uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59163 Posts

Another thing that would have worked better as a cartoon.

Gangsters In Paradise? Ooooo......k

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8444 Posts

Well I was not expecting Jim Carrey to be in this movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

So 30 seconds of the trailer was spent on a bit that is ripped off from a 20 year old Austin powers movie.

What could go wrong?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

Was that a parody? And Sonic's look... Detective Pikachu looks FAR more promising.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

It's going to be a box office failure.

Also, I am so done with CG animations. Way to make them completely unappealing by producing nothing but, Hollywood. Until they start making traditional animations again, I will continue to ignore all of them. I find drawings much more charming.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup

@jaydan said:

For a movie that looks absolutely terrible, with a Sonic that looks like some bad rule34 furry art, Jim Carrey is sort of, well casted?

Although he's basically just being Jim Carrey, which is fine really. He'll probably be about the only enjoyable ting in the movie.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jaydan
@uninspiredcup said:
@jaydan said:

For a movie that looks absolutely terrible, with a Sonic that looks like some bad rule34 furry art, Jim Carrey is sort of, well casted?

Although he's basically just being Jim Carrey, which is fine really. He'll probably be about the only enjoyable ting in the movie.

If anyone had to see this movie at all, it would be for Jim Carrey, not Sanic

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup

At the end of the trailer it does very "Sonicy"

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/OGZqdtIYGOJ_X4-s4BQh59bHs3M=/0x0:2498x1042/1120x0/filters:focal(0x0:2498x1042):format(webp):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/16201529/Screen_Shot_2019_04_30_at_8.59.50_AM.png

Guessing they travel to Sonics dimension or some crap like that? And just, film 98% of the movie on boring ass earth than the creative lush vibrant environments of the game? Which is also conveniently cheaper.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Loading Video...

Ah, that's better. Not a good anime, but I'd still rather watch it a second time. Mobius is much more appealing to me than Sonic in our world.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jaydan
@ezekiel43 said:

Also, I am so done with CG animations. Way to make them completely unappealing by producing nothing but, Hollywood. Until they start making traditional animations again, I will continue to ignore all of them. I find drawings much more charming.

I don't think it's so much computer animated films that are a problem. Pixar is the best example of computer animation done right and they're also the pioneers of this medium of animation. I think history has shown that live-action with computer animated characters spliced into them clearly do not work as they always enter the uncanny valley.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

It actually looks like it has some entertainment value. Better than what I expected and Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik isn't too bad at all. Honestly, looks better than I expected. Sonic himself looks odd though and....."I hate that Hedgehog"....design though.

@jaydan said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@jaydan said:

If anyone had to see this movie at all, it would be for Jim Carrey, not Sanic

I definitely got an Ace Ventura vibe from Carrey's performance in this one so yeah, I'm going to go see this only because I still like Carrey and him as Dr. Robotnik isn't too bad as I thought. They are putting a lot more efforts into this Sonic live movie than I thought they would so credit were it's due.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@jaydan said:
@ezekiel43 said:

I don't think it's so much computer animated films that are a problem. I think history has shown that live-action with computer animated characters spliced into them clearly do not work as they always enter the uncanny valley.

Well, I'm talking about all CG animations. There isn't a single one I can think of that wouldn't look better drawn. I didn't used to dislike them so much. I watched and enjoyed them. But the abundance of them and the death of the old just makes me want to ignore them all now. I'm not counting TV shows and foreign movies. There obviously still are traditionally animated ones.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
@nintendoboy16 said:

Was that a parody? And Sonic's look... Detective Pikachu looks FAR more promising.

You watch this, then you watch Detective Pikachu trailer and you can instantly tell who actually gives a damn about the source material.

@ezekiel43 said:
Loading Video...

Ah, that's better. Not a good anime, but I'd still rather watch it a second time. Mobius is much more appealing to me than Sonic in our world.

