masks for fun's sake.

Addictive and fast-paced gameplay with a blend of stealth and action.

Some masks are useless. Especially if you know what a "Tony" is.

Superbrothers Sword and Sworcery

You play as a heroin who is on a quest to rid the world of the evil that has arisen.

Great atmospheric game. Nice puzzles. Best good vs bad story in video games imo.

Some puzzles are confusing. Short.

To the Moon

A story about two scientists who try to make some old dude believe he went to the moon. Quite... Stupid in my opinion but many people liked it.

Thanks man for the suggestions much appreciated. I played Braid and didn't like it very much to be honest, uninstalled it after a few stages. Miami Hotline was too retro for my taste and supermeat boy was awesome but eye bleedingly hard. I'll check out the rest of the recommendations soon, thanks again.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I'm thinking of replaying all of Amanita Design's games, these guys make such sensational games. They only make Flash-based point and click adventure puzzles but man are they the quintessence of their genre or what. The puzzles are ingeniously original and the artwork is just phenomenal its such a feast for the eyes. Add to that the amazing soundtrack and the result is indeed an unexampled and memorable gaming experience. Their games really contribute to the cause of having games recognized as a valid form of art.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#70 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59210 Posts

Revelations 2 launched with 17 pieces of dlc on release that costs more than the price of the game.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 alim298

@GazaAli said:

Thanks man for the suggestions much appreciated. I played Braid and didn't like it very much to be honest, uninstalled it after a few stages. Miami Hotline was too retro for my taste and supermeat boy was awesome but eye bleedingly hard. I'll check out the rest of the recommendations soon, thanks again.

No problem.

Regarding Braid however I insist you to play it. Yeah the game starts weak and doesn't appear to lead anywhere. Feels quite like a parody of Super Mario for the first half and the puzzles aren't the most mind blowing or entertaining ones you'll see. I understand why some people feel bored by it. I don't want to ruin the experience for you so I'm not going to tell you what exactly makes this game stand out but I want to tell you that there indeed is something about this game that makes it stand out. You'll just have to be a little patient with this game and really try to understand what Jonathan Blow is trying to tell by all those sentences and words and puzzle structures. Now I know I'm coming off as a Blow fanboy but he said in the Indie Game the Movie (if you have watched it) that no one quite understood what he was trying to say by this game and its story. What I'm trying to say here is that there may be some simple-minded people who say "WOW! Braid's awesome because of its puzzles" and things like that but the truth is that Braid is entirely about a different thing. A more important thing than puzzles and nice graphics.

I know there are different tastes and you may even finish the game and still find no value in it but I believe it's worth a try nevertheless.

@GazaAli said:

I'm thinking of replaying all of Amanita Design's games, these guys make such sensational games. They only make Flash-based point and click adventure puzzles but man are they the quintessence of their genre or what. The puzzles are ingeniously original and the artwork is just phenomenal its such a feast for the eyes. Add to that the amazing soundtrack and the result is indeed an unexampled and memorable gaming experience. Their games really contribute to the cause of having games recognized as a valid form of art.

I actually forgot to mention their new game. Botanicula.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@uninspiredcup said:

Revelations 2 launched with 17 pieces of dlc on release that costs more than the price of the game.

Total War: ATTILA released about two weeks ago and is now selling a significant content package as DLC. You guys thought Evolve was bad with skins? This is downright shameful. Yet everybody is quiet as a mouse about it.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Just watched the new Batman AK trailer. Really fail to see the reason why this game was rated M.

And, Harley Queen looks super hot and fantastic !!!!!!!!!! (Hmmmm........maybe that explains the M rating ?! )

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By uninspiredcup

@airshocker said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Total War: ATTILA released about two weeks ago and is now selling a significant content package as DLC. You guys thought Evolve was bad with skins? This is downright shameful. Yet everybody is quiet as a mouse about it.

The steam forums where rife with venomous threads/posts on the topic. As were TotalWar.net.

Gamespot: generally people don't care about the series; console centric title like Evolve or Resident Evil will see significantly more coverage and as a consequence: more user interest.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

@elkoldo: Yeah just watched it. Looks amazing, I expect it to more than fill Arkham City's shoes.

At first, I wasn't a fan of Harley being so "serious" but I'm starting to like her. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@uninspiredcup said:

Whats Total War got to do with Resident Evil?

Nothing, obviously. They're two different games. However, they both are abusing DLC. I don't see how you can care about DLC for one game and not the other. You seemed to care about meaningless DLC with regards to Evolve.

