Error, I need help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supergamer1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 supergamer1289
Member since 2005 • 2825 Posts
So for no specific reason my laptop crashes to a blue screen and in the 2 seconds I can see it I make out the words memory dump. I report theĀ  error and it says this:

During the crash analysis, we noticed the basic input/output (BIOS) system version on this computer does not match the specifications for the central processing unit (CPU), also known as a processor, that is installed on your computer. This can occur when a newer processor is installed on an older system board or older BIOS. Using a BIOS that does not support the installed processor can result in Windows system crashes. Contact your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer for an updated version of BIOS for your computer's processor.

How is this possible, I have been using this laptop for a very long time and have never had this problem. I have tried to scan for virues 3 times, but I crash before I can finish. I will try again. Do you guys have any other sugestions. The only new hard ware i got was a power cord. Could that have anything to do with it? Please help!
supergamer1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 supergamer1289
Oh, and if you care, its not the computer in my sig. I do have that to fall back on, but I like my laptop!
supergamer1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 supergamer1289
Help!!!
supergamer1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 supergamer1289
ANYONE!
riznitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 riznitch
Member since 2003 • 36 Posts
did you do any bios updating? maybey that CMOS battery is dying and it has released the bios memory. if you go into BIOS does anythin look out of the ordinary, say the FSB.
Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts
Where did you get an error report like that?

Can you get into safemode?
fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts
I'm going to take a wild guess.Ā  Maybe your Bios is corrupted.Ā  Try going into it when it's booting up.Ā  There should be a message on the screen telling which button to press.Ā  See if you see anything weird in there.Ā  As a last resort you could try the "reset to defaults" option which is probably in there.Ā  Not sure if that's a good idea or not.Ā  I've never played in the Bios much myself......