building a new comp...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edziscs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Edziscs
Member since 2006 • 444 Posts
... and since i'm a total hardware noob, i would like to know what can any of you recommend.. the budget is 700Ls=1170$.... thanks
Jagg3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Jagg3d
Member since 2007 • 773 Posts

Well that isn't a whole lot of money but I would recommend one of the following

if you wanna go somewhat big:

A Core 2 Duo Processor E6400 maybe, a 8800series card for the future, a decent mobo 108i or something like that, and 2gb of some DDR2 ram, Power supply it all with a 550W Antec TPII.

A cheaper builld might be

A AMD X2 series like the 4800, 2gb or DDR2 or 1 for now, the same power supply, and say a 7900GT card, although still I don't really recommend doing this even though it's what I have because of the options available

TheLiberal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TheLiberal
Member since 2007 • 294 Posts

Well that isn't a whole lot of money but I would recommend one of the following

if you wanna go somewhat big:

A Core 2 Duo Processor E6400 maybe, a 8800series card for the future, a decent mobo 108i or something like that, and 2gb of some DDR2 ram, Power supply it all with a 550W Antec TPII.

A cheaper builld might be

A AMD X2 series like the 4800, 2gb or DDR2 or 1 for now, the same power supply, and say a 7900GT card, although still I don't really recommend doing this even though it's what I have because of the options available

Jagg3d

LOL...that's not a lot of money, eh?  It'll seem like a lot more when your mommy's not buying your stuff.

To the author: How are the prices of computer components in Latvia?  Are they inflated or normal, cos that could really affect what you can buy.
bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

thats plenty of money to buy a great midrange pc w/o a monitor. Getting your mommy to buy everything isn't that great because

a: she buys bullcrapishly slow stuff

b: she doesn't know anything so i end up upgrading my whole pc just to be able to play stuff

FlameMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 FlameMe
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts
to the OP - do you plan to build the rig yourself, or do you want something prebuilt?