Ashbee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Ashbee
Member since 2015 • 383 Posts

Still working on Avadon 2. Wish there were more games like this.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By uninspiredcup

1 hour until Homeworld. Excitement ensues.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 elkoldo

@johnd13: We don't if she's serious. She hasn't spoken a word yet !

Mark my words, her boyfriend will be back.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By uninspiredcup

@airshocker said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Nothing, obviously. They're two different games. However, they both are abusing DLC. I don't see how you can care about DLC for one game and not the other. You seemed to care about meaningless DLC with regards to Evolve.

This seems rather presumptuous. Not sure why my opinion would hold such importance: I mainly post on Total War.net

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 johnd13

@elkoldo: Well she does take it somewhat easier on the make-up.

I'm eager for their explanation of his comeback.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@uninspiredcup said:

@airshocker said:

@uninspiredcup said:

This seems rather presumptuous. Not sure why my opinion would hold such importance: I mainly post on Total War.net

it's not presumptuous at all. Either you care about all scummy DLC practices, or you're just selectively choosing which titles to criticize. Not sure where you post has to do with anything,

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By uninspiredcup

@airshocker said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@airshocker said:

@uninspiredcup said:

it's not presumptuous at all. Either you care about all scummy DLC practices, or you're just selectively choosing which titles to criticize. Not sure where you post has to do with anything,

Sadly: it is presumptuous as well as adversarial, more importantly: wrong.

Not sure

I post on other forums.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56290 Posts

I was gonna pick up Evolve when it hit's a low price but after watching Angry Joe review Evolve, I'm not buy it at all. Destiny and Titanfall is more then enough for me.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@uninspiredcup said:

Sadly: it is presumptuous as well as adversarial, more importantly: wrong.

I post on other forums.

No, it most certainly isn't any of those things. Good for you.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 dave123321

Excited for the new batman

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 uninspiredcup

The character redesigns look abit realistic compared to prior titles.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#90 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm playing Far Cry 4 and Dying Light, Dying Light is so much fun and I love the RPG elements in the game.

Far Cry 4 is another game I'm enjoying there is a shit ton of stuff to do in the game and the graphics for both games look very nice indeed.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 uninspiredcup

Homeworld has aged well for a decade and a half old game.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I gave up gaming after Dragon Age Inquisition, got no more time to play games lol. BUT might play Resident Evil Revelations 2 full episode, Phantom Pain, Yakuza V when they release or might not. You can say i'm officillay retired ( GAMER OF OT 2014-15), next year may another great gamer wins OT cars gamer award :)

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 johnd13

@indzman: You retire from gaming? Nooooo!!! But it's our mutual hobby we sometimes chat about! :P

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By indzman

@johnd13 said:

@indzman: You retire from gaming? Nooooo!!! But it's our mutual hobby we sometimes chat about! :P

I know. I'm pretty busy nowadays and seems will be rest of year also from likes of it. :(

BUT i'm glad you will be keeping the torch alive, i'll ask for recommendations when neccessary lol. We can still chat about games or any other things, dw about it. I'm always here with you :)

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 johnd13

@indzman: Is there anything important going on in your life now that's keeping you busy, if I may ask? I hope everything's alright.

Okey dockey then, we'll still talk to each other. :)

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 elkoldo

@indzman: You can't give up gaming Indo. It's like Hotel California, you check out anytime you want, but you can never leave.

Batman AK or U4 or Witcher 3 or Bloodborne get released, and you'll be back in action.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#97  Edited By CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

The King of Fighers 2002 Unlimited Match is pretty damn fun and this is coming from someone who sucks at fighting games.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 indzman

@johnd13 said:

@indzman: Is there anything important going on in your life now that's keeping you busy, if I may ask? I hope everything's alright.

Okey dockey then, we'll still talk to each other. :)

Yep, my family ( Dad, Uncle,sis) moving onto new place and old home getting new tenants. PLUS dad and uncle both 70+ now, have to look after both of em in new home now as we replaced our old housekeeper. Can't manage games in between looking after family and work atm now :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 indzman

@elkoldo said:

@indzman: You can't give up gaming Indo. It's like Hotel California, you check out anytime you want, but you can never leave.

Batman AK or U4 or Witcher 3 or Bloodborne get released, and you'll be back in action.

I'll play a few this year positively. Phantom Pain, Yakuza V and Resident Evil Revelations 2 complete episode but maybe sometime later on than first day release. But i'm not really interested anymore in anymore upcoming titles as TW 3, Batman,Bloodborne and U 4( Not gonna buy a PS 4 as i'm very short on cash atm ) lol. I'll play as i still have a very large collection of my favourite games, mostly replayable for me :)

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 dave123321

Having a blast with far cry 4