Saudi Arabia will sue any Twitter who compares their justice system with ISIS.

• 57 results
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Saudi Arabia will sue any Twitter user who compares the Kingdom’s recent decision to execute a poet to punishments handed down by Isis.

Ashraf Fayadh, a 35-year-old Palestinian poet, was sentenced to death for apostasy – renouncing one’s faith – by a court in Abha on 17 November, according to documents seen by Human Rights Watch.

"The justice ministry will sue the person who described ... the sentencing of a man to death for apostasy as being `Isis-like'," a justice ministry source told newspaper Al-Riyadh.

"Questioning the fairness of the courts is to question the justice of the Kingdom and its judicial system based on Islamic law, which guarantees rights and ensures human dignity", the source told the pro-government newspaper.

They claimed the Kingdom’s courts would not hesitate to put on trial "any media that slandered the religious judiciary of the Kingdom".

Source.

But it is like ISIS. :S

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Well, aint that just a great way to get everyone on Twitter to repeat that until they give up.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

By doing this, they probably just made matters worse for them. They will probably get laughed out of western courts as well.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Yeah, Good luck with that.

servomaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 servomaster
Member since 2015 • 870 Posts

They're basically a less crazy ISIS.

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

they're basicly lawful evil vs chaotic evil

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts
@Maroxad said:

By doing this, they probably just made matters worse for them. They will probably get laughed out of western courts as well.

Is this real?

I mean, is this how the law system work, in 2015?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey are a bunch of crooked bastards.

Maybe they could use a bit of democracy... oh wait they sell oil in dollars and share a bit of NATO interests, never mind.

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 fize4ever
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

@Ant_17 said:
@Maroxad said:

Is this real?

No, but why would you ask this on OT? This is literally the worst place to ask someone about the truth.

There are academic journals, well-researched op-ed articles, correspondence with Saudi locals, etc. The options for finding verifiable truths are plenty, yet you chose to ask OT? xD

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Maroxad  Online
@fize4ever said:

No, but why would you ask this on OT? This is literally the worst place to ask someone about the truth.

There are academic journals, well-researched op-ed articles, correspondence with Saudi locals, etc. The options for finding verifiable truths are plenty, yet you chose to ask OT? xD

Exactly which points was the image wrong on?

They all seem to correlate on what we see around us. And if there are academic journalis on it, which ones?

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#11 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts
@fize4ever said:
@Ant_17 said:

Is this real?

your criticism is wholeheartedly ironic

also the dark side of the moon, or the bottom of the ocean, would - literally - be worse in terms of going about truth-seeking inquiries

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34776 Posts

Saudi Arabia is retarded. Literally. They live in the middle ages over there.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

> Says there are plenty of sources stating otherwise.
> Doesn't bother to provide a single one.

Just ignore @fize4ever. He appears to be a massive saudi fan judging from his rants. Probably enjoys all the amputating and lashing and what not.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hexagon_777

It's not just saudi arabia that thinks that way. A worryingly large amount of Muslims do.

86% of Jordanian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam.

84% of Egyptian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam.

76% of Pakistani Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam.

51% of Nigerian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam.

30% of Indonesian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam.

http://pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/muslims-around-the-world-divided-on-hamas-and-hezbollah

58% of American Muslims believe criticism of Islam or Muhammad is not protected free speech under the First Amendment.

45% believe mockers of Islam should face criminal charges (38% said they should not).

12% of American Muslims believe blaspheming Islam should be punishable by death.

43% of American Muslims believe people of other faiths have no right to evangelize Muslims.

32% of Muslims in America believe that Sharia should be the supreme law of the land.

http://www.andrewbostom.org/blog/2012/10/31/sixty-percent-of-us-muslims-reject-freedom-of-expression

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

They're different though. ISIS is a terrorist state-wannabee while Saudi Americia is a terrorist state.

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fize4ever

@BiancaDK said:
@fize4ever said:
@Ant_17 said:

Is this real?

also the dark side of the moon, or the bottom of the ocean, would - literally - be worse in terms of going about truth-seeking inquiries

What criticism? Saudi Arabia is a shithole. Nobody argues that, but none of the shit you guys say is anywhere near being accurate. It's like the vilification Iran got (and still receives) not long ago. Criticism for all the wrong reasons. Hint: demonizing, dehumanization, etc, never fixed, improved, or helped, literally anything in the world.

