Some school buses in Utah are resorting to selling advertising.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Link (it appears my local Fox* network's YouTube channel hates video playback on other sites)

Has anyone seen something like this in your state? How bad does the education not just here in Utah, but perhaps this country to warrant ads (with limits unlike public transit) on school buses? Because I would think they wouldn't have had to do this otherwise.

*not to be confused with Fox News

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

it's only a matter of time that it moves from outside the busses only to inside the busses...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

Honestly I would be ashamed of this kind of thing, but K-12 education in the US is in such a sorry state, and since it's not getting the funding it needs, I don't blame schools for doing this.

So I say have at it, school admins. Do what you gotta do to make sure kids have the tools and supplies they need.

I draw the line, however, if these things start hurting kids (i.e. crappy, low-quality food and drinks in schools for example) like when Odwalla put their "juice" machines in schools (it wasn't juice, it's basically fruit-flavored syrup).

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34694 Posts

🤷‍♂️

Not like they wont see ads everywhere else.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 697 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I agree.

If they use the funds properly its fine. Better to look for a possible solution instead of pointlessly waiting for an ideal solution.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

Very sad to see, but everything needs to be done to protect the public school system from continuing to be starved and its funds being stolen for private/charter/other stuff by politicians.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

Don’t see that here, but I don’t live in a backwards red state that slashed education funding so it can give rich people welfare tax giveaways.