Funny thing is, I still have the VHS Sonic movie and to be honest, I like that movie alot as a kid, it also introduce me to Sara the Cat girl and it was based on Sonic CD.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jaydan
@ezekiel43 said:
@jaydan said:
@ezekiel43 said:

I don't think it's so much computer animated films that are a problem. I think history has shown that live-action with computer animated characters spliced into them clearly do not work as they always enter the uncanny valley.

Well, I'm talking about all CG animations. There isn't a single one I can think of that wouldn't look better drawn. I didn't used to dislike them so much. I watched and enjoyed them. But the abundance of them and the death of the old just makes me want to ignore them all now. I'm not counting TV shows and foreign movies. There obviously still are traditionally animated ones.

See, I can't take that as seriously, though. Because Pixar has proven to be a major achiever in computer animation. You can't tell me that Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up or even Coco have not been major achievements that show what computer animation is capable of, both artistically and narrative-speaking. Some of their movies were major risks that they were willing to take as well. Yeah, maybe Toy Story could have a cool hand-drawn art style, but that's besides the point because that's never going to happen. That's about as bad as saying Disney needs to make live-action remakes of all their classic animated films these days (I really hope that trend ends soon). Toy Story resonates to this day as one of the greatest animated films ever created because it had a good story and good characters on top of the fact it was a pioneering film much like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was.

The problem with computer animation is all the copycat animation studios that tried to get a slice of that pie that Pixar got first helpings to. It's not that other animation studios have not made worthy computer animated films along the way, but the market has become over-saturated with low-brow cartoon-fests clearly aimed for kids that reminisce on the poop jokes and less to feast on for the "all ages" demographic like Pixar has so well been able to balance.

I do indeed think there's become an imbalance of traditionally drawn animated films. It seems like Studio Ghibli is the only studio these days that takes hand-drawn seriously and I wish we had more studios like that on the menu. I also want to see more stop-motion that does not orbit around being gothic all the time. I'm really thankful Wes Anderson broke the goth trend when he made Fantastic Mr. Fox and Isle of Dogs.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

That HAS to be some out-of-touch studio exec's decision to use that song because it's "edgy". You're advertising a movie whose main character's trademark is speed--why not have a fast tempo pop or rock song--even if it's an old one--to emphasize that speed? Actually, the whole production seems to be nothing but a reaction to the upcoming Pokemon movie.

If Pokemon Detective Pikachu has a "so crazy that it just might work" vibe to it, this is the EXACT polar opposite of that. It MIGHT get some coin from people hate-watching it, but this has train wreck all over it.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

@jaydan: Dude just said he thinks theyd look better hand drawn drawn and that's just an opinion. He didnt say they were objectively bad.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jaydan

@doomnukem3d: I'm interested in talking movies with him, but thank you for your interjection.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

@jaydan: You're welcome.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

Welp, it could've been worse. But goddamm, they made Sonic ugly as fuuuuuuuuck!!!!!! ?

Though if you can get past the look, the movie itself actually looks really good! I might check it out.....on Netflix or Hulu.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

That looks really bad

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@hallenbeck77 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

That HAS to be some out-of-touch studio exec's decision to use that song because it's "edgy". You're advertising a movie whose main character's trademark is speed--why not have a fast tempo pop or rock song--even if it's an old one--to emphasize that speed? Actually, the whole production seems to be nothing but a reaction to the upcoming Pokemon movie.

If Pokemon Detective Pikachu has a "so crazy that it just might work" vibe to it, this is the EXACT polar opposite of that. It MIGHT get some coin from people hate-watching it, but this has train wreck all over it.

Eh? Pokemon detective is using the very well used formula of a guy with a talking "bet/bear/"inputvarioussidekicks" like in Ted, Paddington, etc. etc. etc.... and then they use Ryan Reynolds as a draw.

Neither movie is doing anything spectacular or edgy and add the Nintendo fanbois crazy "pokemon" nostalgic and you will have some people lined up for days to watch that movie.

Sonic does not have the same appeal and nostalgy about him.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

Jim Cummings will always be best Robotnik.

