Angry_Walrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Angry_Walrus
Member since 2022 • 111 Posts

My 8 GB of RAM only got me 30 fps on F1 2017. I have changed a dozen settings according to recommendations for imcreasing FPS, not much luck. At this point I think I will just buy a RAM stick but my laptop back going to be a B trying to get open.

Anybody here been having any low fps issues with 8 GB? Racing and shooters can be demanding but still. I heard 8GB should get you around 85 fps for Fortnite. Something is amiss here....

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1560 Posts

Adding a second stick of ram means you would be going from single channel ram to dual channel ram which could increase framerate. Try monitoring ram usage when playing games if it's at or near a 100% than your 8gb of ram could cause lower framerate.

What GPU and CPU does your Laptop have?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

@angry_walrus said:

My 8 GB of RAM only got me 30 fps on F1 2017. I have changed a dozen settings according to recommendations for imcreasing FPS, not much luck. At this point I think I will just buy a RAM stick but my laptop back going to be a B trying to get open.

Anybody here been having any low fps issues with 8 GB? Racing and shooters can be demanding but still. I heard 8GB should get you around 85 fps for Fortnite. Something is amiss here....

Just because you have 8gb does not mean you are going to get a specific performance level. The rest your your computer specs also determine what kind of performance level you see. So what the question is what is the cpu and gpu you are currently running?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

F1 games benefit also from faster RAM speeds, so in order to get more fps you'll need to upgrade to dual channel fast RAM, that will be the cheapest hack for you, unless you want to upgrade the whole rig