attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts

The ONE thing I turn off in all games, I can't - background music. It destroys my focus and I can't play like this. Singing voices: aaaaAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaah. AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa. aaaaaAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaah. KILL. ME.

Adjusting the slider to zero while in game has no effect.

Anyone else have this issue?

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 attirex

A mod for basic game functions like background music volume is sad. Needs to be fixed with an actual update. And yes, I prefer to “whinge” about it on the internet rather than reporting bug. And no, you can’t have my sister. And yes I’m a “looser”

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

It's not a bug, it's a feature XD

I guess it's part of the game. You can complain to 343 Industries , maybe they'll fix it somehow to be less annoying.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 attirex

Hm. Well, seems like it's working now (ie, music is turned off), so some kind of weird bug when running game for first time. Who knows?

Am I the only one who can't play games with the background music enabled? I mean, I know lots of ppl play while listening to music (ie, music from their own library they actually like, so slightly different) but.....

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@attirex: i never turn background music off myself. But of course some soundtracks are more annoying than others, so i do have to wonder how i'd enjoy it with vs without the music. I will say the one example I can think of is OG Tomb Raider on DOS vs PS -> maybe it's just a familiarity thing, but I much prefer the DOS version. The ambiance is much spookier with just the cave sounds and my footsteps than with the music

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

Yeah I turn background music off in a lot of my freeform, sandbox games because I like to chill out and listen to music.

But in a story-driven, single-player game, I like to leave it on. I figure they had a point with the music--to set the mood, to indicate battles or calm moments, and so on--so I like to leave it on.

I do the same thing in D and D when DM'ing, I have a set of tavern music and a set of battle music :D

Still...that's a pretty big oversight on 343's part to not have a music volume slider. S eems like a pretty basic option.

parahvars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 parahvars
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

Whenever I launch the game and get into the menu there is no sound, and there is no sound from my entire PC. I can have discord on or a YouTube video on while the game is running and I cannot hear anything. As soon as I close the game audio returns. Thoughts?