Loading Video...

And that Sonic in that trailer scares me.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#23  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19630 Posts

The good:

Jim Carrey has some funny moments.

Sonic looked okay at first, when he was running at the start.

The bad:

Sonic's teeth. The human teeth looks uncanny valley.

Sonic's body proportions. Too long. He's supposed to be short, and his legs longer than his torso. But the torso here looks too long. And his body too thin.

Paramount should go back to the drawing board, and change Sonic's look, by getting rid of the teeth and fixing the body proportions.

But I would've preferred a full CGI movie, without the fur. Sonic looks fine in the Ralph movies. That suits him better.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Some Stupid Studio Executive: "Guys, that other dumb studio is coming out with a live-action Pokemon movie!"
Yes Men: "What? That's crazy! Right boss?"
SSSE: Yes, it is crazy. So what video game can we do to compete with it?
Yes Men: How about Sonic the Hedgehog? We can buy the rights to that game for 100,000!
SSSE: Really? OK!
Yes Men: and maybe we can put Gangster's Paradise in the trailer, too! Because...nostalgia!

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

@Jacanuk: Probably should have clarified--with the Pokemon movie, it looks like the filmmakers actually cared enough about the source material to make creatures that look reasonably close to what they look like in the games, and even the cartoon to some degree. It looks like it even takes place in one of the made-up cities that's in the world of the game. The story is probably formulamatic like you said, and has stunt casting of Reynolds, (I'm still waiting for Pikachu to start dropping f-bombs every time he talks) but being that I'm not a huge fan of the games or the cartoon, the movie looks appealing enough for me to take an interest in seeing it--despite not doing anything radically different.

None of that is appeal is in the Sonic trailer. It looks as if they took him out of the universe of the game and just dumped him into the real world, his design is just... off, and Jim Carey is just Jim Careying in this.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

time to wash my eyes with bleach

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jacanuk
@hallenbeck77 said:

@Jacanuk: Probably should have clarified--with the Pokemon movie, it looks like the filmmakers actually cared enough about the source material to make creatures that look reasonably close to what they look like in the games, and even the cartoon to some degree. It looks like it even takes place in one of the made-up cities that's in the world of the game. The story is probably formulamatic like you said, and has stunt casting of Reynolds, (I'm still waiting for Pikachu to start dropping f-bombs every time he talks) but being that I'm not a huge fan of the games or the cartoon, the movie looks appealing enough for me to take an interest in seeing it--despite not doing anything radically different.

None of that is appeal is in the Sonic trailer. It looks as if they took him out of the universe of the game and just dumped him into the real world, his design is just... off, and Jim Carey is just Jim Careying in this.

Ahh, ya we can only agree there the Pikachuu movie seems to be made with care where Sonic looks like it´s a low budget cash grab where they spent all the budget on Jim Carrey (even though his star has faded quite a bit after he went all "mental"), Getting Reynolds is great as anything even a voice after his massive success as Deadpool

And it will be fun to see Young "jim Carrey" against Real Jim Carrey at the box office.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jag85

@Jacanuk said:
@hallenbeck77 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Eh? Pokemon detective is using the very well used formula of a guy with a talking "bet/bear/"inputvarioussidekicks" like in Ted, Paddington, etc. etc. etc.... and then they use Ryan Reynolds as a draw.

That's not what makes it "so crazy that it just might work". It's the fact that there's a movie set in an alternate universe full of Pokemon, and where Pikachu talks, is a detective, and is furry/plushy, and it's live-action, and based on a video game and anime franchise. Up until last year, no one could've thought a movie like that could become a blockbuster. The movie had disaster written all over it from the moment it was announced, with most people who've heard of it writing it off and box-office watchers predicting a flop... And then after the first trailer dropped, perceptions of the movie changed overnight, and now it's widely tipped to be a major blockbuster.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jacanuk
@Jag85 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@hallenbeck77 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

That's not what makes it "so crazy that it just might work". It's the fact that there's a movie set in an alternate universe full of Pokemon, and where Pikachu talks, is a detective, and is furry/plushy, and it's live-action, and based on a video game and anime franchise. Up until last year, no one could've thought a movie like that could become a blockbuster. The movie had disaster written all over it from the moment it was announced, with most people who've heard of it writing it off and box-office watchers predicting a flop... And then after the first trailer dropped, perceptions of the movie changed overnight, and now it's widely tipped to be a major blockbuster.