But holy hell that last point. In what world exactly, is finding scientific studies, research with academic methodology, thesis, well-written op-ed from trustworthy outlets, and reaching out to opposing sides, worse than asking stuff on the Off-Topic board of GameSpot?

You guys are nuts.

Edit: also to the user who said I wrote that there are sources that state otherwise, I never said that. I wouldn't even bother to correct somebody here, much more, about Saudi Arabia (lol).

I'd rather play Shadow of Mordor.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Hexagon_777 said:

It's not just saudi arabia that thinks that way. A worryingly large amount of Muslims do.

http://pewglobal.org/2010/12/02/muslims-around-the-world-divided-on-hamas-and-hezbollah

58% of American Muslims believe criticism of Islam or Muhammad is not protected free speech under the First Amendment.

45% believe mockers of Islam should face criminal charges (38% said they should not).

12% of American Muslims believe blaspheming Islam should be punishable by death.

43% of American Muslims believe people of other faiths have no right to evangelize Muslims.

32% of Muslims in America believe that Sharia should be the supreme law of the land.

http://www.andrewbostom.org/blog/2012/10/31/sixty-percent-of-us-muslims-reject-freedom-of-expression

Muslims only represent less than 1% of the US population so it doesn´t matter what they want.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BiancaDK

@fize4ever: your criticism of the trustworthiness, or rather lack of, in OT

it's ironic because you're encompassed by your own criticism

ant_17 is to assume that what he has been informed in OT, cannot be trusted because reasons pertaining to OT, but ant_17 is informed of this by OT

you're trapped by the principles of the liar paradox

it's nothing to fuss over, just a lighthearted jab at the rhetoric <3

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Maroxad  Online

@fize4ever said:
@BiancaDK said:
@fize4ever said:
@Ant_17 said:

Is this real?

What criticism? Saudi Arabia is a shithole. Nobody argues that, but none of the shit you guys say is anywhere near being accurate. It's like the vilification Iran got (and still receives) not long ago. Criticism for all the wrong reasons. Hint: demonizing, dehumanization, etc, never fixed, improved, or helped, literally anything in the world.

But holy hell that last point. In what world exactly, is finding scientific studies, research with academic methodology, thesis, well-written op-ed from trustworthy outlets, and reaching out to opposing sides, worse than asking stuff on the Off-Topic board of GameSpot?

You guys are nuts.

Edit: also to the user who said I wrote that there are sources that state otherwise, I never said that. I wouldn't even bother to correct somebody here, much more, about Saudi Arabia (lol).

All you need to provide is any form of evidence that I am wrong.

But if you are going to keep throwing in Argumentum ad Lapidems, your words will carry no weight.

Edit: http://www.smh.com.au/world/maid-faces-being-stoned-to-death-in-saudi-arabia-after-admitting-adultery-20151127-gla9vk.html

Appeared in the news today, quite some time after I made my initial post in this thread.

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fize4ever

@BiancaDK: waaaaat

MRW
MRW

I'm not the sharpest tool in the bag lol

my sincerest apologies

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BiancaDK

@fize4ever: lulz its all good

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fize4ever

@Maroxad said:
@fize4ever said:
@BiancaDK said:
@fize4ever said:

You guys are nuts.

But if you are going to keep throwing in Argumentum ad Lapidems, your words will carry no weight.

Actually the burden of proof is on the claimant if you're going philosophical on me. =P

Factually show me that these laws are encoded in Saudi penal system and then you'll rest your case. Simply put they're not, because Saudi Arabia is lawless, one judge claims he's using Sharia, and the the other uses his so called common sense, and the biggest (lie) excuse is that in the end they all use the Quran and Hadith because this is their constitution lol. In the end, moves like these are political, rarely, if ever, religious.

It's a mess and I know how it runs, that image is simply not accurate.

But I really don't care and I'm not really arguing, I'm just saying that this is a bad place to lay input or read outputs. Simply put, there's little credit in someone solving world peace in a thread, then going arm-chair general in another, and on the next stop he'll summarize an entire country's penal code in a single image (not referring to you, it's just the general atmosphere of OT).

