mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Well, in a move of increased escalation, and the weaponization of our political system, McCarthy has announced that there will be an impeachment inquiry against Biden this week.

Article and Video Announcement

Summary: McCarthy et al alleges that Biden has used his position for illicit business dealings.

Key points and allegations:

• FBI informant claims to have proof.
  • Most of this deals with Hunter Biden's business dealings and whether or not Joe Biden was involved.
  • $20 million dollar payment.

So I ask you, Political Gamers Off-Topic: what say you?

Is this blatant retalliation in response to Trump's court dates? Or do the far-right actually have a case?

My opinion? Well, if they have legit allegations then of course Biden should be investigated. But the real reason McCarthy is doing this is pretty obvious, and it's not about the betterment of this country:

Amid the tension, Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz has publicly threatened to bring a motion to vacate against McCarthy. The motion would force a vote on whether McCarthy should continue on as speaker. McCarthy brushed off the threat while speaking to reporters on Monday evening, saying Gaetz "should go ahead and do it… Matt's, Matt."

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but basically a short while ago new terms on the Republican speaker position said that they could essentially remove the speaker with a simple vote at any time. So if the far-right wants to remove an institutionalized dope (albeit a more moderate one) like McCarthy, they have the power to do so.

What will be interesting to see is the internal Republican politics going on, as thus far the House Freedom Caucus do not support this move.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

sooooo second greatest witch hunt in the history of mankind?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
@comp_atkins said:

sooooo second greatest witch hunt in the history of mankind?

I'd say yes, after the actual Salem witch trials, probably the second greatest 😁

Don't tell Trump, though; we all know how much he loves pretending to be the greatest at everything 😋

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Yes. The government has been hijacked. The Republicans haven't any evidence and admit that. It's disgraceful. And it's costing taxpayers millions. Rather than feed children or house the homeless, or provide needed medical care, this is what money is being wasted on. I don't want to hear of damn word out a Republican's mouth about SS or medicare.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrbojangles25

@LJS9502_basic said:

Yes. The government has been hijacked. The Republicans haven't any evidence and admit that. It's disgraceful. And it's costing taxpayers millions. Rather than feed children or house the homeless, or provide needed medical care, this is what money is being wasted on. I don't want to hear of damn word out a Republican's mouth about SS or medicare.

If they really were the party of small government, of financial responsibility, and upheld Christian values...I'd be like "Hey, let them have at it, whatever". But they don't have a leg to stand on from a legal or principle standpoint.

Basically, we can't give them an inch. No wiggle room. Seriously, screw these so-called Republicans.

I hope the Democrats and Biden fight this, and I hope they have a little bit of fun in doing so.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

If they really were the party of small government, of financial responsibility, and upheld Christian values...I'd be like "Hey, let them have at it, whatever". But they don't have a leg to stand on from a legal or principle standpoint.

Basically, we can't give them an inch. No wiggle room. Seriously, screw these so-called Republicans.

I hope the Democrats and Biden fight this, and I hope they have a little bit of fun in doing so.

They shouldn't be weaponizing Congress to go after a political rival. You don't investigate and try to find evidence; if you find evidence, then investigate. They're bowing to trump once again, a twice impeached, four times indicted, disgraced former president. It's beyond pathetic that Americans support this garbage.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8441 Posts

If there's a probable reason to impeach Biden, then by all means go ahead and impeach him. I'm not a blind loyalist to a president that I'd turn a blind eye to committed crimes in order to protect him over the country.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8316 Posts

Its a small step... Need to find the direct link in his bank records. Not just what's app messages and email messages.

Once that's found things will get interesting.

Biden took bribes from Ukraine and China to enrich himself.

He's compromised and a security threat for the USA

F*** Joe Biden

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9874 Posts

There are too many details to even bother anymore. I just hope that US can get out of this negative political spiral they are in atm. Hopefully things will normalize after Trump is gone, because this is really dangerous. The world needs a healthy US as it is the least evil super power by far 🙂

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:

Its a small step... Need to find the direct link in his bank records. Not just what's app messages and email messages.