You mean like any other movie where a human finds a "magical" friend?

Changing the surface to be pokemon, does not change the foundation and that the formula is used in Ted, Paddington and a ton of other movies.

But i am sure that the fan-service of a real action pokemon movie will get the juicy flowing in all the Nintendo fans out there.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jag85

@hallenbeck77 said:

It also helps that the source material itself actually has a solid script. The reason so many video game movies in the past have turned out horrible is because the source material itself was either poorly-written, had a shallow story, or had an almost non-existent plot. What makes Pokemon Detective Pikachu different is the fact that it's based on an adventure game, Detective Pikachu, which already had a well-written script to begin with. So Warner Bros already had a good script from the get-go, which is a solid foundation to build a movie on. And then The Pokemon Company itself got involved as a co-producer of the movie, having a say in how it turns out, which has helped it stay faithful to the Pokemon brand. In other words, DP feels authentic because it's faithful to its source material.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jag85

@Jacanuk said:
@Jag85 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

You mean like any other movie where a human find a "magical" friend?

Changing the surface to be pokemon, does not change the foundation and that the formula is used in Ted, Paddington and a ton of other movies.

But i am sure that the fan-service of a real action pokemon movie will get the juicy flowing in all the Nintendo fans out there.

In both Ted and Paddington, there's only one furry/plushy "magical friend" in an otherwise fully human world (a formula that Sonic is using). That's not what Detective Pikachu is doing. It's an entire world full of Pokemon. It's not just a single talking Pikachu in a human world, but it's an entire world full of Pokemon, and Pokemon trainers, and Pokemon battles, and other crazy cartoony shit from the Pokemon games and anime show. No matter how you spin it, all of that would've been considered batshit insane for a live-action movie just a year ago. When the first trailer came out, many thought it must've been some fan-made trailer, rather than an actual movie trailer.

Most of the people who are planning to watch Pokemon are not Nintendo fans at all. Most of them have never even played the games, and many of them don't even know the games exist. There are so many casuals who think Pokemon started off as a cartoon show, and don't even realize that it was originally a video game first.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

This looks really bad, at least Dr.Robotnik looks good?

Also, it made for a good avatar to use on GameSpot at least.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/338/909/2fa.gif

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jacanuk
@Jag85 said:

In both Ted and Paddington, there's only one furry/plushy "magical friend" in an otherwise fully human world (a formula that Sonic is using). That's not what Detective Pikachu is doing. It's an entire world full of Pokemon. It's not just a single talking Pikachu in a human world, but it's an entire world full of Pokemon, and Pokemon trainers, and Pokemon battles, and other crazy cartoony shit from the Pokemon games and anime show. No matter how you spin it, all of that would've been considered batshit insane for a live-action movie just a year ago. When the first trailer came out, many thought it must've been some fan-made trailer, rather than an actual movie trailer.

Most of the people who are planning to watch Pokemon are not Nintendo fans at all. Most of them have never even played the games, and many of them don't even know the games exist. There are so many casuals who think Pokemon started off as a cartoon show, and don't even realize that it was originally a video game first.

Now you are talking story and surface not the foundation

The formula is exactly the same, Man meets Animal/bear/magical creature, man helps or needs help, Man and creature go on some kind of adventure, Man & Animal bond and figure out the world situation etc. etc...

It´s nothing to do with the formula that the world is filled with Pokemon, that´s part of the story and the movies setting/atmosphere.