There are academic majors that study international law, sociology, engineering, medicine, heck, even military academies. Why everyone here acts like they have 7 PhDs?

Eh, even what I told you about Saudi legal system may not be all that accurate too, it's just from my personal experience with GCC countries.

We shouldn't go around passing judgement so candidly, because truth is, we don't know shit beyond our majors and the subjects we dedicate our lives to, save maybe for bare-minimum. Being light on judgement and taking sides helps keep this world divided. Our voices matter, IMO.

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fize4ever

@BiancaDK said:

@fize4ever: lulz its all good

Awesome

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts
@fize4ever said:

Factually show me that these laws are encoded in Saudi penal system and then you'll rest your case. Simply put they're not, because Saudi Arabia is lawless, one judge claims he's using Sharia, and the the other uses his so called common sense, and the biggest (lie) excuse is that in the end they all use the Quran and Hadith because this is their constitution lol. In the end, moves like these are political, rarely, if ever, religious.

My whole life has been a lie.

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fize4ever

@and1salttape: Get on Steam bro.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

The Saudi Royal family and ISIL commanders probably do share one thing in common: They're hypocrites. They indulge in acts that their very laws and religion tell them not to.

But also, their laws are the same and both have a religious police but ISIL is probably more progressive since they have women as religious police enforcers as well. Don't know if Saudi Arabia has one.

This was already known though and because Saudi Arabia is a valuable "ally" in the war against ISIL (yet their bombs keep on missing and hitting wedding parties in Yemen but that's none of my business), the US won't say much about it because of oil and regional politics. But mostly oil.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Maroxad  Online

Saudi Arabia's lead executioner: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2966790.stm

• Rape
  • Murder
  • Armed Robbery
  • Blasphemy
  • Apostasy

Are all being mentioned by him as being punishable by death. In the case of apostasy, apostates are usually given 3 days to return.

Homosexuality is punishable by death too

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/02/24/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death/

Treason is punishable by death.

http://www.deathpenaltyworldwide.org/country-search-post.cfm?country=Saudi+Arabia#f30-3

There is a reason the punishments for crimes are near identical. Both draw their justice system from Sharia law. Hudud which is probably the most atrocious with various absurd arbitary rules and equally arbitary punishments.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@fize4ever:

You know, it would be hilarious if you were Victarious_Fize or whatever that guy's name was.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@servomaster said:

They're basically a less crazy ISIS.

They are basically ISIS if their leadership/royalty had cushy lifestyles and were wealthy.. I mean it's like the Catholic Church in centuries past, in which they publically condemned people for similar crimes, while the clergy committed such acts or worse in private.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178874 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

@fize4ever:

You know, it would be hilarious if you were Victarious_Fize or whatever that guy's name was.

Maybe he is..........

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fize4ever

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Storm_Marine said:

@fize4ever:

Maybe he is..........

Who says I'm someone else? GameSpot just restored my old account. =P

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fize4ever

@Maroxad: I thought I was pretty clear.. factually prove it's written in Saudi penal code. You can't. It's basically whatever the judge says.

Some judges send people to jail, others send them to rehabilitation centers, others, like you mentioned, perform Hudud of their Madhab or based on their own interpretation, some fine them, etc. My entire point was that this isn't enshrined as law, each judge decides on his own.

That's basically what the guy was asking, if that it's really law and goes for everyone. At least, that's how I understood it and answered it. It's not, or I'll assure you, there'd be way, way more cases than the ones we hear. It's up to the judges, and the law system is so vague they can literally rule almost anything and say it's from the Quran/Hadith.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Can someone please just make me the official Gamespot Inquisitor of Alt Accounts and Bandodging?

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fize4ever

@Storm_Marine said:

Can someone please just make me the official Gamespot Inquisitor of Alt Accounts and Bandodging?

B-b-b-but G-Spot gave me this acc. :(

Pretty sure most users here have tons of alts tho, esp those from the unions days

back then you'd get b& and still want to post on your unions, so you just make two separate accounts, or have an alt ready, so that's like.. 80% of users of that era lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@fize4ever said:
@Maroxad said:
@fize4ever said:
@BiancaDK said:

You guys are nuts.