F*** Joe Biden

They have no evidence. If you have evidence then by all means, an investigation should occur. But they admit they have NO evidence.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

F*** Joe Biden

They have no evidence. If you have evidence then by all means, an investigation should occur. But they admit they have NO evidence.

they have plenty of evidence, but its circumstantial (email messages, what's app messeges). once the inquiry actually gets going they can dig through his bank records, that's what they need for the hard connect for proving the bribes directly to Joe

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

F*** Joe Biden

they have plenty of evidence, but its circumstantial (email messages, what's app messeges). once the inquiry actually gets going they can dig through his bank records, that's what they need for the hard connect for proving the bribes directly to Joe

No they do not. They're even fighting amongst themselves because they have not.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

They shouldn't be weaponizing Congress to go after a political rival. You don't investigate and try to find evidence; if you find evidence, then investigate. They're bowing to trump once again, a twice impeached, four times indicted, disgraced former president. It's beyond pathetic that Americans support this garbage.

F*** them Democrats. Where were you when they impeached trump for "Quid Pro Quo" without a shred of evidence.

The irony...

We got evidence of Biden admitting to Quid Pro Quo on video. Hes on video admitting withholding aid to get the prosecutor investigating the Ukrainian energy company his son got paid millions from... that let that crackhead sit on thier board.

Democrats didn't have shit for evidence for their BS impeachment.

Loading Video...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

F*** Joe Biden

Most opposed probably guilty of the same shit Biden did

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mrbojangles25
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Most opposed probably guilty of the same shit Biden did

That's actually the best worst-case scenario here; Biden is guilty, is found to be such, then we go after the lot of them. Democrat and Republican. Wouldn't that be something.

Doubtful, though. These people can all but insider trade, they're probably safe.

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

yep.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

Probably worth mentioning this is just being endorsed for investigation, nothing of real consequence. I'll eat my hat if even a single house member has the actual stones to write the articles. The last thing they want if they're trying to get Dumpus back in office is to invite comparisons to the last term's impeachment proceedings.

Speaker McCarthy is too much of a wet noodle to stand up to his loud stupid freedumb caucus so that's why we have this. To avoid a shutdown at the end of September they demand investigations as if they haven't been doing that already (with no results).

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By adrian1480
@Vaasman said:

Probably worth mentioning this is just being endorsed for investigation, nothing of real consequence. I'll eat my hat if even a single house member has the actual stones to write the articles. The last thing they want if they're trying to get Dumpus back in office is to invite comparisons to the last term's impeachment proceedings.

Speaker McCarthy is too much of a wet noodle to stand up to his loud stupid freedumb caucus so that's why we have this. To avoid a shutdown at the end of September they demand investigations as if they haven't been doing that already (with no results).

It really is embarrassing how weak McCarthy is. Junior members threatening to have him removed?

What an embarrassment of a party.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

Wait, Republicans are investigating BIDEN for profiting off his office?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@mattbbpl said:

Wait, Republicans are investigating BIDEN for profiting off his office?

Amazing isn't it? No shame.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: It's like OJ writing his book ...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic

@mattbbpl said:

Hey OJ is still investigating that murder....

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 adrian1480

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mattbbpl said:

Hey OJ is still investigating that murder....

he'll find that killer one day!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SargentD

Get McBarfy out. Never liked him. Replace him with Byron Donald's.

Loading Video...

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1017 Posts

lol even Republicans know this is bogus and will go nowhere.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4198517-senate-gop-says-house-lacks-evidence-for-impeachment/

@sargentd said:

Holy shit! You should contact the GOP NOW! They currently do not have evidence, but you seem to have found it. Use a secure line or secure e-mail for sure when you send them this ground breaking evidence ASAP!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SargentD

@robertos said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4198517-senate-gop-says-house-lacks-evidence-for-impeachment/

@sargentd said:

Holy shit! You should contact the GOP NOW! They currently do not have evidence, but you seem to have found it. Use a secure line or secure e-mail for sure when you send them this ground breaking evidence ASAP!

McCarthy is just calling for the inquiry... which means he's calling on a deeper investigation. Plenty of evidence though and the oversight committee has been transparent with what they have found so far in regards to bidens influence peddling and taking foreign bribes while in office.

https://clyde.house.gov/bidencrimefamily/

If you want to put your head in the sand and ignore it... that's your right..