It´s neither quality nor is an invention of the newest breakthrough in movies. It´s a simple fan-service movie, especially now with Pokemon go´s popularity. And I'm not saying the movie is not going to be good and fun, but it's like Transformers, a movie you watch while the brain is turned off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Looks something from sonic.exe

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

It looks...not good.

But I kind of miss having Jim Carrey in my life (and will get tire of him 1 seconds after he re-enters it). Got a chuckle or two from his dialogue.

Coolio? Lets not go there.

And you can see the movie angling for the sequel already when Carrey got a hold of that blue Sonic hair. Clone stuff and you get you know who.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#37 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I'm good thanks. Lol Jim Carrey is an alright addition though.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jag85

@Jacanuk said:
@Jag85 said:

Now you are talking story and surface not the foundation

The formula is exactly the same, Man meets Animal/bear/magical creature, man helps or needs help, Man and creature go on some kind of adventure, Man & Animal bond and figure out the world situation etc. etc...

It´s nothing to do with the formula that the world is filled with Pokemon, that´s part of the story and the movies setting/atmosphere.

It´s neither quality nor is an invention of the newest breakthrough in movies. It´s a simple fan-service movie, especially now with Pokemon go´s popularity. And I'm not saying the movie is not going to be good and fun, but it's like Transformers, a movie you watch while the brain is turned off.

According to your logic: "Star Wars is using the very well used formula of the hero's journey... and then they used visual effects as a draw." Which would clearly be missing the bigger picture. The foundation alone means nothing. It's what you build on the foundation that matters.

When X-Men and Spider-Man came out in the early 2000s, they didn't "invent" anything "new", but simply re-told stories that had already been told before. What they did do, however, is raise the bar and open the doors for superhero movies. Detective Pikachu has the potential to do the same for video game movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#39 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@ezekiel43: I get where you're coming from. In the early 2000's there were still a couple of animated 2D movies, made either hand-drawn or through computer programs. But somewhere around that time it's like all of the animation companies just decided to switch to making everything CG.

I'm thankful a lot of 2D children's cartoons are still being made, even if they aren't all that. It's just unfortunate that a lot of the great animation of the past has been abandoned in favor of 3D rendering. At least South Park, The Simpsons, and several anime shows are keeping 2D animation alive.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Ugh. ?

This looks really. Really. REALLY bad. I hope Jimmy boy is taking home more than a decent payday for the hit this is going to make on his resume. Not that he much needs it anyway, but still.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Some funny pictures floating around.

First pic of Tails:

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts
Loading Video...

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

I know I'm in the minority but I can't wait for this movie. It is going to be so bad that it may be fun. Like this may be on the level of "The Room" featuring Tommy Wizeu bad. I can't wait.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23949 Posts

I thought they learnt after Sonic 06 that Sonic's aesthetics simply put dont mesh with realistic graphics all that well.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaVillain  Moderator

@360ru13r said:

I know I'm in the minority but I can't wait for this movie. It is going to be so bad that it may be fun. Like this may be on the level of "The Room" featuring Tommy Wizeu bad. I can't wait.

I'll go see this Sonic movie just for Jim Carrey's Dr. Robotnik and from the way this movie's going for, Jim's performance will carried the movie.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jag85

@Maroxad said:

I thought they learnt after Sonic 06 that Sonic's aesthetics simply put dont mesh with realistic graphics all that well.

They just had to adapt the worst Sonic game. And right after Sonic finally redeemed himself with Mania.

It's puzzling why Paramount insisted on a live-action movie, when they could've just made a CGI movie instead, like how Sonic looks in Wreck-It Ralph and Ralph Breaks the Internet.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Damn this look awful. Couldn't even make it through half the trailer, so doubt I could sit through the entire movie.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

Terrible...terrible...terrible

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#50 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@hallenbeck77 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Yeah, I really don't get the song choice for the trailer.

Anyway, the design of Sonic is god awful. I get they were trying to make him look a little more realistic, but it just turned out to be a major disaster. However, I do love me some Jim Carrey so I'm getting it for just him.