Actually the burden of proof is on the claimant if you're going philosophical on me. =P

But I really don't care and I'm not really arguing, I'm just saying that this is a bad place to lay input or read outputs. Simply put, there's little credit in someone solving world peace in a thread, then going arm-chair general in another, and on the next stop he'll summarize an entire country's penal code in a single image (not referring to you, it's just the general atmosphere of OT).

There are academic majors that study international law, sociology, engineering, medicine, heck, even military academies. Why everyone here acts like they have 7 PhDs?

Eh, even what I told you about Saudi legal system may not be all that accurate too, it's just from my personal experience with GCC countries.

We shouldn't go around passing judgement so candidly, because truth is, we don't know shit beyond our majors and the subjects we dedicate our lives to, save maybe for bare-minimum. Being light on judgement and taking sides helps keep this world divided. Our voices matter, IMO.

............ This makes no sense what so ever.. Saudi Arabia claims to be Islamic nation and government, ran by Islamic ideals.. Religion IS politics in this country because they themselves have identified themselves as a non secular Islamic nation.. Furthermore we have numerous accounts over decades of the punishments they give to their citizenry, not to mention the human rights violations they do to foreign workers.. This isn't the damned Cold War we are talking about in which the government creates propaganda against them.. Saudi Arabia is the US's ALLIES.. Furthermore shit like this only proves the point FURTHER.. When you silence some one, you aren't showing how just or powerful you are, you show how fearful you are in what the person may have said..

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Homosexuality is punishable by death too

Exceptions can be made for the right couples.

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fize4ever

@sSubZerOo said:
@fize4ever said:
@Maroxad said:
@fize4ever said:

You guys are nuts.

............ This makes no sense what so ever.. Saudi Arabia claims to be Islamic nation and government, ran by Islamic ideals.. Religion IS politics in this country because they themselves have identified themselves as a non secular Islamic nation.. Furthermore we have numerous accounts over decades of the punishments they give to their citizenry, not to mention the human rights violations they do to foreign workers.. This isn't the damned Cold War we are talking about in which the government creates propaganda against them.. Saudi Arabia is the US's ALLIES.. Furthermore shit like this only proves the point FURTHER.. When you silence some one, you aren't showing how just or powerful you are, you show how fearful you are in what the person may have said..

Ehh, I'm reaping the fruits of my antics..

Look, read my earlier posts, what you and others said is not wrong, it's not false, I never said that. I'm not saying it's truth either. It's just.. way deeper than that. As in, more complicated. The whys, hows, etc. We're talking tens of millions here, who are part of more than a billion people, with troubles on political, religious, social, etc, scale, from all ends continuously spanning and piling on each other for almost 1400 years now, and the whole situation is them beginning to explode. There's questions of religion, modernity, Ummah, etc etc.

There's no waaaaay a pic like that could sum up anything, much less a penal code of a country, and people here act like they're the 21st century's greatest polymaths, that's literally all I tried to say.

I said two things: that image isn't accurate, and I retract that, to avoid further "debates"(?), and that OT is a bad place to ask questions. That's it. We're losing track here, people.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Maroxad  Online
@Stesilaus said:

Exceptions can be made for the right couples.

That is not necessarily romantic though.

Kissing has a different context among middle easterners.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

America is friends with one, but the enemy of the other

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Great pic OP! We all know that (the leadership of) saudi arabia is filled with loads of narrow minded religious freaks which is sooo much different than ISIS. :eyeroll:

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#42 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

Hey

Hey Saud dudes

Your legal system is LIKE ISIS!
HAHAHA TRY TO SUE ME

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Drunk_PI

@THE_DRUGGIE:

You're so hardcore, man.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#44 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

@drunk_pi: Nah I'm a big ol' softie that got a little harder 'cause I lost weight.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

@Maroxad:

WTF? LoL

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hexagon_777
@raugutcon said:
@Hexagon_777 said:

Muslims only represent less than 1% of the US population so it doesn´t matter what they want.

Sadly, they have made it way passed 1% in some European countries.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Drunk_PI

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

@drunk_pi: Nah I'm a big ol' softie that got a little harder 'cause I lost weight.

lol :P

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Saudi Arabia will become the richest country on the planet.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Bring it on mother fuckers.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Seems Muslims are less tolerant than most others.