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SargentD

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd: There is no evidence. Even those investigating know this. McCarthy called for this because the maga in the House do trump's bidding and he's afraid to lose Speaker.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SargentD

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic: I'm sharing evidence right now, the evidence that has lead to an impeachment inquiry

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

@SargentD that's not evidence. That's a right wing circle jerk.

They're still desperately trying to frame Biden as much of a criminal as trump. Good luck, dummies. 🤣

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrbojangles25
@sargentd said:

@LJS9502_basic: I'm sharing evidence right now, the evidence that has lead to an impeachment inquiry

That's...not evidence.

They're accusations or allegations or....whatever. Not evidence, though.

@tjandmia said:

They're still desperately trying to frame Biden as much of a criminal as trump. Good luck, dummies. 🤣

Yeah, this

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Republicans suddenly care about corruption and the law? This is rich.

Unlike cultists, I hold no personal investment or feelings of affinity or loyalty to Biden. If he’s done wrong, by all means, take him to task. But the Trump playbook they’ve sworn themselves to in doing so—come to conclusion, find evidence—isn’t going to work.

They can try to will whatever pathetic delusional reality they so desperately need to believe into existence, and hey, maybe in three of four years they’ll finally find something remotely similar to their original claims. Just like the Twitter files fully exonerated Trump’s fraud claims, years later! 😂

Sorry, Republicans have sold themselves out for Trump. They have zero credibility, and it will remain so for a long time.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SargentD

@mrbojangles25: alot of it is sworn testimony from whistle blowers and bank records. If joe biden wants to come out and explain what the 20+ shell companies he has do.. he's welcome to do so... he could always come out and explain what the money given to him was for from these foreign entities. Also come out and just admit he was directly involved with his crackhead sons buisness dealings

There is plenty here to warrant an inquiry. Doesn't go far enough imo..

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

@sargentd said:

@mrbojangles25: alot of it is sworn testimony from whistle blowers and bank records. If joe biden wants to come out and explain what the 20+ shell companies he has do.. he's welcome to do so... he could always come out and explain what the money given to him was for

Blah blah blah. Hunter's business partner refutes it all. You're pissing in the wind here, guy.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:

@sargentd said:

If you want to put your head in the sand and ignore it... that's your right..

Fantastic news. SargentD this is your chance to become world famous, the patriot who brought down Biden! I can see it now, Pulitzers out the wazoo. All with your name on them. Now it's up to you to finally e-mail this mythical evidence of criminal wrong doing by Joe Biden to the GOP.

I expect to see breaking news stories on every channel tomorrow morning when I wake up!

@sargentd said:

What crime has Joe Biden been charged or indicted for? This is a blog by a far right politician......

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SargentD

@robertos: lol we will see what happens

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SargentD

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

If you want to put your head in the sand and ignore it...ur right..

I expect to see breaking news stories on every channel tomorrow morning when I wake up!

@sargentd said:

Is that what you need to happen in order for you to consider it a real thing?

News is talking about it so I don't get your point.

Loading Video...

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

First of all this is an inquiry to determine if there is enough evidence to go ahead with impeachment. Secondly there is enough evidence and to justify an impeachment inquiry. There is mpre evidence in this case that in the Trump case.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

If you want to put your head in the sand and ignore it...ur right..

@sargentd said:

Is that what you need to happen in order for you to consider it a real thing?

Yeah I need evidence for it to be considered real. Novel idea I know.

'Absolutely Shocking': Impeachment Experts Say Biden Inquiry May Be Weakest in U.S. History

Senate GOP says House lacks evidence for impeachment

🤣

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SargentD
Loading Video...

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1130 Posts

The GOP are looking past a lot of the things Democrats are accusing Trump of, but they think Democrats won't take the same position on Biden? Do they hold Democrats to higher standards than themselves? That seems funny to me.

Not to mention the things the GOP are accusing Biden/Biden's son of...

With Trump you have sexual assault, nepotism, micro managing government officials and threatening their jobs/smearing them if they don't do what he wants, enriching himself/family/businesses by leveraging political position, and leading an insurrection.

With Biden there's rubbing shoulders, the GOP wanting to take guns away from Biden's son which doesn't seem popular with the GOP's position on guns, and Biden's son enriching himself.

The GOP position looks weak in comparison I gotta say...

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:

The Democrats did not care about the children when Trump was president. They still don't care about the children. Children are only mentioned when they need prop for some gaenda.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JimB
@adrian1480 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

yep.

The government has indeed been hijacked, but it was by the Democrats. Under their stewardship not one agency and be trusted or believed. Every day another regulation is proposed which negatively affect the everyday life of the citizens. The current administration has created a number of serious problems and their only solution is to pour more gas on the raging fire.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@tjandmia said:

Yep. trump gave them their marching orders and they're doing it to the detriment of their party.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3449 Posts

I'm very concerned.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SargentD

why doesn't Joe Biden clear the air and explain what the 20 million was for?? Why do you have so many shell companies taking payments from foreign governments?

Loading Video...

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

[Grifter Video]

I ask for evidence of crimes and you give me a fake news far right youtuber...........

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

Well, hmm...seems like Republicans may have already shot themselves in the foot.

The Trump-era opinion that might stymie the Biden impeachment inquiry Speaker McCarthy ordered an impeachment inquiry without a House vote.

A Trump-era opinion issued by the Justice Department Office of Legal Counsel is being highlighted as a possible barrier for House Republicans in their impeachment inquiry against President Joe Biden.

Speaker Kevin McCarthy on Tuesday directed House committees to move ahead with the inquiry without a House vote. A lack of support among his caucus made it unclear whether he would've had the votes to launch the probe.

Now, the Biden administration could focus one part of their legal defense on a 2020 DOJ opinion that took the position that impeachment investigations by the House are invalid without a vote of the full chamber.

"The Constitution vests the 'sole Power of Impeachment' in the House of Representatives ... For precisely that reason, the House itself must authorize an impeachment inquiry, as it has done in virtually every prior impeachment investigation in our Nation's history, including every one involving a President," Steve Engel, a top lawyer for the department, wrote in the opinion.

Engel added, "no committee may undertake the momentous move from legislative oversight to impeachment without a delegation by the full House of such authority."

A Justice Department spokesperson didn't immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment on the opinion. Politico first reported on the 2020 opinion after McCarthy's announcement Tuesday.

White House counsel spokesperson Ian Sams was asked if the administration would use the opinion as a guiding force in their response during an appearance on CNN on Wednesday morning.

"I think we're going to see what they're going to do," he responded. "I don't want to speculate on what the House Republicans may or may not ask for. I mean, they won't even vote for it and they can't even say what they're impeaching him for. So I think we're going to have to see what exactly what they try to do with this newfound impeachment inquiry."

The opinion was written in response to then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's launch of an impeachment inquiry against Trump in 2019 over allegations the president abused his power by pressuring a foreign official to investigate Biden.

Pelosi announced the inquiry in September 2019 without a full House vote. A resolution formalizing the inquiry was later approved by the full House in late October.

McCarthy had previously said a House vote would be taken before launching an inquiry, telling Brietbart in August an impeachment probe would "occur through a vote on the floor of the People’s House and not through a declaration by one person."

Asked about his apparent reversal, McCarthy told reporters Wednesday he "never changed my position" and pointed to Pelosi's past action.

“Nancy Pelosi changed the precedent of this House on September 24," he said.

Top House Democrats pushed back on McCarthy's unilateral maneuver during a press conference on Wednesday morning.

Democratic Rep. Ted Lieu, who served as an impeachment manager for Trump's second impeachment, called it "impeachment theater" and claimed the 2020 DOJ opinion means House Republicans will be granted no additional power until a vote is held.

"There is no additional power the Republican Congress has simply because they called this impeachment inquiry and that's because the Department of Justice under the Trump administration issued a ruling stating unless there is a vote of the House, there is no additional power of the House for doing an impeachment inquiry," Lieu said.

While such opinions don't dictate how a court would eventually rule on a potential legal challenge brought by House Republicans should the Biden administration resist the probe, the opinion is currently considered binding between administrations unless Attorney General Merrick Garland's Office of Legal Counsel issues a new opinion altering their approach to such inquiries.